Release PCSX ReARMed r22 - now using the DSP

Writes on Linux are buffered, kernel reports write success before writes actually happen unless special code is used.
I'd have thought that wouldn't crash the game though, wouldn't it cause a kernel panic if it crashed at all? If a process crashes before the write has actually happened, does the kernel not flush the buffer?

In many cases the kernel is able to kill the current process instead of bringing the whole system down. So whenever you get this crash again, it would be good to see dmesg output, latest kernel logs all "normal" crashes too.

One bug to report - for Tail Concerto (JP version), Save States work but when you load them up, something very strange occurs: the controls do not work anymore.

If needed I can provide Save States for testing.

FWIW the minor graphics glitch I reported in Spyro 3 isn't fixed:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/6546-pcsx-rearmed-with-a-new-gpu/?p=349112

It's totally not a big deal.  It's visual only, doesn't impact playing the game.  I just thought I'd remind you of its existence.
Actually--nevermind!  That rendering bug happens on the PS2 as well.  I'm watching Beuchiism's stream today and I've seen it a couple times.

Maybe, possibly?, the PS1 doesn't have the bug, it only happens with emulators.  But the PS2 is the gold standard in emulation, so I think there's a good chance it happens on the PS1 too.  I don't know if I'll ever go and confirm it.  Anyway, I'm not sure there's any bug here for you to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bug report, more a request for a feature. Any chance of an "Are you sure?" when exiting from the menu? I've done that a few times by accident and lost progress in Final Fantasy. :(

Hi, I haven't checked on this project in over a year, but it seems my issue was resolved (automatic 2x 1:1 scaling in games, which use multiple resolutions). There are some nifty scanlines to go with it too! Great community this is. Fantastic work, notaz. :)

The only "issue", as far as I can see, is that scanlines disappear during MDEC playback and appear when the resolution is already 640x480, which is not a real issue for me, but it would be perfect if scanlines were there for cutscenes and disappeared in hires modes (like Gran Turismo 2 menus).

I was just checking the best way to play Red Alert on the Pandora. Because OpenRA / FreeRA are not ported it seems PCSX is currently the best (only?) method to play the game. RTS games play best with touch screen on the Pandora or if that isn't possible with an attached mouse (I don' t consider using the nubs an alternative btw).
It seems you can play some of the PS1 games with a mouse and RA is one of them https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Mouse

Just checked PCSX ReARMed and touch screen or mouse control isn't mentioned in the menu, does that mean it isn't possible?

Hi @Magic Sam
Thanks - I already noticed the port from mcobit but in the comments it is stated to be buggy with bad AI - so I don't really consider it to be a valid port.
ptitSeb already mentioned he was looking into OpenRA recently but I don't think it is an easy port (something graphical - issues with shaders) .

Using the PSX version with touchscreen would be very convenient and as you can see there are other interesting games for PSX that utilize the PS mouse as well.

Mouse is just relative movement, it can't be mapped to touchscreen easily (absolute input). In some rare cases it can be done (uae4all?), but it does that by hacking the AmigaOS, from what I understand.

I guess the best result could be obtained by statically recompiling the Windows version, but I haven't looked how much effort that would need. Don't have time or anergy to do something like that lately, but maybe someday...

Not sure if statically recompiling RA is worth it. There is still a chance ptitSeb ports OpenRa if he finds the time.
I was hoping for an easy solution for PCSX - touchscreen / mouse support - it would have been nice for the mouse capable games. Too bad that is not possible.

Will take a look at uae4all - for the Amiga there are also quite a few games that would benefit to be able to play using touchscreen (games like populous and simcity)

For OpenRA, I need to work on GLES2 backend for glshim. It's still planned (not much is needed for OpenRA, I can probably convert the shader by hand and not automatically). Not sure when I'll start working on that.

Does anyone know why I'm getting a load of "unsupported/invalid cd image type" errors when trying to load most of my CD images?

Some of them are cue files, others bin files, doesn't seem to matter which. :/ Is there another format I'm better off converting the images to?

TIA

Is the iso9660 module loaded ?

--EDIT: answered too fast, it's probably not the solution.

Havent used my Pandora in ages... decided to play some Playstation. .. I was using r18 ... The problems I experienced caused me to update to r22. .. but the problems remained.

Occasionally the graphics would be fine... but anytime in game that I pressed space to go into the menu... The colours would all go Out. Sometimes there would be flickering as well... sometime I would get a black screen and I would have to reset the Pandora.

What's going on?

I have a CC Pandora and os .71

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

Back