Quick update inbetween

Some might've wondered why not all units I planned to ship until yesterday have shipped yet - and some followed IRC or our Discord channel and could imagine what the reason was.

During assembly, I noticed that about 10% of the units didn't want to boot up after they had been powered down.
I couldn't possibly ship these units, so I put them aside, assembled a bit more but then went on together with daveshah to find out what the issue is and how to fix it.

This took a bit of time (with testing, etc.) but it seems like there are still some wrong timings setup in the memory configuration.
We found a quick workaround (so that I can finish and ship these units) while daveshah wanted to take a closer look at that this weekend.

Additionally, thanks to feedback from users who received their unit already, I'm constantly improving the build process so that the next units should have less flaws than the previous ones.
I also had to investigate what issues we have and how to fix them (all of them are tolerance issues, so the plastic is a tiny bit too thick on some areas and needs to be sanded down).

Of course, such manual labour is too much work, so I had to record videos for the team at UniquePlast so they change this in the mould and the next batch of units won't have these issues anymore, so assembling them will be a lot faster and easier.

Therefore, due to lack of time, only a few units have shipped out, but the remaining ones will follow soon. :)

It seems that today I finally found the rooms I want to rent where the assembly of all our stuff (Retrode2, MegaDrive and SNES games, ColUSB, Pyras, etc.) will take place and we can move around February.
This will make things a lot easier and faster as well - as right now, we need to spend a lot of time playing real-life Sokoban with the boxes of parts :)

That's it for now, back to work :D
please provide info on total amount due on my preorder and delivery

please provide info on total amount due on my preorder and delivery
I'm not affiliated with the Pyra team, ED, dragonbox or anything. But my understanding is that right now you need to get an email first (if you haven't already these last weeks) then follow a link in that mail to complete your order (transform your prepreorder into an order, with anything else you may want to buy there), maybe correct detail shipment and payment details, confirm and pay.
They're sending the emails as they build the units, in the order of prepreorders. The tracking is on another thread. So far they've sent the first 50 emails to prepreorderers.
If you didn't get an email yet, like me, just wait some more. I guess even the price and delivery options (or customer address) could theoretically change between now and email/order. I mean changes in couriers or taxes or whatever.
If you didn't get the email but you know you're one of the 50 first prepreorderers then maybe contact ED (or optionally just wait too).

My pre-preorder number is one of the last ones, but I want to ask if it's possible for any accessories I buy now to have combined shipping with my Pyra when it ships. I figured I ought to ask before placing an order only to find out there's no notes field.

I'm not affiliated with the Pyra team, ED, dragonbox or anything. But my understanding is that right now you need to get an email first (if you haven't already these last weeks) then follow a link in that mail to complete your order (transform your prepreorder into an order, with anything else you may want to buy there), maybe correct detail shipment and payment details, confirm and pay.
They're sending the emails as they build the units, in the order of prepreorders. The tracking is on another thread. So far they've sent the first 50 emails to prepreorderers.
If you didn't get an email yet, like me, just wait some more. I guess even the price and delivery options (or customer address) could theoretically change between now and email/order. I mean changes in couriers or taxes or whatever.
If you didn't get the email but you know you're one of the 50 first prepreorderers then maybe contact ED (or optionally just wait too).

I placed my order August, 3, 2017 and don’t know where I stand. Haven’t received any emails

My pre-preorder number is one of the last ones, but I want to ask if it's possible for any accessories I buy now to have combined shipping with my Pyra when it ships. I figured I ought to ask before placing an order only to find out there's no notes field.
If I remember correctly, as soon as you get your order link for the Pyra, you can add all the other stuff you need and it will be shipped together.

I placed my order August, 3, 2017 and don’t know where I stand. Haven’t received any emails
Look the first 200 orders actually received a package with a dummy board with the order number written on it.
If you dont have that board you are so far behind that you dont need to worry about getting mails at this point.

If he preorderered in 2017 he wasn't one of the pre-preorderers that got a pcb to sate their patience. He's just a normal preorderer who presumably was due an email containing a voucher. If he's not got that email then I hope the shop has a record of that.

Look the first 200 orders actually received a package with a dummy board with the order number written on it.
If you dont have that board you are so far behind that you dont need to worry about getting mails at this point.
I'm 2019, so, I should have got my email right?

Damn, I wish I had a job earlier, but only recently could afford something like this. Been following since the announcement though :).

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rSl
1. Pre-Preorders get their units first!

The pre-preorders saved their spot when they placed their order with a higher risk, before we even had ANYTHING working - and helped us out immensively.
These 200 (a bit less, as some have cancelled their order) have received a signed Pre-Preorder PCB with their unit number.

If you don't have such a PCB, relax - you have not missed your email yet.

2. After that, the normal preorders will receive the emails. They have no special queue number, but I will post the date where we're currently at - so if you ordered before that date, you should've received your unit.

At the moment, we are still with the Pre-Preorders. You should have received your email if your PCB has the number 50 or less!

I've ordered in May 2016 and haven't received an email yet, not sure if this is considered pre-pre-order or pre-order or else. Don't know my number in queue. Any advice? Thanks

Starting to get a smidge nervous from the lack of updates. Hopefully no news is good news?
There's assembly in progress, but ED has said that Covid has definitely had an impact on production - it's just going slowly. Nothing to worry about, but I assume it will take many more weeks for remaining units to get produced and shipped. I think there are a couple of minor tweaks being made to cases, but those won't affect production as they are being fixed manually for the first batches (which also takes time).

Yeah, it sounds like he has to run the shop essentially on his own right now, plus assemble units and ship everything, so it makes sense it's taking a longer time than he'd hoped.

An icrlandic volcano is at work against Pyra deliveries again. This time the unpronounceable name is Fagradalsfjall.
Is that a sign that more are coming soon? XD

This one doesn't seem to be pumping out as much ash, more magma instead. Whether this is the only result of the recent seismic activity on the island or there's more to come isn't clear yet, I posit.

Well, I don't know if I prefer suffocating with ash or bathing in lava... I guess the latter is more straightforward heh!
What do you mean, derailing? :-°
I hope everyone reading this message has a great day, anyway!

Back