Pocketsnes Version 3

mapped like normal snes control after you choose swapped in snes options

snes_controller.jpg

If you don't know what the SNES controller looks like ;)

(and there's 2 triggers on the top)

Sir Reesy strikes again. Well done mate.

Bug report:
The FPS counter is still sticking. I was simply playing games and using the save states, but after a while the counter was stuck again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, there does seem to be an improvement.

I get 20 FPS in general - clocked to 250 FS1

Could some one post their FPS and stats?

Also, mario all stars has a garbled screen when you go to the menu. Coud someone confirm that this is the emulator and not the rom I am using?

nice

running at 60 fps for me.

SNES Options:

Sound: ON
Sound Rate: 44100
Volume: 100
Cpu Speed: 250
Frameskip: AUTO
Action Buttons: Swapped
Show FPS: ON
Brightness: 0
Transparencies: ON
Render Mode: Unscaled

Varying results of speed & FPS can also depend on whether people have Transparencies on (turn them off unless they're needed) and the sound quality (I leave mine at 8khz).

Make sure your settings are right to achieve the maximum benefit.

After reading through this, I thought I'd mention that Super Mario RPG still doesn't work. I know this is incredibly difficult to emulate, but has it been accepted that it'll never work.

Please don't read the above as a critism, it really is an incredible job, and FF6 can now be played with sound which is awesome.

Well there are open source emulators that can emulate super mario rpg just fine! So obviously it can be implemented in this emulator as well (either ripping code, or creating new code based on existing code)

The only question is ofcourse: will it require more CPU power then the GP2X can handle? I don't know if the chip inside the super mario RPG cartridge is just difficult to emulator, or that you also need a lot of speed to do it.

Did anyone mention that Zelda is running beautifully now?
Actually it may be running *too* well. I forgot I was playing it on an emulator and went to the ingame save then turned the power off :(

Wee question, are the saves states likely to change any time soon, or is it safe to start a few RPG's and not worry about having to stay on early releases.

You should be safe to use the save states as I'm not planning on changing them...ever. But if I do I'll do my best to make any new versions backwards compatible.

I have another question about savestates. I have fw2.0.0 and I was playing Super Metroid and I saved a state in slot 0 and then came back and loaded it up later without a problem. I then tried to save to slot 1 and when I went back to load it up it wasn't there. I then tried to overwrite slot 0 later and it didn't save because it was my old save point when I went back.

EDIT: Ok, I tried it again by saving a state in slot 1 and then I exited the savestate menu and then gracefully exited the emu and when I went back it was there and loaded fine. I SWEAR I didn't choose the wrong menu item before (like delete slot or something dumb like that).

I had another weird problem with the cps2 emu where my earbuds have the stereo reversed, but it's not reversed in my other pair of headphones. I swear to you folks I'm not making this up. I can't understand how that could be unless I have some earbuds not wired up correctly.

I have another question about savestates. I have fw2.0.0 and I was playing Super Metroid and I saved a state in slot 0 and then came back and loaded it up later without a problem. I then tried to save to slot 1 and when I went back to load it up it wasn't there. I then tried to overwrite slot 0 later and it didn't save because it was my old save point when I went back.

EDIT: Ok, I tried it again by saving a state in slot 1 and then I exited the savestate menu and then gracefully exited the emu and when I went back it was there and loaded fine. I SWEAR I didn't choose the wrong menu item before (like delete slot or something dumb like that).

I had another weird problem with the cps2 emu where my earbuds have the stereo reversed, but it's not reversed in my other pair of headphones. I swear to you folks I'm not making this up. I can't understand how that could be unless I have some earbuds not wired up correctly.
SNES: If I am not mistaken, I remember reading that save states are commited once you exit the menu, not sure though, check this out.
CPS2: Did you try both headphones with the same ROM? if it is working correcly for one set and reversed for the other, a good possibility that your headset is broken/not wired correctly. best way to check this out to plug the one you suspect into your desktop and use some player that supports the control of both left and right channels, and if you are using windows, you can change the balance from the volume settings (the speaker icon that is located by default in the bottom right corner of your task bar).

After 6 hour on this EMU, I can say .. ! GREAT JOB... It's so much perfect !

Thanks you Reesy !

Paxl13

Does anyone else notice that the sound will change like it is panning right or left between the two speakers? It seems some emus do this for some reason, this is not the only one. Does anyone know the cause?

I gave this major go's during my daily train rides, and there are two problems that constantly occur:

1. Every 5 or so minutes, the emulator hangs for a second, then goes back to normal.

2. When turning sound off, the emulator freezes after about 10 minutes of play.

Other than these, DrPocketSnes is absolutely perfect for me, what more than fullspeed F-zero could a guy want? :)

- Alex

Back