It reminds me of the Pandora!

As per my understanding in suspend mode running state of system is saved in RAM, and power supply to all other parts excluding RAM is cut off. So how did pinephone is able to detect incoming call in suspend mode, and what triggers it to come out of suspend mode ?

I'm a complete ignorant on these things but it may be that 3G/4G modem is able to do a wake-on-lan kind of thing? Will be Pyra capable of something similar?

As per my understanding in suspend mode running state of system is saved in RAM, and power supply to all other parts excluding RAM is cut off. So how did pinephone is able to detect incoming call in suspend mode, and what triggers it to come out of suspend mode ?
My understanding is the same. I assume the modem chip keeps powered on and can activate an IRQ line to wake up the SOC.
The SOC has that IRQ line configured as a wakeup source. (and the touchscreen, keyboard, etc. too, maybe also a timer).
In the Pyra schematics I see a MODEM-WAKEUP 11.3B line that goes to pin 41 of the Board to-board connector. It seems to be connected to GPIO1_WK15/28.1A on the CPU board and go to U2201GPIO1_WK1 on the OMAP5432 CPU.
Before one can use that the kernel must be able to suspend (or hibernate) and resume correctly, of course.

But maybe it would be worth investigating the PinePhone software closer, if someone plans to use the Pyra as a phone.

Not sure it does? Just tested mine, and it doesn't wake up for a call.
Correction - my PinePhone did apparently try to wake up. It just crashed in the process.

Maybe you can update your software somehow with the changes Lukasz Erecinski attributed to Ondrej (Megi) Jirman ?
Or just wait till some update to the software you are using picks them up ?
I have no idea, just lurking in other people's forums.

Aaah, the good old Osborne Effect. I know that one perfectly well, I even own a fully working Osborne 1 with modem, 50+ floppy disks... sigh.
Those were the days.

But a possible i.MX8 upgrade cannot be compared to the Osborne.

The Osborne 2 was supposed a completely new PC. And these were damn expensive back then. You would buy one every few years, not every few months as a lot do these days.
The Pyra only gets a new CPU board and can be upgraded. A new CPU board is a long time away (not a month). It will be a lot cheaper than buying a full new device - and while waiting, you can use the current unit.

So nope, that's something completely different. Maybe not if you're a Zwerg, but the world for Zwergs seems to be completely different anyways, with SoCs being not available anymore even though they're still in production... so yeah, in the parallel world where he's living, the Osborne effect could very well trigger here :)

Am I the only one here thinking you are all talking about Ozzy?

Probably...
Yeah the Ozzy 1

300px-Osborne_1_open.jpg

Nice it's got two floppy drives, I bet that's so that it can crunch through two .bat files at the same time. :cool:
In one, you need the OS. Because each command was actually loaded from floppy.
So the other could have your program, while in the program, you could remove the floppy for the OS, and put there your data floppy with your files.
Sounds complicated, but its not.

Back