New nubs: Almost there! (2010-08-30)

sounds good...

what will be the difference between the old nubs of the first pandoras and the newer ones?

By the sounds of it, these new nubs are created under stricter tolerances, and hopefully they won't have glue dropped on them during manufacture ;)

Now the LCD cable seems to be stable and the nubs are about to get there we're moving towards a solid MP device which makes me very happy.
It's been "1 step backwards, 1.1 step forward" pretty much the entire project. I'm very happy that you (OPT) pushed it all the way through like you did. The pandora will be a great device for years to come.

Maybe it's still too soon for congratulations, but lots of kudos for now. :)

How many spare nubs are you going to stock? I received a one nubber unit and I think my left nub is finally toast. It doesn't return to center at all and it's really loose. May try and open it up.

Just to increase my post count:

Will this card image be available for download?

I didn't notice any warning that the system would reboot - just the 'update has finished'. Then again, i wasn't looking closely.

I think the 'blank screen' after date_time is xfce thinking that the unit has been idle for a while - moving the mouse wakes it up.

Getting some weird quote issues on this forum, as you can see. The first is the last I chose from this thread, the second isn´t from this thread at all. :blink:

Glad to hear of the nub situation. B) B) A MP Pandora of serious badass potential is about to hit reviewers and Joe Public.

I too would be interested in an image of the review SD card but I doubt my net conection will agree. How many sdxc gigs? :eek:

Does anyone actually do the nub dance btw? ;) I never have and have perfect nubs anyway (with no bias, as mine own are more like a potential pyramid selling scheme from Skokie Illinois).

:p

How many spare nubs are you going to stock? I received a one nubber unit and I think my left nub is finally toast. It doesn't return to center at all and it's really loose. May try and open it up.

I am in the same boat, but also have a Batch2'er on order.

The way I see it:

1.) First of all, we must tet them finish the outstanding orders :)

2.) See if they are able to offer a Nub replacement service, at a price that reflects that there is a lot of labour, and also a fairly long turnaround.

3.) If there is too much work for a replacement service, try and purchase replacement Nubs and have an electronics expert locally fix the issue.

I have chatted with EvilDude about this and once the dust settles I am sure a solution will present itself. In the meantime I think this should be left on the back boiler, but if the option to buy some extra nubs is available, I am sure they would be sold.

C_S

I am in the same boat, but also have a Batch2'er on order.

The way I see it:

1.) First of all, we must tet them finish the outstanding orders :)

2.) See if they are able to offer a Nub replacement service, at a price that reflects that there is a lot of labour, and also a fairly long turnaround.

3.) If there is too much work for a replacement service, try and purchase replacement Nubs and have an electronics expert locally fix the issue.

I have chatted with EvilDude about this and once the dust settles I am sure a solution will present itself. In the meantime I think this should be left on the back boiler, but if the option to buy some extra nubs is available, I am sure they would be sold.

C_S

I'd be able to replace the nubs myself. I figured they would be finishing existing units first but maybe they would do a bulk order and have some spares in there.

I know this is great news for those waiting for their Pandoras, but for me I think this can't come soon enough as my Pandora is showing signs (red lines across the screen) that it won't make it too much longer.

I know this is great news for those waiting for their Pandoras, but for me I think this can't come soon enough as my Pandora is showing signs (red lines across the screen) that it won't make it too much longer.
Sound like you have the LCD cable issue, maybe.

Back