SuperZaxxon v1.62RC released!

The update after installing the codec pack seems to have removed both. Perhaps some recommend of mplayer missing?

The CC model I have started behaving oddly.

I doesn't wanted to boot properly anymore.

Booting in command line only (which seems to more or less works), it seems like many libs are missing, I can't even activate integrated Wifi...

I tried to update with latest firmware (1.62RC) but I got :

reading boot.scr

5136008 bytes read
## Executing script at 82000000
Wrong image format for "source" command
script failed

*EDIT* I just restarted once more, and it work this time?!!! That's weird (I rebooted many time before, even after a long period without the battery pluged)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Notaz,I noticed than when I did the OS upgrade after the full reflash, it pulled many new versions of system libraries from the repository. Can't they be included in the full flash image instead?

I tried to update with latest firmware (1.62RC) but I got :

reading boot.scr

5136008 bytes read
## Executing script at 82000000
Wrong image format for "source" command
script failed

*EDIT* I just restarted once more, and it work this time?!!! That's weird (I rebooted many time before, even after a long period without the battery pluged)...
It's failing to read the data from SD card reliably, so it's either u-boot not liking your card, something with card itself or a problem with your SD card slot.

Notaz,I noticed than when I did the OS upgrade after the full reflash, it pulled many new versions of system libraries from the repository. Can't they be included in the full flash image instead?
Not right now, the OS build is broken, have to fix it first.

I had some issues with my OS. PND store didn't work. forgot a password. etc., and reinstalled the Pandora with this firmware. 

Looks great. Better graphix look. Very happy with it. THANKS NOTAZ. great job

Or did you mean "deleting the keyring" is running the above commands?
Yes, that's what I meant. If it's of any help, the .gnome2 folder stays empty and the key field is empty after manually editing the connection and then reopening the dialog.

It's only a minor inconvenience since I can type my key fairly fast from memory on the Pandora, but it used to work, so it would be nice if there was a way to fix it (I'd like to avoid reflashing just for that, though).

I'm getting the same problem with NetworkManager not remembering passwords. Has anyone had success fixing this? (I've only had my device for a week or so, it's not like I'd lose anything if I need to reflash) :)

I'm getting the same problem with NetworkManager not remembering passwords. Has anyone had success fixing this? (I've only had my device for a week or so, it's not like I'd lose anything if I need to reflash) :)
Same here..

..i thought it was my fault and i made something wrong with my little Experiments and must reflash soon  :)  

Update:

Reflashed,reupdated and my broken believed Touchscreen is working again????

Nice Side Effect ^_^

My Nubs seem to work better and

the Wlan Key is now saved too and i must not reenter it after every Restart.

I recommend to reflash and Update then ^_^

Very goot work ,thhhxxxx ;)

(Ghz Pandora)

I first did the upgrade, but couldn't get autologin working again, and I wasn't seeing any visual changes to the desktop despite several people mentioning it. The big problem, though, is that none of my emulators were working despite several people marking those OK in the ptitseb thread.

I tried running from cli so I could see any errors, but there were none. When the app tries to start, the mouse disappears, but the gui never shows. Eventually, I have to give up and press and hold the Pandora button to kill it. After a few tries of this, though, X would get really slow and I would have to reboot to get back to normal. I tried in MiniMenu and got basically the same behavior but with worse after effects.

I am in the middle of Fire Emblem 4 for SNES and am jonesing to get back to it, so I reflashed and ran the updates. Now I am seeing the changes to the desktop theme and everything seems fine, but emulators still fail to switch the screen to their gui.

Any ideas?

I first did the upgrade, but couldn't get autologin working again, and I wasn't seeing any visual changes to the desktop despite several people mentioning it. The big problem, though, is that none of my emulators were working despite several people marking those OK in the ptitseb thread.

I tried running from cli so I could see any errors, but there were none. When the app tries to start, the mouse disappears, but the gui never shows. Eventually, I have to give up and press and hold the Pandora button to kill it. After a few tries of this, though, X would get really slow and I would have to reboot to get back to normal. I tried in MiniMenu and got basically the same behavior but with worse after effects.

I am in the middle of Fire Emblem 4 for SNES and am jonesing to get back to it, so I reflashed and ran the updates. Now I am seeing the changes to the desktop theme and everything seems fine, but emulators still fail to switch the screen to their gui.

Any ideas?
Which version are you using? snes9x.emu I guess, but is it the 1.43 or 1.5x engine.

Also, can you take a look at the /tmp/pndrun_snes9x.out (not sure of the name).

Also, if you are using a Gigahertz model, can you try to install driver 4.03.00.02 using SGX driver PND and try again, just in case.

Which version are you using? snes9x.emu I guess, but is it the 1.43 or 1.5x engine.

Also, if you are using a Gigahertz model, can you try to install driver 4.03.00.02 using SGX driver PND and try again, just in case.
I am using 9x+ because the non plus version never seemed to work for me in the past. I just checked and it is 1.5.19. I did try running the other one with the same results, then tried MD.emu as well as GB and GBA.

Here's the output:

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/PandoraMain/pandora/menu/com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/PandoraMain/pandora/appdata/com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus
APPDD_FSTYPE    : ext2
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : s9xp
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/PandoraMain/pandora/appdata/com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( s9xp  ) ----------
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 522:  3698 Terminated              "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( s9xp  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2

I am using 9x+ because the non plus version never seemed to work for me in the past. I just checked and it is 1.5.19. I did try running the other one with the same results, then tried MD.emu as well as GB and GBA.
It is not my release, but the official one (the made by the autor of the .emu series). Mine is a bit older (1.5.15) but I have plan to update to 1.5.20, but it's not done yet.

Anyway, not much inside the log. I propose you try with mine, just to check (sorry for the downgrade).

All this time I failed to notice there were 2 versions of these emulators. :/

Anyway, I got the same result with yours. Here's the output after I killed it with the Pandora button:

Code:
PND             : /media/PandoraMain/pandora/menu/snes9xex_ptitseb.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/PandoraMain/pandora/appdata/snes9xex
APPDD_FSTYPE    : ext2
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/snes9xex"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/PandoraMain/pandora/appdata/snes9xex=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/snes9xex=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/snes9xex"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/snes9xex:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/snes9xex/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
mkdir home
./runscript.sh: line 49:  4620 Terminated              ./s9xp $@
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/snes9xex': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 1

You need to kill it? Why is that? You get just a black screen?

I'll try to test tonight, strange.

You didn't told the model of Pandora you are using?

Not even a black screen... the mouse cursor disappears and nothing in gui changes, but I can't interact with anything. Even pressing the Pandora button won't bring up the menu. I have let it sit like that for minutes but the only way to get any control back is to press and hold Pandora butoon until it reloads the desktop (what does that do anyway? obviously not restarting X since the other open apps come back where they left off).

This is on a Rebirth with no overclocking enabled.

Maybe the Error is on other Side.

Have you TV Out Activated?

Snes9x with Picklelauncher is not TV Out Combatible

and that result ever in a Black Screen or Errors.

Not even a black screen... the mouse cursor disappears and nothing in gui changes, but I can't interact with anything. Even pressing the Pandora button won't bring up the menu. I have let it sit like that for minutes but the only way to get any control back is to press and hold Pandora butoon until it reloads the desktop (what does that do anyway? obviously not restarting X since the other open apps come back where they left off).

This is on a Rebirth with no overclocking enabled.
Just tested on my Gigahertz and on my CC (well, Alex's one) and it's working on both (there are both on 1.62+ firmware).

So, I think issue is on your side. First restart your Pandora and try again (looks like the 3D stack is crashed). If's not enough, try the SGX Driver PND and install the Default driver, then try again.

If nothing work, try some other 3D game/Emu and see if they work (Jedi Knight, some Quake game, F1 Spirit, anyone that is 3D accelerated).

Back