SuperZaxxon v1.52 released!

Hmm, okay... then I'll need to change the script.

Write the settings, sync and then change the CPU speed. That should fix that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone gotten the internal microphone to work with this new kernel? I have been trying to boot the old kernel, but have not had any success. Anyone done that yet?

I just followed wiki to activate mic and configured mhWaveEdit to test and it works.

Where is that? I have to boot into 2.6 to get Audacity to work and would love to use the Mic in 3.2 but was not able to.

Where would I find this solution. This is from an old thread about Audacity and the mic not working in 3.2.

Audacity by slaeshjag (port) - 6.67MB, 1.3 - 25/4/2011
Audacity is a cross-platform digital audio editor and recording application.
Mic does not work on the 3.2 Kernel.
     [edit][preferences]
Set to ALSA
     Output to "OMAP3Pandora HW:0,0"  or Default
     Set Input to "OMAP3Pandora HW:0,1"
In ALSA Mixer click select controls.
     1. Check left and right input sources.
     2. Go to options and change left input source to main mic, right input to line-in.
     3. Go to capture make sure the button is red drag the slider to max.
     4. Go to Main Tab and set Boost to mid level.

IF this is no longer true then I would love to know how.

OK, I downloaded mhwaveedit and now can record via the builtin mic.

Thanks.

I still hope for Audacity to get fixed and am glad that the problem is with Audacity and not the Pandora.

Why using and developing Pandora Angstroms while you can have and use Debian or Ubuntu on it? 

Does it really make senses?

Well, I have doubts if angstrom is really better than installing Debian on the Pandora. 

I still do not why so much interests in Angstroms. Furthermore, run_sh is coded in Python and not in C/C++.

The way / idea behind that it is coded if very far away from Linux standards. You copy all stuffs into /pandora :)

http://pandorawiki.org/Introduction_to_PNDs

Well, in my opinion, Pandora Project really needs to be "Debianized".

At least in terms of security, I hope that root is not employed like that.

I still have doubts but I am probably completely wrong om my first impression. 

This has been discussed in many threads.

The NAND is small, and Angstrom is one of the very few distros that are small enough for that.

Also, Angstrom has an ARM v7 optimized version.

Also Angstrom has been around for years, and was stable well before the Pandora was conceived, whereas the Debian based distros are quite recent. We couldn't use Debian because it didn't exist at the time, our only choice was Angstrom or a similar tiny linux. There has been a debian release and you are perfectly welcome to use that if you so desire, but I believe for the time being they are correct in continuing to use Angstrom: it is stable with known compatibility, if they switched now it would require a lot of testing and who knows how much porting to ensure that everything continues to work exactly as expected.

Also, your understanding of the PND system is incorrect. The way they are setup is in fact more secure since they're sandboxed from the rest of the system: "installing" a PND doesn't touch the root filesystem at all unless you allow it to (and it asks for root password when doing so so you can tell and make an informed decision). Helps control your installed applications and prevents malicious PNDs from doing damage to the firmware.

Back