SuperZaxxon v1.52 released!

Does this still have the option of booting with an old kernel?

As an SD install user, knowing that some manual twiddling is still necessary to set up an SD version, are the locations of the kernels the same as with previous Super Zaxxon releases? Nothing new anyone attempting to create an SD with it should know about?

Does this still have the option of booting with an old kernel?

Sure, but only on non-1GHz units.

As an SD install user, knowing that some manual twiddling is still necessary to set up an SD version, are the locations of the kernels the same as with previous Super Zaxxon releases? Nothing new anyone attempting to create an SD with it should know about?

The updater in the repo should work with your SD Installation as well.

Is this the update that was needed for the next version of PCSX ?
Yup, but PCSX itself is not ready yet (still doing the asm code).

BTW, what will ARM hugetlb brings to us ?
Performance improvements in some specific cases, will be used by next PCSX release.

No changes from 1.51; you can also try the updater .pnd .

I've set up an alternative download location for the new firmware, NAND and SD:

http://openpandora.f...enpandora/temp/

md5sums:

cd830b3df34c5c0d7c96c2be87046d17 SuperZaxxonFinal-1.52.zip

44e3df1ae4ba9a3a1d5f405c65425db6 pandora-rootfs-SZFINAL-1.52.tar.bz2

Sry for the ads banner, it's my provider who forces that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, does this fix the issue with the right NUB not working correctly?

Edit: I have just tested and no, sadly it does not :(

I had to send my 1GHz to E-D to have the left nub replaced because of similar symptoms.

It is probably a physical nub problem.

The problem with mice an keyboards and stuff (don't know about USB speakers/soundcards) usually is that they are USB 1.1, whilst the USB chip in the pandora is strictly USB 2.0 only. This cannot be solved by software (that is, more drivers). To be able to use USB 1.1 gear, get a USB 2.0 compliant hub and connect that inbetween the pandora and the mouse/keyboard/whatever.

...or use the USB OTG port with a suitable adapter. For just connecting a mouse "on the go", this solution is less clumsy.

I know there have been guides on getting TV working on the Pandora but are there any pnds with channel scanning tools rather than installing to the nand?

AFAIK VLC has no scanning tool, it needs a channel list generated by an external program. I'm actually using it to watch TV on WinXP with a channel list I generated under Linux.

I have TV working fine on my Slackware 13.37 desktop PC with Kaffiene but I can't find where it stores it's channel settings file, probably will just have to generate one using another command.

Back