SuperZaxxon v1.54 RC released

Yes, my 1GHz was updated from 1.53, not my CC.

I'm 200% sure i never see the led on when my card doesn't work. I'll reflash my 1GHz unit soon and report.

Just curious, and not so off topic, i just saw this on the Slackware ARM change log for -current (development version):

l/glibc-2.17-arm-3.tgz: Rebuilt.
Minimum kernel is now Linux 3.4.0.
Should i cry or some of the kernel backports will help there ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of LEDs...  prior to SuperZaxxon there was a secondary trigger on the Bluetooth LED to flash on activity.   Is there any way to get this working again?

- Neelix

*** BUMP ***

My upgrade.log has an error:

Collected errors:

* check_data_file_clashes: Package pandora-scripts wants to install file /usr/pandora/scripts/op_menu.sh

But that file is already provided by package * check_data_file_clashes: openbox

This apparently causes that the LED setting entry in the menu is missing now.

Can this please be fixed?

Thanks

I've updated my very old Pandora firmware (Zaxxon Hotfix 6 if I'm not mistaken) to Super Zaxxon 1.54 RC and experience some problems. I used the SuperZaxxon boot upgrade method and after that executed 'Upgrade Pandora OS'.

E.g. when I boot into minimenu then switch to XFCE4 and then try to start PNDstore I get the following result with error in slim.log:

/usr/bin/xauth:  creating new authority file /var/run/slim.auth

slim: waiting for X server to begin accepting connections
X.Org X Server 1.7.4
Release Date: 2010-01-08
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 x86_64
Current Operating System: Linux lambertus-openpandora 3.2.39 #834 Sun Mar 17 16:53:15 EET 2013 armv7l
Kernel command line: ubi.mtd=4 ubi.mtd=3 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs rw rootflags=bulk_read vram=6272K omapfb.vram=0:3000K mmc_core.removable=0 quiet
Build Date: 26 June 2010  01:40:28PM

Current version of pixman: 0.17.12
    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Mon Mar 18 09:11:04 2013
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
xf86TslibControlProc
xf86TslibControlProc
/usr/bin/xauth:  creating new authority file /home/lambertus/.Xauthority
stdin: is not a tty
cat: /tmp/nocleanwarn: No such file or directory
pndnotifyd(1890): Operation not permitted
/home/lambertus/.xinitrc: line 90: [: =: unary operator expected
pndnotifyd: no process killed
mmwrapper 1 0    mmwrapper built Mar 14 2013 05:51:52
mmwrapper 1 0    log level starting as 1
mmwrapper 1 0    Frontend is /usr/bin/mmenu
Terminated
/usr/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0.0
_IceTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.ICE-unix will not be created.
xfdesktop[2326]: starting up
(xfce4-mixer-plugin:2352): xfce4-mixer-plugin-DEBUG: mixer_plugin->track_label = 'Master'

** (xfce4-session:2235): WARNING **: Unable to launch "/usr/libexec/xfce4/xfconf-migration/xfconf-migration-4.6.pl" (specified by autostart/xfconf-migration-4.6.desktop): Failed to execute child process "/usr/libexec/xfce4/xfconf-migration/xfconf-migration-4.6.pl" (No such file or directory)
Found plugin 'tvout.so'
Found plugin 'usbhost.so'
Found plugin 'usbmass.so'
Found plugin 'wifi.so'
Found plugin 'cpuspeed.so'
Found plugin 'bluetooth.so'
Bluetooth: User has not enabled Bluetooth.
(Terminal:2396): Terminal-DEBUG: D-Bus reply error: Name "org.xfce.Terminal4" does not exist (terminal-error-quark: 4)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/PNDstore", line 6, in <module>
    from pndstore_core import options
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pndstore_core/options.py", line 7, in <module>
    import libpnd
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pndstore_core/libpnd.py", line 264, in <module>
    pxml_get_associationitem1_parameter = p.pnd_pxml_get_associationitem1_parameter
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 366, in __getattr__
    func = self.__getitem__(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 371, in __getitem__
    func = self._FuncPtr((name_or_ordinal, self))
AttributeError: /usr/lib/libpnd.so.1: undefined symbol: pnd_pxml_get_associationitem1_parameter
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/PNDstore", line 6, in <module>
    from pndstore_core import options
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pndstore_core/options.py", line 7, in <module>
    import libpnd
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pndstore_core/libpnd.py", line 264, in <module>
    pxml_get_associationitem1_parameter = p.pnd_pxml_get_associationitem1_parameter
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 366, in __getattr__
    func = self.__getitem__(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 371, in __getitem__
    func = self._FuncPtr((name_or_ordinal, self))
AttributeError: /usr/lib/libpnd.so.1: undefined symbol: pnd_pxml_get_associationitem1_parameter

It appears to be a different error from the one reported earlier in this thread.

I believe you needed at least some flavor of Super Zaxxon (1.50?) to use that Super Zaxxon boot upgrade, You need to do a full firmware re-flash if you are going from Zaxxon to Super Zaxxon..

I have another bug to report. For some reason, my WiFi Dongle is still receiving power when still connected after disabling USB Host. Disconnecting and reconnecting it then causes its led to not be lit up.

My USB Wifi Dongle (which is has the rtl8192cu chipset) doesn't work anymore when I upgraded to it. Also, the charging LED didn't come one when my Pandora was turned on via an AC Adapter.
So, what about the second issue I mentioned? 

The dongle can't be powered down because of board design, and LED will hopefully be fixed with next kernel update.

The dongle can't be powered down because of board design
Are you REALLY sure ?!

I've seen a command posted in the forum to turn off USB power supply even with USB host active... If I remember correctly was posted on a thread regarding "Multi-Pandora compiling"...

EDIT: I can't find it... but I remember that someone connected 2 Pandoras with USB to use both processors to compile, and complain that one of them was charging the other... so someone gave the command to turn off the USB supply and seemed working

You can instruct the receiving pandora to stop charging (sucking power), but not the "donor" to stop giving it.

Oh, good to know, anyway I just can't stop lolling thinking about your explanation... in an different context... :lol:

Issue, maybe not new, but I noticed it only now:

The default TV-Out profile "Composite PAL (Main)"  selects, when activated, S-Video and not Composite mode.

Also, the TV-Out settings "PAL Main Layer" (and possibly others, not tested) in the Configbutton applet uses S-Video and not Composite.

I don't know, if that's intended. I assume Composite cables and TVs will be more common than S-Video ones, so maybe the default should be changed to Composite mode here.

Also, it doesn't make much sense to have PAL and NTCS settings in parallel in the configbutton applet, as most users will most probably only use PAL or NTSC, but not change between both. Would be great, if the user could choose, if he wants to use PAL or NTCS settings in there, or even better: Mirror the TV-Out Configuration dialog's profiles in the configbutton applet instead of giving the applet own presets.

No time to test the new version but I may remember onto an old and annoying bug from within the MiniMenu.

If you enable that the last selected pnd stays selected and somehow you delete this link or pnd (or just hide the link over minimenu options) , MiniMenu crashes when loading and end up in an infinite loop. So there is no failsave for this case. I only was able to solve it when I manualy changed options in the config file.

Same for incompatible (old) skinsets. No failsave there, if they do not work, MiniMenu ends up in an infinite loop and can't be loaded anymore. I would like to see some more failsave options in these cases.

Back