Pocketsnes V4

sensible GP32

V4

"No major changes. I've replaced the timer code which should mean that the FPS monitor will not lock up anymore."
Downloads

http://reesy.gp32x.de/GP2X/PocketSnes_v4.zip
http://reesy.gp32x.de/GP2X/PocketSnes_v4_src.zip

Credits go to:
Snes9x team - for creating the original Snes9x emulator from which squidgeSnes and PocketSnes are based.
Notaz - ASM sound core and lots and lots of other fixes
Squidge - PocketSnes uses alot of code from Squidgesnes, basically its Squidgesnes with the rendering code from PocketSnes.
Rlyeh - The SDK I use is based largely on the minimal lib created by Rlyeh.
Reesy - Menu system

A big ole thanks to reesy for his work on this emulator.... be sure to say thanks!

Great. It seemed like if you change games more than 3 times the FPS would lock up. I forgot how good and fun some of these old SNES games are.

down with squidge!! :p

No offense intended, but right now I consider SquidgeSNES to still have speed over PocketSNES.

PocketSNES is a great step in the right direction though with its transparencies though.

As it is right now, I respect both projects but I still primarily use SquidgeSNES right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think to need that C.ver sound core mode

asm.ver core in SquidgeSNES, cann't running some game (ex:tale of phantasia)

down with squidge!! :p

No offense intended, but right now I consider SquidgeSNES to still have speed over PocketSNES.

PocketSNES is a great step in the right direction though with its transparencies though.

As it is right now, I respect both projects but I still primarily use SquidgeSNES right now.

In some ways SquidgeSNES is faster. Some ways it is slower. Any game using Raster interrupt palette switches is MUCH slower in SquidgeSnes. I think it has to do with the SNES9X rendering which doesn't handle rasters very fast.

Donkey kong country was unplayably slow in SquidgeSNES due to the raster sky but in Pocket snes it is relatively smooth. Super Mario world is smoother in Squidgesnes though. So for now they both have their advantages. Hopefully Reesy can find some magic code trick for pocketsnes to eek out a few more FPS. It is great now but my GP2X can only go to 240 and some stuff is a bit framey like Axelay. Castlevania IV is like almost perfect on pocketsnes with transparencies, one of my favorites, so I think it is awesome.

I just tried this emulator for the first time on this version and all I can get on any rom is "Error setting DSP Speed" :(

I couldn't find any help for this... anyone?

EDIT: Same on version 3. Meh :(

EDIT2: Heh, it works now. Weird. <_<

why is everyone hating :angry:
but seriously i dont like squidgesnes cuz ive lost hours and hours of save games the next time i booted it up...

<_< damn ingrate. <_<

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<
<_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

Back