SuperZaxxon v1.70RC released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
And here we got SuperZaxxon v1.70RC for you.
It's basically v1.62RC with bugfixes. We decided to move to 1.70 since there were MANY updates since v1.61.

Note: if you are going to install the update through "Upgrade Pandora OS", from v1.61 or lower, you need to make sure to run the update to completion. If the update fails for some reason, like Internet connection problems, please run the update again and let if finish. After it successfully finishes (but not earlier), you need to reboot as the system may be unstable until restart due to updated libs.

Here are the fixes since v1.62RC:

• UPDATE: tcl/tk and it's python bindings to 8.5.8
  • UPDATE: kernel: updated to latest stable release (3.2.64). Includes important NEON vld/vst alignment fault handling fix.
  • NEW: added fusilli-client and adb (android debug bridge) to default OS
  • FIX: udev: made USB devices accessible to main user by default, no need to edit udev rules any more
  • UPDATE: zlib to 1.2.8 (some PNDs want newer version, version checks did not work before but now they do for some reason)
  • UPDATE: pixman to 0.32 (some desktop drawing operations might be a bit faster)
  • UPDATE: wpa-supplicant: updated to 2.2
  • FIX: added missing SGX driver file for 1GHz pandoras
  • FIX: xfce4-session: fixed possible crash when using "Save session for future logins" feature
  • FIX: pnd_run: nub modes are restored on last PND exit (to deal with crashing/misbehaving PNDs)
  • UPDATE: ncurses to 5.9
  • UPDATE: less to 458
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Upgrading from a previous SuperZaxxon version (1.5x or newer):

Use the "Upgrade Pandora OS"-Version (PLEASE READ NOTE ABOVE!)
Please note:
User-Modified configs will not not be overwritten with the new version.

Be sure to backup any important data you might have in your NAND for the above reasons.
It is recommended to do a full flash in case you are encountering any issues.

Upgrade instructions using the Full-Flash-Image:

Download SuperZaxxon Final v1.70RC

Please note: Flashing the new firmware will put your unit back into a default state. All your settings and users will be lost. Of course, this does not apply to PNDs which save their stuff on the SD-Card.

To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.
Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"
It will then flash the firmware onto the NAND. After it's finished, reboot your Pandora and patiently wait until the First Boot Wizard appears on the screen.

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry.

Please let us know any issues you encounter.

This time I think I won't be too afraid to update.  Thank you very much.  The nub modes resetting on game crash fix is something I will notice.

I think I broke it.

8883663c892659f72ba777e4799619b8.jpg

Don't worry about the cracks. They were there already.

Looks like I'm missing libpam_misc.so.0?

Edit: There is also this as I boot up:

75436bc5ec7306bf9aab8ffdac2e40f8.jpg

Actually before try logging in, there seem to be another bunch of missing libraries. I'll probably just end up performing a full reflash. :)

EDIT: Fixed with a  full reflash. (Cracks are still there, though. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
@Willhelm

The wife dropped an aluminum-cased macbook on it...

@Wally

I ordered one as soon as they came in stock :)

Grabbed an aluminum case preorder along with a replacement for my wonky nub. Just now waiting for the aluminum cases to be available before switching everything out in one fell swoop! Two months is the rumor I heard!

Awesome. A full reflash fixed it. Will test drive as much as possible later tonight.

What happened to the the new xfce4 theme introduced in 1.62?  I noticed that, after 1.70RC full reflash, the theme is now back to pre 1.62.  Not important, just curious.

A few days ago I upgraded to this firmware, and now I find nm-applet refusing to start up due to missing icons:

WARNING **: Icon nm-device-wwan missing: Icon 'nm-device-wwan' not present in theme
This is associated with a dialog saying that as it can't find some resources, it cannot continue.

Sounds like with the above comment, XFCE4 theming is broken (I tried a few others aside from the default cadmium one, no difference).

In the wizard, the 1000MHz/1GHz setting is at OPP4, shouldn't it be OPP3 ?

Back