Nubs and a Schedule (2010-11-04)

facility2.jpg

1.png

That flag.....

Picture on the top is one they gave OP, IIRC. Picture on the bottom is from the Circuitco site. Pretty sure it's the same company now. Nice sleuthing, ToastBucket! :lol:

I'm guessing those were taken close to Sep. 11th, where I worked at the time put flags up also, as did the entire country.
I've been to the US many times over the years. If they went up around Sept 11th, someone forgot to take them down. USA flags are everywhere, almost like they don't want to forget where they live ;)

Either that, or they're going for the "Made in the USA" marketing that a lot of US firms have been doing recently, to reassure their American customers that the products they buy aren't made overseas by soulless heathens.

EDIT: In other words, that they are stimulating the US economy, and not just draining from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either that, or they're going for the "Made in the USA" marketing that a lot of US firms have been doing recently, to reassure their American customers that the products they buy aren't made overseas by soulless heathens.

EDIT: In other words, that they are stimulating the US economy, and not just draining from it.

OR.....

They're Texans. ;)

I'm from california, and I certainly don't see that kind of psuedo-patriotic douchebaggery here. The dude might as well be wearing a cowboy hat and spurs, holding a revolver and supressing an African American.

Can't get more Southern than that.

No disrespect to any southerners here. I'm sure you guys know when people cross that crazy-line.

I'm from california, and I certainly don't see that kind of psuedo-patriotic douchebaggery here. The dude might as well be wearing a cowboy hat and spurs, holding a revolver and supressing an African American.

I sure hope I missed something in this thread... But if not, since when is putting your country's flag on the wall "pseudo-patriotic douchebaggery"? o_O

edit: edited for clarity

Thats reminds me on the Soccer World Championship 2006 and 2010: In this Time, the german flagg was realy present in each way in Germany: As car window flag, on the car mirror.. black red gold everywhere, but at the end of this championship, they get all hide very fast..

BTT: I hope the Nubs are already as scheduled.. B)

Pandy before Christmas: Maybe :p

I sure hope I missed something in this thread... But if not, since when is putting your country's flag on the wall "pseudo-patriotic douchebaggery"? o_O

edit: edited for clarity

Because the dude took a picture of himself standing in front of a MASSIVE american flag and posted it on the front page of his company's website.

Given the mid-90's quality of the website, the dude in front of the American flag is just the little bit that puts it over the top and makes it classy. =P

Because the dude took a picture of himself standing in front of a MASSIVE american flag and posted it on the front page of his company's website.

I don't see him with a flag, just the logo of his company.. Unless I missed it. Only Douchbaggery I see is his manner of dressing and the facial hair doesn't help him.

EDIT: nope see it on the website.. way on the bottom.. Well it's Texas after all.

I don't see him with a flag, just the logo of his company.. Unless I missed it. Only Douchbaggery I see is his manner of dressing and the facial hair doesn't help him.

EDIT: nope see it on the website.. way on the bottom.. Well it's Texas after all.

Amusing as the sheer foolishness of posting a photo of someone, arms crossed, standing in front of a flag twice your height is, I'd still be interested in getting back to the original question. What is their punishment for failing to make the self-imposed deadline? Because if there wasn't (ever?) supposed to be some penalty, why bother setting it, or even attempting to meet it? (Maybe they didn't try?)

The pinky ring, the bracelet, the goatee, and the shit-eating grin are an overwhelming force when combined. I bet that guy could sell you a lit stick of dynamite

DELIVERY

We offer delivery in 24 hours or LESS. Flexibility and Efficiency enable us to exceed customer delivery expectations.

DELIVERY

We offer delivery in 24 hours or LESS. Flexibility and Efficiency enable us to exceed customer delivery expectations.

That can't be the company OP's using, then.

DELIVERY

So it's settled then: Finish up batch1 boards there and do batch2 at a better company? Good? Good.

Amusing as the sheer foolishness of posting a photo of someone, arms crossed, standing in front of a flag twice your height is, I'd still be interested in getting back to the original question. What is their punishment for failing to make the self-imposed deadline? Because if there wasn't (ever?) supposed to be some penalty, why bother setting it, or even attempting to meet it? (Maybe they didn't try?)
Last time I checked emails aren't a legally binding contract, so I think the company's only punishment is having a piss poor website and operating in the tech sector. Maybe suing for false advertising? This would bankrupt the project likely.

Last time I checked emails aren't a legally binding contract, so I think the company's only punishment is having a piss poor website and operating in the tech sector. Maybe suing for false advertising? This would bankrupt the project likely.

Well, it does depend on local regulations, but of course emails can be legally binding. It's certainly at least as binding as an oral contract - except you have proof of it for later on.

Either way, OPT certainly insinuated that they had a legally binding contract (e.g. email) and that there was some penalty if they didn't make it. Otherwise, why make such a big deal about the promise of the 18th? I can't seem to find the quote on a quick search, but I could have sworn seeing reference of that as a big step, since now we had a hard deadline that they needed to make.

Link - interesting as it is to discuss this, I really think the next input here needs to be from OPT. Either they had something binding - what are they going to do, since it was woefully missed, even taking into account the missing nubs, which aren't being waited on - or they didn't, and we were misled to believe otherwise (surprise!). But something isn't adding up.

Back