Pocketsnes Version 3

Yes ff6 playable. Thats great news since i still have to finish the game.

Hmmm i once played final fantasy 6 on a playsation 2 emulator but my playstation died. Could i use the savegame from the memory card? And if so does anyway know what the easiest way could be to get the save files from the memoy card on my sd card?

damm im so happy! good job!!

wow a third release within the day ?
thanks Reesy.

it's nice to see snes emulation still being worked on, especially since it's one of the few 2d systems which aren't perfectly emulated on gp2x (transparency WAS indeed lacking).

the only thing i find a little bit strange is how pocketsnes seems dependant on sound emulation.
when it's off, many games will not load or will hang at startup screen.

that kind of thing usually happens with games such as bahamut lagoon but, with pocketsnes, it seems to happen with many more games.
any idea why ?

Mega Man X2 and X3 are not working on this version. They were working fine with version 2. Also, Magic Knight Rayearth, Kirby Super Star, and Kirby's Dream Land 3 aren't working. I know that SFX is supposed to be slow but these just don't boot at all. Anyone else having any luck with these files?

Another release! I can't handle this. (Neural net breaks down, sensory input goes off line.) :eek:

This thing is getting sweeter and sweeter!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet sweet Chronotrigger and Tales of phantasia on my 2x!
(even if the sound in tales is greatly distorted and whith sound on it hangs)
Really cool Reesy!
Many thanks to Notaz, Squidge and Rlyeh too ofcource!

I am aware of the fact that those games use other chips but thanks for linking me like I was an uninformed member.

What kind of fool do you take me for?!?!? :angry:

(I'm playing around with user agent settings in Firefox ... and all is well now)

... and thanks again Reesy .. now I HAVE to take my '2X to work along with my PSP now :lol:

For version 4 would you be able to make the emulator remember the last rom you loaded so that when you boot another one you don't have to start back at the top of the list?

NO!

I don't want this constantly writing to the card and fragmenting it and possibly corrupting it ;)

These autowrites are a bad idea. If that is done it should have an option to disable that.

For version 4 would you be able to make the emulator remember the last rom you loaded so that when you boot another one you don't have to start back at the top of the list?

NO!

I don't want this constantly writing to the card and fragmenting it and possibly corrupting it ;)

These autowrites are a bad idea. If that is done it should have an option to disable that.
He was referring to a single gaming session, in which case said variable would be written to the RAM?

- Alex

Here is a list of all the games I have tested that do not boot:

Clayfighter: Tournament Edition
Clayfighter
Magic Knight Rayearth
Stunt Race Fx
Terranigma
Zoop

I tested 295 roms and these were the only ones that didn't work other than the Mega Man and Kirby games. If anyone else has had luck booting any of these please let me know because I may have a bad rom.

Back