SuperZaxxon v1.62RC released!

Maybe the Error is on other Side.

Have you TV Out Activated?

Snes9x with Picklelauncher is not TV Out Combatible

and that result ever in a Black Screen or Errors.
I don't have the TV Out enabled. No errors either. Guess I need to look into SGX.

You need to kill it? Why is that? You get just a black screen?

I'll try to test tonight, strange.

You didn't told the model of Pandora you are using?
Not even a black screen... the mouse cursor disappears and nothing in gui changes, but I can't interact with anything. Even pressing the Pandora button won't bring up the menu. I have let it sit like that for minutes but the only way to get any control back is to press and hold Pandora butoon until it reloads the desktop (what does that do anyway? obviously not restarting X since the other open apps come back where they left off).

This is on a Rebirth with no overclocking enabled.
I have the same kind of problems. Haven't tried with emulators, but with Super Methane Brothers, Valyria Tear, Super Maryo Chronicles and somesuch. For Valyria Tear, I get a black screen and the music, but no interaction (have to kill with pandora button). For SMB, I get a strange noop - The program starts, it visibly opens a window and full-sizes it, but the window contains an image of the desktop, so I get what seems to be nothing happening at all (an image of the desktop on top of the desktop). Also music, also has to kill with pandora button. SMC goes black and crashes - Needs Pandora+power switch. Rebirth, no strange display driver, no more than 800Mhz on the clock.

I've not tried a full reflash so far, only the "update system" thingie. Only SMB left anything useful in the pndout, however, that was complaints about not being able to create GL stuff, if I remember correctly.

Will fiddle with SGX installer to see if it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not even a black screen... the mouse cursor disappears and nothing in gui changes, but I can't interact with anything. Even pressing the Pandora button won't bring up the menu. I have let it sit like that for minutes but the only way to get any control back is to press and hold Pandora butoon until it reloads the desktop (what does that do anyway? obviously not restarting X since the other open apps come back where they left off).

I have the same kind of problems. Haven't tried with emulators, but with Super Methane Brothers, Valyria Tear, Super Maryo Chronicles and somesuch. For Valyria Tear, I get a black screen and the music, but no interaction (have to kill with pandora button). For SMB, I get a strange noop - The program starts, it visibly opens a window and full-sizes it, but the window contains an image of the desktop, so I get what seems to be nothing happening at all (an image of the desktop on top of the desktop). Also music, also has to kill with pandora button. SMC goes black and crashes - Needs Pandora+power switch. Rebirth, no strange display driver, no more than 800Mhz on the clock.

I've not tried a full reflash so far, only the "update system" thingie. Only SMB left anything useful in the pndout, however, that was complaints about not being able to create GL stuff, if I remember correctly.

Are you on Rebirth also?

What is the content of the /etc/powervr-esrev file?

I installed the SGX default driver, told it to shut down, it hung in the process of shutting down, so I pulled the battery, put it all back together, and now it is working. Thanks! :D

I had never heard of the SGX driver stuff before this update started causing oddities with it, so I am sure there will be others like me who bump into this.

I look forward to having a more standard distro on the Pyra so there aren't as many weird driver quirks to solve.

I installed the SGX default driver, told it to shut down, it hung in the process of shutting down, so I pulled the battery, put it all back together, and now it is working. Thanks! :D

I had never heard of the SGX driver stuff before this update started causing oddities with it, so I am sure there will be others like me who bump into this.

I look forward to having a more standard distro on the Pyra so there aren't as many weird driver quirks to solve.
I guess it is just the egl part of the driver that crashed. It happens sometime, and best way is to reboot your Pandora. It is not really related to the distro but the driver itself.

Are you on Rebirth also?

What is the content of the /etc/powervr-esrev file?
Yes, also on Rebirth. Now, I'll try to go up to 1.70 and so on before reporting again.

Ok, with 1.70, and a quick run through the SGX driver installer thingy to make sure it actually uses the default driver, everything works again.

Ok, with 1.70, and a quick run through the SGX driver installer thingy to make sure it actually uses the default driver, everything works again.
So does plain 1.70 just work or did it need SGX driver installer?

I don't have rebirth and can't test.

It needed the SGX driver installer. I can't remember me fiddling with the driver ever before, so my feeling is that somewhere along the way, some update trashed some small part of the driver thingy, and the driver installer fixed that back again. But apparently only on rebirth models, then :D

Back