Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Discussion in 'Software Releases' started by notaz, Dec 25, 2010.

1. mr.miyagi

mr.miyagi Member

And the last couple of videoes

Worms 2

View point

2. MonkeyChops

MonkeyChops NO! I don't play basketball

I prefer small frequent updates as well.

We should have a standard mhz that we all test at. I imagine that Notaz's goal is full speed at 600, so I'll be doing my testing there and overclocking as needed.

a few more:

Spiderman 2 - loads the splash screens for marvel, activision, and vicarious visions and then dumps to the desktop, same happens if you click past the splash screens

Gundum Battle Assault 2 - does not load at all, black screen of death

Megaman Legends - loads to the capcom splash screen and hangs there with some very bad sound glitches. If you wait long enough, the game actually loads "behind" the hung capcom screen and the sound clears up to where you can hear the intro playing (@850mhz). However, all you see is the hung capcom screen and the buttons do nothing.

3. Chaser

Chaser Member

Love the videos Mr Miyagi! I caught your post from Pandora which couldn't play them in my impatience and was like "Tekken 3' WTF?", as I had tested that and on PSX4Pandora its always never ran!

So out with my own PAL copy and CloneCD and low and behold the (E) version I'd downloaded, was infact not PAL but NTSC. WOW it runs and very nicely at 800 and even better at 1ghz, so what about PSX4Pandora?

Well turns out PAL runs there too but 1ghz is needed to get near 800mhz on PCSX and the sound is more stuttered!

Still I am gobsmacked and thanks for the heads up....yet what about Tekken 2 then?.... (clone..clone)......
    ...."Aw shucks its still attack of the mutant sea urchins"

Can Vagrant Story be fixed for me so characters are more than a shadow on the floor and occasional cameos from the screen edges......tune in

EDIT : I tested everything above at 800mhz as I do for N64, as that was the sweet spot for Mario64 and in theory most Pandora's will hit that, though if full speed at 600mhz is ever possible then I'm all for that.

4. Schnatterplatsch

Schnatterplatsch Member

^Do my eyes fool me, or are that really only 500MHZ for Spyro? Amazing, notaz you rock so much!!!

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

... and that's what he calls unoptimized :D
    I see bright times coming :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  6. mr.miyagi

mr.miyagi Member

Unuptimized, didnt saw he wrote that....thats crazy. :)

Spyro and GTA is already some of my favorite games on this emulator.

I hope that future updates somehow can fix Vib Ribbon and Carmageddon so they will work

Any one knows how to send a donation to Notaz?

7. Schnatterplatsch

Schnatterplatsch Member

^notaz.gp2x.de - There is a paypalbutton on the left side.

8. Chaser

Chaser Member

Click his profile and follow the link to his homepage, the donate button is on the left.

9. ari64

ari64 Magic Emulator Fairy

This works for me...
    Code:
    --- ../Mupen64Plus-1-5-src-arm-20101026/r4300/new_dynarec/new_dynarec.c	2010-10-26 12:50:30.000000000 -0400
    +++ r4300/new_dynarec/new_dynarec.c	2010-12-28 15:38:17.202274651 -0500
    @@ -3027,11 +3027,6 @@
         }
         type=STORED_STUB;
       }
    -  if(jaddr) {
    -    add_stub(type,jaddr,(int)out,i,addr,(int)i_regs,ccadj[i],reglist);
    -  } else if(!memtarget) {
    -    inline_writestub(type,i,constmap[i][s]+offset,i_regs->regmap,rs2[i],ccadj[i],reglist);
    -  }
       if(!using_tlb) {
         if(!c||memtarget) {
           #ifdef DESTRUCTIVE_SHIFT
    @@ -3051,6 +3046,11 @@
           add_stub(INVCODE_STUB,jaddr2,(int)out,reglist|(1<<HOST_CCREG),addr,0,0,0);
         }
       }
    +  if(jaddr) {
    +    add_stub(type,jaddr,(int)out,i,addr,(int)i_regs,ccadj[i],reglist);
    +  } else if(c&&!memtarget) {
    +    inline_writestub(type,i,constmap[i][s]+offset,i_regs->regmap,rs2[i],ccadj[i],reglist);
    +  }
       //if(opcode[i]==0x2B || opcode[i]==0x3F)
       //if(opcode[i]==0x2B || opcode[i]==0x28)
       //if(opcode[i]==0x2B || opcode[i]==0x29)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  10. MonkeyChops

MonkeyChops NO! I don't play basketball

Megaman x4 - good at 600, great at 700

Suikoden 2 - I also get the menu text glitches that ED got, game is playable at 600 but runs great at 850. I also could not load a saved game, I created one fine but when I tried to continue from the save, it says "can not load" and "loading error"

Wild Arms 2 - loads start screen and then hangs on a black screen when you try to start a game

Star Ocean 2 - ran great at 600 until I got to the first save point. Attempting to save took me to a black screen and froze the emulator and/or pandora, I had to reset.

11. mr.miyagi

mr.miyagi Member

nice thanks Schnatterplatsch, chaser :)

12. mcobit

mcobit Advanced Member

Played trough the first 4 robot bosses in megaman 8. Very good and constant speed at 800 mhz. But I cannot save to memorycard. It says the game is not recognized correctly.

13. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

ok time for first bugfix release. No speed improvements and still lots of broken stuff though.

http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r2.pnd

Warning: if you are using memcards move them from appdata/pcsx_rearmed/memcards/ appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/memcards/ as that was their intended location that did not work because path was not set correctly.

Changelog:
    • fixed memcard paths
    • fixed a keybind copy-paste bug
    • properly implemented pad handling
      (inputs no longer controls both emulated pads at once)
    • fixed a crash caused by framebuffer out of range access
    • fixed SWL/SWR handling (usually resulted in graphic glitches)
    • fixed BxxZAL (Medal of Honor)
    • fixed alignment crash in color space conversion code (Lunar)
    • fixed SWC2 occasional use of wrong address register (Parasite Eve)
    • fixed firstfile() handling in HLE BIOS (broken memory cards in some games)
    • added per-game configs (controls still not saved though)
    • added simple plugin select interface to the menu

14. Jumpman

Jumpman Advanced Member

I'm heading out the door to pick up jr. from daycare, but I will try as soon as I get back. None of the games I tried are on your bug fix list, but I will retry, and see if anything was improved on my list.

Thanks for this super fast update Notaz, it's greatly appreciated. Hopefully more users will get to try this great emu over the next few weeks with those 350 units shipping soon.

Chris

15. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

Don't want to mess with GL yet, but plugin interface should be working and somebody else showed interest already.

Well it's surely optimized already, the MIPS core emulation won't get much better then it is now, however GPU/SPU/GTE has lots of potential.

thanks, will include in next build.

16. jonlad1

jonlad1 Active Member

Thanks Notaz - exciting times ahead!

17. MooTheKow

MooTheKow Member

Hey - great stuff Notaz! Thanks for the quick turnaround! Lunar fix is working great.

Just a heads up that the game Alundra (US Versino 1.1) still locks up (i.e. can't access menu) on the initial loading screen when you attempt to start a new game.

18. zx-81

zx-81 Certified Guru

nice one, as always Notaz, big thanks !

19. Jumpman

Jumpman Advanced Member

Alright, just ran threw my list again, and many games run the exact same, but a few now work that didn't before.

The Street Fighter Collection bug, is now gone. So now the game doesn't select 1 and 2 players at once.

Blasto, Silent Bomber, and Tomba had graphical glitches before, but now run. Blasto, and Tomba run very slow though, even at 800, but Silent Bomber now runs about as good as it did on our other PS1 emu. Silent Bomber has glitchy sound, but is playable.

I didn't notice any games that are now broke that ran before, so that is very good. I look forward to your next update Notaz, as I'm sure even more games will run. R-Type Delta and Einhander get my votes. ;)

Edit:Also Parasite Eve seems to be running now also.

Chris

20. DaveC

DaveC Internal Development

Great Notaz thanks for the nice update.

My small list of game tests:

Disruptor - Now works fine, crashed before.

Einhander - Still locks up at WAIT... :(

Medievil - used to lock right away, now goes all of the way to the game then freezes. Getting better there.

Raystorm - Used to get to intro then lock up part of the way through, Now locks instantly though, I get nothing not even a title screen now. This one seems to have gotten "worse" although it wasn't playable before but it got farther.

Thanks again for the great work.