Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Hey Jumpman,

Did you try the patched version of Policenauts that you mentioned with the new update? I'm at work and cant try...

jonlad1 said:
Hey Jumpman,

Did you try the patched version of Policenauts that you mentioned with the new update? I'm at work and cant try...
Yeah I tried it, and it still just black screens. I'm sure it's an easy an easy fix, as it runs perfectly on the other emu, so hopefully it will be up and running sometime soon.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some images with three files. They are GAME.ccd, GAME.img, and GAME.sub .

How do you convert these to the standard bin cue format that it wants? I am not sure what the .sub file is for either.

Does it work as is Dave as plenty of mine are like that and run fine? The sub is the music from the sub channel data to my knowledge. CloneCD and Alcohol both make such file sets.

DaveC said:
Einhander - Still locks up at WAIT... :(

This also happens on the PCSX version on my desktop. There I can make it run by selecting an official BIOS.
That functionality is not implemented yet, and Notaz already said he will add it later. Just give him some time.

Thanks Notaz

I've added this to the PandoraWiki emulator list finally, after not updating it for a while due to finals and holidays. I've given it a yellow background judging from the comments in this thread, though it sounds like it could be green eventually.

Nice work, notaz. :) I'm just hoping that my Pandora's in those 350 being shipping next week...

b_o_b said:
DaveC said:
Einhander - Still locks up at WAIT... :(

This also happens on the PCSX version on my desktop. There I can make it run by selecting an official BIOS.
That functionality is not implemented yet, and Notaz already said he will add it later. Just give him some time.

Thanks Notaz
It worked in psx4pandora, (had stuttery sound though) I guess that is because of bios support? Damn that sucks as that sounds like it is big deal to add.

I will be away for a few days so wont be able to test much more, but just now I have tested only the games I reported before as not working or having issues:

-MTV Pure Ride: no more double dpad wierdness and now I can save! Cool.
-Persona 2 eternal sin (or something like that) patched to English: didn't work before and now it does!
-Total driving: now it works! Bit slow though.
-Apocalypse: now works!
-TOCA2: now works!
-Medal of Honor: now works!
-Medal of honor Underground: now works!
-Silent Hill: now works!
-Spiderman: now works!

Pretty good compatibility boost there! Unfortunately, the other games I reported as not working still don't work, but it's getting there! Good Job Notaz!

BTW, The blue-black-tinged graphics problems in C12 are also the same in Army Men Air Attack (just mentioning it for debugging purposes).

Here's a quick recap of my attempts on this(only downloaded it late last night so not really done much). All games were played at 800mhz

Colin McRae Rally 2 crashed instantly back to desktop
Micro Machines 3 - same
Rayman 2 - gets to title screen, freezes when starting game
Rollcage - playable, drops to around 20-25fps in-game, frame rate takes big drop when there's lots of effects on screen
Gran turismo 2 - some slowdown in game, mostly full speed
Strider 2 - mostly 40-50fps in game

I've not had much tIme to play more than a few minutes of each, mostly to see if they worked at all. Did notice that I couldn't get analogue controls to work at all though, is there some setting I need to alter for this?

Colin Mcrae 2 PAL works for me.
So does Driver 2, at least Take a ride mode does.

Lobo said:

I'll have to check and see what version I have now, was only a quick burst through some games I had on hand!

notaz said:
crow_riot said:
i'm just wondering... you said you've integrated the PEOPS software gpu plugin, would it be worth the effort porting one of the GL plugins to use GLES ?
Don't want to mess with GL yet, but plugin interface should be working and somebody else showed interest already.

well, got to hear that, too - and it's one with a panda i think, so he has probably more luck with finishing it :)

Lobo said:

I'll have to check and see what version I have now, was only a quick burst through some games I had on hand!

Seem to have double posted this(sorry!)

I'm impressed by your work Notaz, I'm always amazed at how easy things seem to be for you. ;)

Thank you for this great gift!

Notaz.... THANK YOU...
FINALLY I've got
Croc
One
Apocalypse
NHL 99
Gran Turismo
Medal of Honor 1 and 2
Legend of Dragoon
Legacy of Kaine
Star Wars Masters of Terra Kasi
All WORKING!!
What great compatibility... its getting better and better everyday.
So proud to own a Pandora!! Thank you!!
I've donated a little to your great work.
More donations still to come.

notaz said:
commit fab5d06db8a9cc033af1007f2b10eb9b35535b4c
Author: notaz <notasas@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 14 15:16:02 2010 +0200

drc: fix: storelr should also use AGR
I can confirm that this is an actual bug. It occurs (theoretically) when the register allocator uses a temporary register to hold the register used for address generation in a SWR or SWL instruction. This will only occur if no other nearby instructions use the same register. Since SWL instructions are almost always paired with SWR instructions, this is an extremely rare case. I tested dozens of games and never encountered this. How did you find this bug?

Back