Squidgesnes V0.37a Released

I want to rewrite the graphic rendering routines from scratch, but the trouble is finding the time to do it :(

So I thought I'd wait until Reesy tried out some various stuff instead, like his 8-bit rendering and z-buffer hacks.

squide would transparencies work at a decent speed without glitches if you'd have the time to work on it? (just wanting to know if it's possible at all)

This might be a stupid question, or not, I don't know, but couldn't you create a rom dump of a game (in the emulator), convert the transparencies before the game loads, and then load that data instead?

I want to rewrite the graphic rendering routines from scratch, but the trouble is finding the time to do it :(

So I thought I'd wait until Reesy tried out some various stuff instead, like his 8-bit rendering and z-buffer hacks.

I'm still playing around with it every now and then but I've still not come up with anything yet though, so feel free to do what ever you like with it. I would agree that a re-write is in order but as you say its finding the time to do it. Plus to do an efficient re-write I would need to understand how the snes works a little better, as at the moment I'm just hacking at the code and assuming that what was there before was the best approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe trying the ARM ASM sound core which was released a few weeks ago from the PPC(?) version would give an easier speed boost for now?

Back