So, what's the current status of everything?

A year sometimes has 365 days, and other times 366 (really the number of days in a year isn't integer), so it is impossible to apply the same days for all months.
It is possible but some days will just have to fall outside of the regular months. It's not perfect but perfect is impossible and it's much better than having months of random duration like the Gregorian calendar has because every month is equal and the "year day" and "leap day" can just be made holidays. Also, with equal months weeks can properly fit into months. E.g. every month could start on a Monday and end on a a Sunday. It would also make bookkeeping easier.

Equinox are in March and September. Equinox is where time and day are the same length.

Solstice are in December and June. Solstice is where time is longer and shorter.
My bad. I thought that I had typed "solstice" there. I was being careless and accidentally mixed up words.

It is possible but some days will just have to fall outside of the regular months. It's not perfect but perfect is impossible and it's much better than having months of random duration like the Gregorian calendar has because every month is equal and the "year day" and "leap day" can just be made holidays. Also, with equal months weeks can properly fit into months. E.g. every month could start on a Monday and end on a a Sunday. It would also make bookkeeping easier.

International Fixed Calendar is really nice, but it has no chances (it has even less than constructed languages for international use).

Really it is very easy to understand/remember actual calendar format, so there is no need to change it. Even, if you change it. it would be really crazy ans costly: when you use it you must have all modified. Have you though all code would need to be changed? Plus code you can't change?

For example, my venerable HP-48 series calculators have clock/calendar and date functions, and I would lost it :D (Just joking, but I love that machine, and I use actually).

A constructed international auxiliary language (like Lojban) can be introduced as one more language: you don't need to speak it that day, and if pushed it would get more and more int' use over time (at some time it could be studied like 2nd language in schools), even some people won't be interested in international language (they don't need it as they don't need to communicate internationally). And that have near zero chances. Int' fixed calendar has less chances of being adopted, but much higher cost than int' aux language, while you gain too little with calendar change.

With Lojban we would gain a lot of: regular but powerful int language, clear rules, exact pronunciation, regulated, neutral and equal for all (no one is native speaker on it). We'd gain much more than with new regular calendar, but it has no chances.

With Lojban we would gain a lot of: regular but powerful int language, clear rules, exact pronunciation, regulated, neutral and equal for all (no one is native speaker on it).
I wonder if that would work or if the language would just (d)evolve like all natural languages do with slang and such causing the language to lose it's advantages.

The problem is that if you are not English native or you are without enough deep knowledge/use, it may be you don't see/appreciate/enjoy that English wordplay. Humorous/ironic/etc text can be more difficult to understand than normal content.

You have a point there, but on the other hand: How else would you learn to understand those finesses of the English language? For me starting to read the Discworld books in English marked the point where I read/watched/listened to more and more original content and I'm pretty sure my English wouldn't be half as good as it is now if I hadn't done that. And it gave me a reason to read the books several times, each time discovering some new jokes I missed before.

I have to admit: I allready red the books in German (as normal Paperbacks), some years ago, so i dotnt think it will be that divicult, and i think i will not buy all of the books first, i now have Guard Guards on the Kindle, when this works out for me, fine, , if not, not wherry big loss.. 7 or 9 €..

I have also some other English Books on the Kindle, but these i got from Projekt Guttenberg, like Moby Dick, or Dracula, ditnt start to read these yet, as i have still enought of German Books to Read first, but i think these are much more divicult then the Pratschett Books..

I really love Lovecraft's or Poe's use of English, but wouldn't recommend them as a learning aid. However, I think anything that grabs your interest and pulls you back again and again is good practice.

It may sound silly, but reading out loud really helps too.

I use to read even on the "Waiting Snake" on the Super Marked Counter, so reading out loud isnt eveythime a good idea..

And my Speaking English isnt that bad, just my Writing English..

I can remember to make a Sells Speak whit a US Army Man some yeahrs ago

I really love Lovecraft's or Poe's use of English, but wouldn't recommend them as a learning aid. However, I think anything that grabs your interest and pulls you back again and again is good practice.

Totally agree :)

It may sound silly, but reading out loud really helps too.

The problem with English is that you can't read out loud from a text if you don't know that language enough (spoken language): as you know English is written in a way and spoken in other, i.e.: if you see a new written word, you don't know how you must pronounce it. For each word you must learn how it is written (easy) and how it is pronounced (not easy, as you'd need to understand and mimic complex phonetic symbols in a dictionary or listening good sources).

In other languages, for example Spanish, when you see a written word you know exactly how it must be pronounced without doubt, even if you never saw that word before. For me this is the worst part of English: no good correlation between written words and phonemes, so you need to memorize written+pronunciation for each word.

Last edited:
I wonder if that would work or if the language would just (d)evolve like all natural languages do with slang and such causing the language to lose it's advantages.

As it is a constructed language, definition can be made by a official standard, and only official organization can evolve it. It is the opposite from natural languages. On other side who learn it, would do it with official standards.

One of the problem with natural languages is that they evolve differently in different places and, over time they got different languages. For example Romance languages derived from a common language and they got very differently over time. In a constructed language defined/evovled only by a int' standard organization and with modern communicate capabilities (global connected village) I don't see the problem natural languages face.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah those are (most likely, haven't read them myself) rather old English which can be much more difficult to get into

That is another problem: English changed too much over centuries.

A Spanish speaker can get original Don Quixote (Don Quijote) from 1605 and he can read and understand it without problem. But if you do the same with old English text it can be difficult or near impossible to understand even for native speakers.

Last edited:
So, what's the current status of everything?

My Status is fine, im now watching a bit „the walking death“ on Netflix, and play a bit Witcher 3 on Switch Lite..
I am Happy that there are only a couple of weeks left this year, then counting the inventory, enjoy my Winter Vacations, and hope there will be exiting news about the Pyra in January

Sometimes Death takes a bike, too. See the documentary "Good Omens" for more details (Pratchett again, yey !)

Its the new Terry Pratchett Mashup Show on Netflix, Sam Vimes, DEATH, and Rincewind gotten teleport to a Postapocalyptic America, where they have to fight against Zombies and Bad English..

No, sadly its just the Show whit the EX Cop Rick, his anoying Son Caaaarrrrlll !!!, the coolest Samurai Swort Swinging Black Lady in a Zombie Show Michonne, and others..

But its teaches you somethimes how to not to behave in a Zombie Apocalypse..

I wonder if i be done whit this Show when the Pyra arives,

By the Way:

Will Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney + work on the Pyra??

My English went understandable after i got addicted to IRC.
Reading or hearing wont help you the slightest with learning a language, you need to actually use it for communication.

matzesu schwing deinen Hintern ins IRC Land!

As it is a constructed language, definition can be made by a official standard, and only official organization can evolve it. It is the opposite from natural languages. On other side who learn it, would do it with official standards.

A language which only governmental or similar organizations can regulate? Clearly a red flag from an adoption perspective. It is a too tempting way into really ugly totalitarian regime.

One of the problem with natural languages is that they evolve differently in different places and, over time they got different languages. For example Romance languages derived from a common language and they got very differently over time. In a constructed language defined/evovled only by a int' standard organization and with modern communicate capabilities (global connected village) I don't see the problem natural languages face.

Unless there is a brutal totalitarian force behind enforcing the regulations and controlled development of the language, the natural evolution can still happen, regardless of the regulation. My native language is supposed to be governed by some kind of "scientific" institute, yet the institute basically codifies what the people do with the language (or, more precisely, how speak the people in the country's capital).

Enforcing a regulations on people's native language is annoyance. An attempt to enforce a construed language foreign to the native language might be viewed by many as a reason to active (eventually even military) resistance.

Last edited:
Troll/Joking aside, it would be nice if EvilDragon take 1 minute to fall around here and drop at least a one line update. Something like "Working on it!" or "Had no time to work on prototypes because of life". Anything is welcome and I think it is not an absurd/bad petition.

Back