Pocketsnes Version 3

Reesy

Certified Guru
Website
reesy.gp32x.de
Another version which has the following changes.

Scaled display mode added.
44K sound mode added.
Super FX support added - very very buggy and slow
- if you try starfox make sure you press the start button straight away in order to get into the menu.

I've attempted to fix the problem where the FPS monitor sticks, I think I've fixed it but if you get any more problems please let me know and I'll look at it again.[cut]

Downloads
http://reesy.gp32x.de/GP2X/PocketSnes_v3.zip
http://reesy.gp32x.de/GP2X/PocketSnes_v3_src.zip

Credits go to:
Snes9x team - for creating the original Snes9x emulator from which squidgeSnes and PocketSnes are based.
Notaz - ASM sound core and lots and lots of other fixes
Squidge - PocketSnes uses alot of code from Squidgesnes, basically its Squidgesnes with the rendering code from PocketSnes.
Rlyeh - The SDK I use is based largely on the minimal lib created by Rlyeh.
Reesy - Menu system

Later
Reesy[/cut]

OMFG! You sir rock well and true ... again, I thank you for all your work!

Reesy - Menu system

I love seeing the Dr menu in another emulator! Will not make a bad emulator good, but sure makes a good one great.
I've just played with version 2, and I love it. Especially since the settings are very tweakable and the menu is so very intuitive it's a pleasure to try it out.

In the save state menu there's an option "Press FORWARD to preview". When I press the right shoulder button it tries to do something and returns with the message "not gonna happen!"

Is "not gonna happen!" a funny joke and does mean the preview option is not gonna happen? Or am I missing something here.

Reesy thanks for your hard work, exiting stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just trying out a few other japanese games:

Gundam Wing Endless Duel

Wow! It's really playable now crusing along at like 25FPS+. Very nice!

Macross Scrambled Valkyrie is running nicely too but the FPS got stuck again.

Is it a little faster in scaled mode? Or is it my imagination?

For version 4 would you be able to implement a 266 mHz clock option and also make the emulator remember the last rom you loaded so that when you boot another one you don't have to start back at the top of the list? Thanks for the fast releases and keep up the good work!

Also has anyone else gotten Final Fantasy Mystic Quest to work on any emulator?

Wooow this is getting more and mroe exciting!! But I noticed the sound plays too fast, or maybe my brains has gotten damaged by all the adrenaline caused by finally playing Zelda with transparencies and fullspeed (with frameskip) on my lovely GP2X? BTW, the fps counter blocked at 30Fps in Zelda :(

EDIT : also noticed a small music desynchronization, in the first music of Chrono Trigger. But goint in the square and back to Chrono's house made everything ok again!

This is really great, unfortunately getting back to menu with select-button doesn't work yet.

yay ffvi music actually sounds good now and its playable @250 withno trans great emu hope it gets as good as DrMD

Back