SuperZaxxon v1.70RC released

A few days ago I upgraded to this firmware, and now I find nm-applet refusing to start up due to missing icons:

WARNING **: Icon nm-device-wwan missing: Icon 'nm-device-wwan' not present in theme
This is associated with a dialog saying that as it can't find some resources, it cannot continue.

Sounds like with the above comment, XFCE4 theming is broken (I tried a few others aside from the default cadmium one, no difference).
Yeah, those graphics are (should) still present on the nand, however, they are SVG (scalable vector graphics), and those do not seem to be displayed anymore. I did not do a full flash and had similar problems.

Do you have this one? /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22z22/apps/nm-device-wwan.png

anyway, update your cache:

https://developer.gnome.org/gdk-pixbuf/stable/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.html

it is /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - this is a critical bug for me, as without NetworkManager I can't bring up the wifi or USB-dongle ethernet based network interfaces - i.e. I'm without the net on a device which is mainly used as a browser atm.

did you reboot afterwards? (I think that the icon appeared only after a reboot, but its a few weeks ago and I do not recall it)

I didn't see your edit - I do have '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/nm-device-wwan.png', first I did 'sudo gtk-update-icon-cache', then 'sudo gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache', then 'sudo gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache' - nothing changed after each attempt, so I rebooted, but now all the icons have been bricked...

Must be some hacks that the Pandora team have done to this environment? Haven't seen these commands completely brick icons before. Now the filemanager won't start, I bet its the same for others.

Edit: Yes before reporting the problem initially I had rebooted the Pandora after the firmware flashing.

What happened to the the new xfce4 theme introduced in 1.62?  I noticed that, after 1.70RC full reflash, the theme is now back to pre 1.62.  Not important, just curious.
It was a side effect of broken svg lib, the system did a fallback to .png which look different. Now that the lib is fixed, "old" icons are back.

A few days ago I upgraded to this firmware, and now I find nm-applet refusing to start up due to missing icons:

WARNING **: Icon nm-device-wwan missing: Icon 'nm-device-wwan' not present in theme
This is associated with a dialog saying that as it can't find some resources, it cannot continue.
Looks like your update was interrupted, you need to somehow connect to Internet manually and run the update again or just reflash.

In the wizard, the 1000MHz/1GHz setting is at OPP4, shouldn't it be OPP3 ?
No, why would it be? 1GHz is the fastest officially supported frequency.

Yeah, those graphics are (should) still present on the nand, however, they are SVG (scalable vector graphics), and those do not seem to be displayed anymore.
This has been fixed, see above..

I didn't see your edit - I do have '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/nm-device-wwan.png', first I did 'sudo gtk-update-icon-cache', then 'sudo gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache', then 'sudo gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache' - nothing changed after each attempt, so I rebooted, but now all the icons have been bricked...

Must be some hacks that the Pandora team have done to this environment? Haven't seen these commands completely brick icons before. Now the filemanager won't start, I bet its the same for others.
Looks like your manual actions broke whatever was broken even more.

Since the previous beta with the massive library update ive lost autologin.
And enabling it on "Settings->Startup" doesn't help?

I can't imagine how people run into all these strange problems, system maintainer's job is a nightmare. I guess the often seen in Android approach "release once, never update" is the right thing to do after all..

The upgrade I'm referring to was a firmware flash - my original attempt to upgrade bricked the install completely.

Linux-SWAT said:
In the wizard, the 1000MHz/1GHz setting is at OPP4, shouldn't it be OPP3 ?
No, why would it be? 1GHz is the fastest officially supported frequency.
On the 1Ghz it seems that the OPP levels are:

OPP2: < 600Mhz

OPP3: 601Mhz - 800Mhz

OPP4: 801Mhz > What ever you can push it.

This was just gathered by setting a frequency and checking the output of dmesg.

I can't imagine how people run into all these strange problems, system maintainer's job is a nightmare. I guess the often seen in Android approach "release once, never update" is the right thing to do after all..
I thought the glib upgrade would be a major mess, but you managed to pull it off with only minor problems and within a very short time. That's pretty awesome!

I flashed SuperZaxxon170RC...

The nmapplet problem didn't happen immediately (and I didn't fiddle with themeing etc - just installed some XFCE4 plugins to the root filesystem, which doesn't include nmapplet).

Luckily thats my second Pandora, a 1GHz one - its sat there now while I use the original day to day. Too much time wasted on the 1GHz one with the initial brick, then testing and finding Pandian isn't really maintained enough, then reflashing and this... leaving it alone for a while unless there are tests/things I can do to sort the icons out.

Hi all !

I don't know if that's the right place to post that bug report, but...

Cave Story (original version, didn't try the improved one) no longer runs correctly, and I'm not sure whether it's related to the latest SuperSaxxon release...

The game now freezes the Pandora, just at the beginning, when picking up the very first life capsule on the left :(

Am I the only one facing that issue ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi sebt3,

I forgot to mention that PND used to work correctly before, but I'll check my MD5 just to be sure.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back