Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

It's possible those .sub files are corrupted (burning such image would not work on real console), I've encountered quite a few of them while looking at this.

Hi all, having a small problem with Wild Arms, playing through the first dungeon and I got to a battle, Rudy (main character) has glitched so his colours are all messed up, then when leaving a battle the music sounds like white noise, any idea what could be causing this? Ridge Racer and Rally Cross are the only other games I've tried, both run perfectly.

chewdiggy: I tested the game and didn't see any glitches with the graphics of Rudy in battles in the first dungeon and I got no problems with the music in battle as well.

Your problems can be caused by a flawed copy of the game you are using, because you maybe are using no bios-file (recommended: scph1001.bin) or because of your personal configuration with the gpu-plugins.

Most likely it's due to the copy. Mine, which I made myself with linux has a sound-issue at the very end of the intro: A very high several seconds lasting sound.

For testing I used the build_in GPU plugin.

As the joystick mode seems not seen by the screensaver, when i play GT with dual nubs, the screensaver shuts down the screen :/.

not sure whether this is the correct place to post this query but i'm having a slight problem: i've made a disk image of Wip3out for PS1 and the game runs fine but all the music is separate tracks on the disk and isnt recognised by the emulator/wont play. Is there another way i could encode the disk image to get the music tracks to play in game? or some kind or workaround?

just for reference it was a .bin/cue with seperate .ape music tracks, now its a copressed EBOOT to save SD card space

Last edited by a moderator:
EBOOTs tend to discard the audiotracks. If you have a proper bin/cue image that has the uncompressed audiotracks on it it should play.

it didnt last time (thats why i thought i might as well compress it) but i'll give it another go, even in bin/cue it still has the separate audio tracks... guess i'll try to make a new image with the audio tracks included in the bin/cue. My PC seems to want to put them separately but i'll figure something out

@Monkfish, well you can batch-transcode the apes to .bins with PakkISO and make a cue-file for the whole bin-collection inclucing track1/data.

I don't know if this works with PCSX-reARMed, but it works with virtual drives.

ok i've been poking around the internet and it seems i have to do the following: decompress the .ape files into .wav's Merge them with the disk image and then make a single bin/cue pair from that. might take me sometime...

For CDDA-music, which is what we are talking about here, only wav AFAIK. Sometimes cue-sheets list all tracks as ".bin". So if you converted the APE-files to wav, you might want to take a look at the cue-file with an editor afterwards and if necessary edit the names in it from ".bin" to ".wav" except for the first (non-audio-)track. Renaming the wav-files to ".bin" might also work.

Actually, I'm using EBOOT files, but some of them don't seem to compress that much. If something like OGG Vorbis was supported, I would have considered re-ripping the disks to bin/ogg.

For CDDA-music, which is what we are talking about here, only wav AFAIK. Sometimes cue-sheets list all tracks as ".bin". So if you converted the APE-files to wav, you might want to take a look at the cue-file with an editor afterwards and if necessary edit the names in it from ".bin" to ".wav" except for the first (non-audio-)track. Renaming the wav-files to ".bin" might also work.
Thats what Pakkiso does.

Converting the apes to wavs and making these to bins.

Back