Nubs and a Schedule (2010-11-04)

There was a pretty long gap between them running out of Batch one orders and starting Batch two orders, so I would have thought it was pretty clear what Batch you were in. Batch two started July 2010.

I got into batch 1 at the end of april, and a friend of mine in batch 1 ordered his in june I think. I'm 3250-3500. :unsure:

About the batch discussion etc:

In the recent update (devblog) EvilDragon also pointed to the (seemingly updated) status page.

And in that info, batch 2 is excluded from the “current status” and shipment information.

This indicates everything they’re talking about now / here is just batch one.

No batch 2. And thus very probably no shipment of batch 2 before next year whatsoever …

:( (

It's funny how certain words seem to make an entire statement transform in someone elses eyes.

I said that ed clearly stated that 1000 boards on blah blah another on blah blah blah. I never said he clearly stated that batch 2 wouldn't be seen this year, that was my added opinion to his clearly stated facts.

Well since you worded what ED said your own way, how was I to know that what followed in the same sentence was your own opinion when you didn't differentiate it as such. ;)

Example 1: (What you said)

"ED said clearly that there will be 3 shipments of 1000 boards between November and December, completing the first 4000 units of batch one"

Example 2: (What you could have said)

"ED said clearly that there will be 3 shipments of 1000 boards between November and December. In accordance with my personal deduction skills, this would complete the first 4000 units of batch one"

You see the difference? :D

Further more, I was never confused about whether or not there would be 3 batches of 1000 BOARDS each. What I was wondering was whether or not there where going to be UNITS(Pandoras) enough for Batch 2 before Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got into batch 1 at the end of april, and a friend of mine in batch 1 ordered his in june I think. I'm 3250-3500. :unsure:

I remember getting a mail saying something about hurrying to order to make it in Batch 1".

Wait... I'll hunt for the exact quote.

"You can now place a pre-order for the Second batch release of the

Pandora. The expected release date is October. It is possible that you

will get your Pandora sooner than this as there are a limited number

of places left in Batch 1."

I got this July 2nd, and my order was placed 4 days later.

october is almost a year away, im hoping you will gets yours in time

I was really hoping for some clarification to my questions and other peoples questions on this topic regarding Batch 1 and/or 2.

Oh well, time will tell.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

About the batch discussion etc:

In the recent update (devblog) EvilDragon also pointed to the (seemingly updated) status page.

And in that info, batch 2 is excluded from the “current status” and shipment information.

This indicates everything they’re talking about now / here is just batch one.

No batch 2. And thus very probably no shipment of batch 2 before next year whatsoever …

:( (
But ED has made a point that batch2 will start just after 1st one is finished. ( I can't see any problems with it. ) Shipping is not a slow process compared to testing hardware for e.g. ;)

"Misc Info: Batch 2 is due to start shortly after Batch 1 is finished." from http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en

And did you look at this topic ? Because you sound like you didn't :p

I was really hoping for some clarification to my questions and other peoples questions on this topic regarding Batch 1 and/or 2.

Oh well, time will tell.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Its intresting how some questions are answered, and some are ignored. There seems to be a lot of confusion between when batch 1 and batch 2 Pandora units are complete and shipping to peoples homes. I guess that maybe there is no answer. I have read almost this entire forum today, and I cant figure out a good answer to this question.

I was going to order a Pandora today, but instead of dealing with all this waiting, and not knowing what is happening. I bought a Pandora off of ebay for $550. To me, $150 is worth skipping the hastle. (Though the ebay post did say something about one of the nubs not working perfectly, but Im hopeing I can fix that)

I will just say to the moderator of this forum, that there needs to be a little bit of clarification on a few topics. Even if its just a estimated guess, people need to be able to check the forum, and easily be able to see when they will get the unit they paid for. Example: Units 500-1000 will be delivered early December. Units 1000-1500 will be delivered mid December. Units 1500-2000 will be delivered at the end of December (most likely after christmas), and so on in that fassion. Of course when somone orders a Pandora unit, you need to tell them what unit number they are getting. No batch 1 or batch 2, that to confusing. So if I placed an order today, my unit number is 3453, which is estimated for early Febuary of 2011.

(Note to anyone readng this, this is just my example of how it should be listed. None of the information or estimated delivory times I put up there are accurate)

Its intresting how some questions are answered, and some are ignored. There seems to be a lot of confusion between when batch 1 and batch 2 Pandora units are complete and shipping to peoples homes. I guess that maybe there is no answer. I have read almost this entire forum today, and I cant figure out a good answer to this question.

I was going to order a Pandora today, but instead of dealing with all this waiting, and not knowing what is happening. I bought a Pandora off of ebay for $550. To me, $150 is worth skipping the hastle. (Though the ebay post did say something about one of the nubs not working perfectly, but Im hopeing I can fix that)

I will just say to the moderator of this forum, that there needs to be a little bit of clarification on a few topics. Even if its just a estimated guess, people need to be able to check the forum, and easily be able to see when they will get the unit they paid for. Example: Units 500-1000 will be delivered early December. Units 1000-1500 will be delivered mid December. Units 1500-2000 will be delivered at the end of December (most likely after christmas), and so on in that fassion. Of course when somone orders a Pandora unit, you need to tell them what unit number they are getting. No batch 1 or batch 2, that to confusing. So if I placed an order today, my unit number is 3453, which is estimated for early Febuary of 2011.

(Note to anyone readng this, this is just my example of how it should be listed. None of the information or estimated delivory times I put up there are accurate)
The Pandori after they are assembled aren't all distributed from Village Hall UK ≈ 25% of completed units are bulk shipped to EvilDragon's shop in Deutschland and some are going to Fatih if I'm not mistaken. So breaking these #s down as you have isn't impossible but brings many more variables to the equation.

Regarding questions not being answered, yeah, sometimes I feel as if I'm alone in a room with a big echo around here. My feeling is that beyond the 4000 Pandori available from Batch 1 for purchase, Batch 2 doesn't have a huge que of people waiting right now. People have dropped out of Batch 1 and according to the boards people have been given slots in Batch 1( B) as late as July 2010.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Hi Guys,

I think u all keep forgetting that batch 1 had only 1000 pandori and that batch 2 is 3000 pandori...

U need to read the posts from Evil correct and then u will find that out. Everybody here is talking about 4000 pandori in batch 1 but that is never ever true. There are only 1000.

There are about 700-800 units delivered in batch 1. so about 200 peeps are waiting in batch 1 and then after that, batch 2 will be assambeled. U just need to have a little more patience. In the current updates it looks like about 2000 peeps will get there pandori before christmas (200 of batch 1 and about 1800 in batch 2).

Correct me if i'm wrong Evil.

Hi Guys,

I think u all keep forgetting that batch 1 had only 1000 pandori and that batch 2 is 3000 pandori...

U need to read the posts from Evil correct and then u will find that out. Everybody here is talking about 4000 pandori in batch 1 but that is never ever true. There are only 1000.

There are about 700-800 units delivered in batch 1. so about 200 peeps are waiting in batch 1 and then after that, batch 2 will be assambeled. U just need to have a little more patience. In the current updates it looks like about 2000 peeps will get there pandori before christmas (200 of batch 1 and about 1800 in batch 2).

Correct me if i'm wrong Evil.

That is incorrect, there were 4000 units in both batch 1 & 2.

Don't believe me? check the wiki.

For the first batch, 4000 units were made available to be pre-ordered for $330 USD each. Currently (as of September 2010) these are being assembled and shipped out to customers.
A second batch of 4000 was made available for pre-order in July 2010. The price of the second batch is $349 USD. [1]

nope, you ARE wrong, the first batch is the preorder done 2 years ago, and it's about 4000 pandora, the second batch is the one put up for sale not long ago and is also suposed to be another 4000 pandora, those 900 pandora in the hands of custommers is only the first part of batch1

This is what I mean. There is a great deal of confusion about batch 1 and 2. I just think it all needs some clarification so that everyone is correctly informed on whats happening. It may be hard to do, but it needs to be done. Its only fair to paying coustomers.

... I just think it all needs some clarification so that everyone is correctly informed on whats happening. ...

4000 Units where put up for sale on preorder in 2008. Thats batch 1

When production started, it became obvious the nubs whern't of the required quality.

So they stopped production after the 1000th board that was manufactured

in the mean time preordering for batch2 (also known as: every pandora that isn't batch1/2008) started

now the rest of batch1 + batch2 will be manufactured in 1 continuous assembly.

all the parts required for batch1 (initial 4000) are ready (except the nubs, they'll come soon), batch 2 parts are being assembled and are planned to be ready by the time pandora #4000 is assembled. so the production can continue in a smooth manner.

EDIT:

batch1 pandora's are marked as being from the first 4000 units. every other unit is just a regular pandora as described on the productpage.

^

I disagree here. Batch 2 in all reality hardly exists. There are a tens, dozens, but I doubt hundreds of units preordered for Batch 2. After the next 3000 are finished (completing Batch 1), whoever didn't get bumped down to Batch 1 will have to wait for Batch 2 parts to start being delivered.

There has been no definitive talk of where the boards will be made for Batch 2 with the issues the current board producer and their reliability. There has been no talk of more cases coming from China for Batch 2 other than chatter a few months back that these parts were "ordered". Right, 4000 boards were ordered from the current board producer in 2008 and we have how many finished? I understand the nub issues and the board company may just be waiting for nubs to put on the boards they have and then keep pumping out more boards. Case order was 10000 for Batch 1 (4000) Batch 2 (4000) and Batch 3 (2000). What's happening with the next 4000 (Batch 2)cases?

How many cases are there in the UK now?

While I agree that going from Batch 1 to Batch 2 may be seemless in production as it occurs, the parts need to be on hand to make a Pandora, and that has been the issue in some manner for over a year now.

I've asked these questions numerous times over the past two weeks and get no answer.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

uhmm interesting :) . I ordered mine on Jan 2010 and was on 3900-4000 position at that time.

Now if you are 3250-3500 and ordered in April ...my position is changed very much on the last months .

uhmm interesting :) . I ordered mine on Jan 2010 and was on 3900-4000 position at that time.

Now if you are 3250-3500 and ordered in April ...my position is changed very much on the last months .
What year is Keppy talking about because I ordered mine in September 2009 and I was thinking that I was around 3250-3500 too, but if Keppy is talking about April 2010 then my position like yours has really changed.

Yay :D I might be receiving it right before Christmas.

it appears there is a very high turnover rate of people ordering, then cancelling.

not unreasonable, considering, we've been parted from our money for 2 years.

EDITED for typos

Back