SuperZaxxon v1.62RC released!

First time I ran Upgrade Pandora OS, it failed early on after checking for updates (but it always does). Second time, upgrades happened but during the process I got a corrupted message box with the title "Missing resources" and a load of boxes in place of text, even on the Ok/Cancel buttons. Didn't stop the rest of the installation though, which continued in the background.

Edit: Nope, it froze the update in "updating gstreamer" - I waited for half an hour and then had to reboot with pandora+power as everything was frozen. Now it fails to boot, with a complete lockup at the "Please login" screen. Looks like I'll have to reflash :(
IIRC your wifi is pretty much non-working? Not a good idea to run an and update through Internet when there is no Internet, I suggest you get some cheap wifi stick.
Not non-working, just slow. PNDManager runs and updates PNDs just fine. Bit of a ball-ache having to reflash and then set up the desktop again :(

D.

Ok, reflash isn't working. I get "Reading boot.scr" and then some gumph before the screen clears with "Starting kernel" - this is with two attempts to download the .zip from the first page and extract to two different SD Cards :(

After that, I just get a black screen with no change after 20 mins.

Looks like my Panda's hosed!

D.

And to bring this sorry saga to a close, Notaz managed to direct me to fixing the pandora - removing the battery for 10 mins got it to boot into a full reflash. Just had to remove all the crapware from the desktop (why is this not an option yet?) and we're good to update about 1.5Gb of PND files :)

Panic over!

D.

it seems svg's do not work anymore, however, there are more than enough xpm's to switch to. Also, most xpm's are a little smaller, so some icons now seem smaller.

As for the system: rockstable. (at least most of my fav. apps just work.)

/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-*.so  only png xpm gif and jpg are there, svg is missing.... hmm.. before the upgrade it was not there either... but it worked somehow...
I believe this is now fixed with latest update, could you check?

I have a big problem, I think. As an Openbox user, I always switch to Openbox after my Pandora starts up. With this new firmware update, switching to Openbox is fine. The issue is after working in Openbox, I restart and can not log back into the machine. It keeps asking me to enter my username and password even though I input these info correctly. Reflashed the unit and installed Openbox again, switched to Openbox, restarted the machine, same thing again.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it resumes from suspend, filesystem ubi0 is mounted read only and many program won't work properly.

Here is my ´mount´ output:

Code:
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,relatime,bulk_read)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=221920k,nr_inodes=55480,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /mnt/.splash type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=40k)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=777)
tmpfs on /media/ram type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
ubi1:boot on /boot type ubifs (rw,relatime)

I just upgraded with the Pandora System Update, and at the end it have shown me the information that some config files were not updated, and another info that the log file has been saved in /tmp/update.log. So I rebooted and wanted to deal with the config files, but there is no file update.log in the /tmp. There is no update.log file anywhere. Is there a way I can find out what config files were retained during installation?

I just upgraded with the Pandora System Update, and at the end it have shown me the information that some config files were not updated, and another info that the log file has been saved in /tmp/update.log. So I rebooted and wanted to deal with the config files, but there is no file update.log in the /tmp. There is no update.log file anywhere. Is there a way I can find out what config files were retained during installation?
everything in tmp is lost after a reboot (hence the name).

Anyone else that has problems with the mass storage mode after the update ? The update seemed to went fine (could not see any error messages in the log), but after the reboot I'm not able to get my SD-Cards recognized by Windows 8 (can't use a Linux machine right now as I'm at work) if I put the Pandora in mass storage mode (neither SD-Card works).
It also looks like NetworkManager forgets my WPA2 Password - after the first reboot after the upgrade I just thought the settings of NM were just erased, but after another reboot NM asked me for my WLAN password again, need to investigate further.
Update was made from 1.61 utilizing the Upgrade OS feature in the menu

Edit: Nevermind, Mass storage mode works again after completly shutting her down.

Thanks for the hard work of this update. Working fine so far.

I'd like to nominate e2fsprogs-tune2fs for inclusion in the default firmware, because of general tune2fs and e2label usefulness when working with ext formatted cards and loop back files and could sometimes be used for answering questions on the board.

The sqlite3 command line is also something I use quite often (because a lot of applications use sqlite3 storage, e.g. firefox), but its probably not generally useful.

I'd like to nominate e2fsprogs-tune2fs for inclusion in the default firmware, because of general tune2fs and e2label usefulness when working with ext formatted cards and loop back files and could sometimes be used for answering questions on the board.
Until done, you can mount the gparted PND and use them from there

I did just install it, but thanks for the hint.

Found a minor problem: mplayer is missing a dependency on libxss1. Fails to start without it.

Am also wondering whether I did install mplayer manually last time, too. I thought it came with the codec pack. But I'm probably misremembering.

Back