SuperZaxxon v1.52 released!

With the previous Super Zax I was able to upgrade my pandora (Silver) to 1,000 Ghz but since the update now I get errors until I drop to 996... Processor degrading slightly?
You got this numbers using the cpu stress test ?

LOL Sorry. Yes 996 mhz is my current and that is from CPU Stress Test. Used to be able to clock to 1,000 Mhz. haha.

From what i've seen, one complete testing week is needed to have an accurate stable OPP5 OC estimation.

It's also reported that temperature has an effect on this value.

I forgot about this. Do a pull request on github or something and it should come with the next update.

The problem with that, is that I need to replace op_storage.sh, which is a core Pandora script and doesn't sit inside your config button area.

I had about a 10 hour test that gave me this result. Since the test, everything seems to be stable. Played a few games, checked email, surfed a bit. Not sure I can leave it running for a week. I use my pandora almost every day.

ntpdate! Woot! I normally add this. I was thinking about adding it as a PND but no need to bother now.

Many thanks Notas - will have a play this week-end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had about a 10 hour test that gave me this result. Since the test, everything seems to be stable. Played a few games, checked email, surfed a bit. Not sure I can leave it running for a week. I use my pandora almost every day.
Sometimes, there's no error during +11h

Let it go at night, and when it doesn't bug anymore, remove 5-10 MHz for safety, and wait for a longer possibility.

That's my two cent based on a little experience with this new tool.

Over the weekend I will try an extended test. Start Friday afternoon and see how long it will go.

Thanks!

I noticed in /etc/sudoers.d/50_openpandora that there's a duplicated entry for:

%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/pandora/scripts/op_tvout.sh

After the update I had the OPP level set to 5... is this normal ? I returned it to 3... I never need to go faster than 800mhz

Thanks so much for this update, with the updater utility also :)

Am I Imagining things or does the menu auto open now? Before you had to click twice for the menu system..

Nice :)

So is the PND updater supposed to work with a SZ1.51 system installed on SD card, or not?

As far as I understood, the updates are applied correctly, except the kernel, that's copied to /boot, which does not exist on an SD install... Or should I mount the boot partition to /boot before starting the updater?...

Ok I'm not understanding the CPU stuff.. Every now and then, maybe after a reboot. My CPU resorts to 600. And my selection goes from 600 to 800. My OPP is set to 5 and now my max allowed MHz is now 800 :(

I had a couple of questions regarding the kernel and git.openpandora.org:

1. Looking through the history of git://git.openpandora.org/openpandora.oe.git there is a recipe called omap3-pandora-kernel_2.6.27-pandora.bb that was bumped whenever changes were committed to the 2.6.27 kernel. Does a similar recipe exist for the 3.2 kernel? I am unable to find this and it is unclear to me how the 3.2 kernel is added to the firmware images.

2. I don't see the changes for SZ 1.52 with regards to the kernel- were they maybe not pushed? Or should I be looking in a different place than git://git.openpandora.org/pandora-kernel.git

Ok I'm not understanding the CPU stuff.. Every now and then, maybe after a reboot. My CPU resorts to 600. And my selection goes from 600 to 800. My OPP is set to 5 and now my max allowed MHz is now 800 :(
Just go to Settings->CPU-settings and choose "set maximum allowed MHz", then "set default maximum MHz" to change those.

1. Looking through the history of git://git.openpandora.org/openpandora.oe.git there is a recipe called omap3-pandora-kernel_2.6.27-pandora.bb that was bumped whenever changes were committed to the 2.6.27 kernel. Does a similar recipe exist for the 3.2 kernel? I am unable to find this and it is unclear to me how the 3.2 kernel is added to the firmware images.
No there is no 3.2 recipe because OE doesn't support building multiple kernels into single image, or we just don't know how to do it. The kernel+modules are manually built from pandora-3.2 branch and copied on top of final rootfs. It's pretty bad but I don't have any better solution.

2. I don't see the changes for SZ 1.52 with regards to the kernel- were they maybe not pushed? Or should I be looking in a different place than git://git.openpandora.org/pandora-kernel.git
Pushed out now, I simply forgot it (again).

Back