Nubs and a Schedule (2010-11-04)

.....<snip> But is it just me, or do a bunch of first-batchers seem to harboring resentment that second-batchers might get their units at the same time?....<snip>

More likely jealousy :eek:

What 3jane says is true, if a bit optimistic :)

And also if you first batchers haven't noticed, us second batchers actually paid more for our Pandoras ($330USD for batch 1 & $349 USD for batch 2).

The potential lost interest on $330 over 12 - 24 months would cover the increased price

On the other hand, without the first batchers putting their hands in their pockets, there wouldn't be a second batch for people like me to order from. More kudos to them, I say.

Im still wondering how much a new set of nubs would set me back if we end up having to pay the full price (looking for a worst case) as im a one-nubber but both my nubs seem eratic.

are we looking at £10/£50 or more?

On the other hand, without the first batchers putting their hands in their pockets, there wouldn't be a second batch for people like me to order from. More kudos to them, I say.

Excellent point. Without the funding generated by Batch 1, Batch 2 wouldn't exist.

Just a quick update: So far, no probs with the new nubs.

The new mold (which is needed to produce more than just 100 pieces ;) ) has been finished today (two days later than planned, but that shouldn't cause a lot of problems).

Hopefully, we'll get some pictures from Texas as according to their schedule, 2000 boards should be finished already and just missing nubs.

The new mold (which is needed to produce more than just 100 pieces ;) ) has been finished today (two days later than planned, but that shouldn't cause a lot of problems).

Hopefully, we'll get some pictures from Texas as according to their schedule, 2000 boards should be finished already and just missing nubs.
Thanks for the news! So the nubs should arrive at the factory on monday if everything else goes as planned?

Thanks for the news! So the nubs should arrive at the factory on monday if everything else goes as planned?

Depending on delivery service, Monday or 1 / 2 days later. It's always hard making guesses in international shipping.

Finished as in including testing? Because I thought 2000 had already been finished, but only 1000 of them had passed the tests?

Well, this looks good. Waiting to see how things shape up, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping nothing else unplanned happens. Good luck, EvilDragon!

Finished as in including testing? Because I thought 2000 had already been finished, but only 1000 of them had passed the tests?

As you said, 1000 finished including tests, 1000 finished and ready for testing within the next few days.

Depending on delivery service, Monday or 1 / 2 days later. It's always hard making guesses in international shipping.
It's bad enough just within this country. I ordered a copy of K&R last Wednesday/Thursday, and it's still not arrived. And it's only coming from a couple of hundred miles away.

As you said, 1000 finished including tests, 1000 finished and ready for testing within the next few days.

Sorry; you'd meant it as a statement about their status, not an update on something that was changed.

However, shouldn't those 1000 have been "finished and ready for testing" since the 18th? Or so they claimed. Which means they haven't done any testing for the past three weeks??

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry; you'd meant it as a statement about their status, not an update on something that was changed.

However, shouldn't those 1000 have been "finished and ready for testing" since the 18th? Or so they claimed. Which means they haven't done any testing for the past three weeks??
Think MWeston gave them a green light within the past ten days/two weeks. Not researching, check your facts, this ain't Fox News.

At this rate when would the first 1000 of the second batch be finished and delivered? from what i've read it doesnt seem like it should be too far away.

Good evening everyone, my name is Mike and I have been following the Pandora Project since its birth. I've meant to register for the OP boards as soon as they were formed, but at least I am fianlly here! I am number 850-950 in the 2nd batch queue (around the end of September), for those who wondered. So from what I have ascertained from reading massive amounts of posts, is that the nubs were finally finished and we are waiting for them to arrive at Evil Dragon's (correct me if i'm wrong) place? It would be beneficial for multiple board manufacturers to asemble them at once, that way if one company fails, there would be redundancy. Things will also be finished quicker, and it would be possible to have both batches finished in........... 2 months :p I have purchased a carrying case and TV Out cable as well. I know that the cables haven't been assembled yet, but what does the case look like? Can anyone snap a photgraph of the front and back, as well as the internals? That would be most welcome. Why isn't there a charging light that shuts off when fully charged (not partially charged like the power issue thread mentioned)? Is that too cost prohibitive?

I wish you all of the best, and I will wait patiently as we brave the storm together as one.

Keep Persevering,

- Mike Mielke -

we are waiting for them to arrive at Evil Dragon's (correct me if i'm wrong) place? It would be beneficial for multiple board manufacturers to asemble them at once, that way if one company fails, there would be redundancy. Things will also be finished quicker, and it would be possible to have both batches finished in........... 2 months :p I have purchased a carrying case and TV Out cable as well. I know that the cables haven't been assembled yet, but what does the case look like? Can anyone snap a photgraph of the front and back, as well as the internals? That would be most welcome. Why isn't there a charging light that shuts off when fully charged (not partially charged like the power issue thread mentioned)? Is that too cost prohibitive?

I wish you all of the best, and I will wait patiently as we brave the storm together as one.

Keep Persevering,

- Mike Mielke -
Nubs are going to Texas to be put on boards then to Craig's place in the UK for assembly in Village Hall with cases. You're not missing much with the carrying case, very tight fit, there are pics around of it. As for the charging light, it flashes when the unit is below 10% or a charging problem, it will flash brighter when unit is plugged in to charge and battery is below 10% but stay lit red, stays constant red while connected, it doesn't go out when the battery is at 100%. There isn't much that does this type of functioning anymore once charged. It's my understanding that you don't want to constantly charge to 100% or run the battery bone dry either because it decreases the lifespan of this type of battery. So to remove the unit from the charger at 90-95% and charging at %15 is better for the battery overall than charge to 100% then discharge to 0%. I don't think its too cost prohibitive, just a function that electronics no longer have, especially regarding this board. The Pandora stays on while charging as well, it can't charge when the unit is off, power simply powers up the unit as does inserting the battery into the unit without hitting the switch.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Nubs are going to Craig's place in the UK for assembly in Village Hall. You're not missing much with the carrying case, very tight fit, there are pics around of it. As for the charging light, it flashes when the unit is below 10% or a charging problem, it will flash brighter when unit is plugged in to charge and battery is below 10% but stay lit red, stays constant red while connected, it doesn't go out when the battery is at 100%. There isn't much that does this type of functioning anymore once charged. It's my understanding that you don't want to constantly charge to 100% or run the battery bone dry either because it decreases the lifespan of this type of battery. So to remove the unit from the charger at 90-95% and charging at %15 is better for the battery overall than charge to 100% then discharge to 0%. I don't think its too cost prohibitive, just a function that electronics no longer have, especially regarding this board. The Pandora stays on while charging as well, it can't charge when the unit is off, power simply powers up the unit as does inserting the battery into the unit without hitting the switch.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

It seems as though both the board and the nub companies are finally producing quality materials, as thye should have been to begin with. I guess things just happen. I know that I haven't waited that long, but I know exactly what has been going on, and I have been "passively waiting" just as long. It is an investment for me really, as I have quite a bit of loan debt and need to save up for a place of my own. I'm still playing an original rectangular Playstation, but I finally acquire a Genesis. Is there an Apple II emulator?

Back