SuperZaxxon v1.52 released!

Just updated my 1Ghz pandora with the pnd updater. Any idea why now I can only set cpu speed up to 800Mhz?. On 1.51 Fw I was able to set up to 1.1Ghz.

Check in Settings -> CPU-settings -> Set the maximum allowed MHz.

You may also check the max OPP setting.

2vaxmr5.jpg

weeeee DVB-T box working on my pandora..

of course it is rather high drain.

My Pandora battery claims to be 52% and estimated 1 hour 37 remaining.

AFAIK VLC has no scanning tool, it needs a channel list generated by an external program. I'm actually using it to watch TV on WinXP with a channel list I generated under Linux.

I've had success in the past getting VLC and a USB DVB-T tuner working on the Pandora.. but haven't tried it in a while...

Although we may not need some of the steps I took anymore.. most likely still need to generate the channel list the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy B.Day, ED. :)

I've just updated the Firmware and it seems to work flawless. Updated straight from Super Zaxxon Stock (1.50) because I never had the 1.51 installed. ^^ Updater did it's job and I really welcome the nptdate and the little Sync option in the Time/Date settings. ^^

And somehow the "Ballon Tips" at Pandora Desktop are finaly working on my Pandora. Annoying on the PC but useful on the Pandora imho. :D

PCSX keeps losing controls, anyone else getting this after updating?

Happy Birthday ED. :)

Happy Birthday ED. I hope you're doing something nice for the occasion.

Now... need to update my Pandora :)

The script has 800 as default, and update has reverted to defaults. I guess it's up to ED to change that..

Hmm, not really possible as we both got OMAP and DM3730 units using the same firmware.

However, I've seen with an opkg upgrade that some packages don't overwrite custom made settings... so I need to check how this works with Angstrom recipes.

It should not overwrite the config file if it exists.

Thanks guys for explaining the problem with the USB and helping me with adapters and hubs and so on :D , also Happy Birthday ED!

I used the updater on my SD card install and it broke my world. I can no longer launch PNDs. The .out files report that squashfs is and unknown filesystem type. I think the kernel failed to install properly. I'm working on bringing it back from this living death.

Edit: I downloaded http://openpandora.org/firmware/images/bootf.tgz and extracted it to the boot partition of my SD card. After doing that I was once again able to launch PND files using my SD Install.

worked for me (on NAND). Thanks notaz, ED and everyone. :)

I used the updater on my SD card install and it broke my world. I can no longer launch PNDs. The .out files report that squashfs is and unknown filesystem type. I think the kernel failed to install properly. I'm working on bringing it back from this living death.
Try:

sudo depmod -ae

Ignore the warnings.

A few comments. WOW. I mean WOW. This is the best update yet. Freaking smooth and the updater is fantastic. You all are first class and have brought the Pandora to a whole new level since it's first release.

This update fixed my wifi. My wifi is running smoothly and I am connecting now without issues with the on board wifi hardware. WOOOT! Previous Super Zax gave me headaches from time to time.

With the previous Super Zax I was able to upgrade my pandora (Silver) to 1,000 Ghz but since the update now I get errors until I drop to 996... Processor degrading slightly? No big deal but I did find it interesting.

Again awesome work!!

Back