Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Remember - if the game has new bugs switch the GPU plugin. That'll help us isolate if the bug is in the NEON GPU or something new. Probably most cases will be the former.

Okay, Pro Pinball games - builtin_gpu = freezing on loading bar, gpuGLES.so = complete black screen, gpuPCSX4ALL.so = another black screen freeze, gpuPEOPS.so = freezes at table select/option screen

The Pro Pinball games: The Web, Timeshock, Big Race USA & Fantastic Journey are now stuck on the loading screen.. they did run in previous builds but with the repeating ball graphical glitch.

Testing pinball games is the ultimate method to see how well an emulator performs. Every small glitch is noticeable. It is the 1st release with the new GPU though, so I am sure Notaz and Exo will improve it further.
Those are doing something PCSX core doesn't handle properly, perhaps unemulated status bits or root counters (timers), who knows.. Not really related to the new GPU code.

The Pro Pinball games: The Web, Timeshock, Big Race USA & Fantastic Journey are now stuck on the loading screen.. they did run in previous builds but with the repeating ball graphical glitch.

Testing pinball games is the ultimate method to see how well an emulator performs. Every small glitch is noticeable. It is the 1st release with the new GPU though, so I am sure Notaz and Exo will improve it further.
Those are doing something PCSX core doesn't handle properly, perhaps unemulated status bits or root counters (timers), who knows.. Not really related to the new GPU code.

I am certain they were playable in previous builds albeit with the aforementioned graphical problem with the ball, so something has definitely changed there.. is there any chance somewhere along the line that yourself & Exophase could look into solving their issues in ReARMed..

Cheers.

Where can i download r9 from?
better to teach you to fish I guess....on the repo page, click the pnd you want, than right next to the download button, you will see a button that says Archived, click that button using the left mouse button, and in there you will see the releases that have been uploaded to repo

Wow. Final Fantasy Tactics works very fluidly now (still can't save though, but save states suffice nicely). Very nice work indeed.

Saving in Final Fantasy Tactics works but only with the second memory card slot for some reason.

Damn, this is a major speed up across the board!

I saw the comments and was doubtful but was I wrong: Soulblade is full speed, as is Tekken3, Need for speed 4 and several others. As an added bonus I found that C12 now works again!

Excellent work guys!

Notaz and Exophase, I don't know if you get tired of reading these, but holy schnikes r12 is fantastic! The Spyro games run like buttah without overclocking. And the updrafts in Spyro 1 are still fine :) Fantastic work!

I have been testing R12 version and it much faster than before and games are running much better,these the games which work perfectly well:

Gran turismo

Ridge racer type 4

Tekken 3

Gex

Loaded

Resident evil 2 dual shock edition

Tekken 3 is running full speed with good sound and it looks better than the real system now,i'm impressed. :D

There are 2 games don't work anymore,here they are:

Dead or alive-after character select screen,it shows black screen

Klonoa-Once you start the game it shows black screen

Can someone post a comparison video for those of us waiting for a Pandora & drooling from the sideline.

There are 2 games don't work anymore,here they are:

Dead or alive-after character select screen,it shows black screen

Klonoa-Once you start the game it shows black screen
I tried Dead or Alive PAL and it ran perfectly.

Ocean, for me Ridge Racer Type 4 runs perfect, but there is no music, only sound efects, ¿could there be a diference between pal, jap or usa versions?

Also tried Soul Blade NTSC and works great, but it also has a problem with the music, it repeats the same part over and over again, ¿does this happen to everyone?

All the other games I tried work great :) , I am so happy with this emulator, and also discovering Ps1 had a lot of great 2D games. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
only tried a few games so far, Circuit Breakers runs flawlessly under this new version, but Colin McRae Rally 2 now refuses to load up at all, no matter what plugin I use....

After playing a lot of psx clasics I realise that some games are missing their music, they have sound afects and run perfecly, but no music.

Here are the ones ive noticed:

Wipeout 1 2 and 3

Rayman 1

Ridge Racer Type 4

Soul Blade has music but it plays the same 3 seconds over and over again.

Back