Nubs and a Schedule (2010-11-04)

There are a tens, dozens, but I doubt hundreds of units preordered for Batch 2.

Over three months ago Debs told me that there had been about 500 Batch 2 pre-orders. I dare say they've probably got a couple of thousand by now.

Over three months ago Debs told me that there had been about 500 Batch 2 pre-orders. I dare say they've probably got a couple of thousand by now.
I doubt they have more than 1000, but hey, maybe I'm wrong. I ordered from Batch 2 and was somewhere around 200. Now if you put that 200 into 3800 SOLD first batch units, you get 4000. So my bet is < 500 units sold beyond 4000. Hope I'm wrong.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I doubt they have more than 1000, but hey, maybe I'm wrong. I ordered from Batch 2 and was somewhere around 200. Now if you put that 200 into 3800 SOLD first batch units, you get 4000. So my bet is < 500 units sold beyond 4000. Hope I'm wrong.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I ordered mine on Oct. 14. If you would like to have a relatively accurate idea of how many orders there have been, I can request my queue number and find out.

What year is Keppy talking about because I ordered mine in September 2009 and I was thinking that I was around 3250-3500 too, but if Keppy is talking about April 2010 then my position like yours has really changed.

Yay :D I might be receiving it right before Christmas.

April 2010 :)

Very shortly after I believe batch 1 filled up though. (2- 4 weeks???)

"Your approximate queue position in the second batch is 850 - 950.

Kind regards

Jacquelyn"

Ordered Oct 4...I think - Anyway, I got ^that^ email on the 5th :) .

So if, on October 15th I was told (well, sorta) there were an approximate 950 Pandoras, maximum, there should be close to a thousand now :) . I'm not raising accusations or anything here, this message does kinda look that way - i'm not, just discussing stuff here :)

"Your approximate queue position in the second batch is 850 - 950.

Kind regards

Jacquelyn"

Ordered Oct 4...I think - Anyway, I got ^that^ email on the 5th :) .

So if, on October 15th I was told (well, sorta) there were an approximate 950 Pandoras, maximum, there should be close to a thousand now :) . I'm not raising accusations or anything here, this message does kinda look that way - i'm not, just discussing stuff here :)

October of... 2010? I don't know when batch2 orders were started...

If that quote was from this year... I don't see that as being such a good thing for the company. After all, they intended 4000 orders for each batch.

Oops, yeah, Oct 2010

EDIT: batch2 hasn't started yet, the numbers have likely grown exponentially. Plenty of hope left here. When batch1 is all out the door I foresee a large influx of orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
...the numbers have likely grown exponentially...

Shhhh! I like thinking that I'm mid-early batch2! :)

Not that it matters much to me. I think by the time I get my Pandora (which if I'm lucky will be sometime between Feb-April) I'll think it's a random gift given to me by a stranger rather than something I paid for.

Hopefully by then I'll have enough cash to look around at tech schools. Handheld Magical note-taker/dev system! :D

Well, I ordered around two weeks before Doublebeta, would it be likely to assume I'm say 100 places in front of him? I never did end up asking for my queue position.

I didn't see the point of asking for my queue number. I ordered within an hour of the second batch ordering opening!

batch 2 ordering went live a month or so earlier than mass emails were sent out about it

Glad I was wrong here regarding numbers. Seems like the Developers Blog update on Friday has answered some of my questions as well.

Thanks for that update ED!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

batch 2 ordering went live a month or so earlier than mass emails were sent out about it

That doesn't make any sense. I emailed asking about Batch 2 less than a month before I got the email saying pre-orders were available. Who exactly were the Batch 2 pre-orders available to if people emailing asking about it got turned down?

ok, i ordered mine around the end of september, so I'm in the end of the first thousand. Sweet.

That doesn't make any sense. I emailed asking about Batch 2 less than a month before I got the email saying pre-orders were available. Who exactly were the Batch 2 pre-orders available to if people emailing asking about it got turned down?

That's the thing I don't think anybody was being turned down, just queued to the next batch.. Was anybody here turned down from ordering?

That's the thing I don't think anybody was being turned down, just queued to the next batch.. Was anybody here turned down from ordering?

Well I was at first; that's my point. When I first emailed about ordering Debs said they weren't taking any orders at the moment, but I was on the mailing list to be notified when they were. The next email was almost a month later (1st July) saying they were now open.

Any Nub news?

Are the Nubs OK - have they passed the QC testing at the factory?

Is there a shipment on the way to Texas?

I've been following this thread with interest, but it's pretty much devolved into random conjecture and opinion. About the only thing known for sure about batch two WRT ordered parts/shipping dates seems to be that no direct and unambiguous statements have been made.

The only "official" statement *I* have seen was an email sent to me by Jacquelyn early September [2010] - saying batch two should be released November [2010]. So I haven't seen anything posted by ED in this section of the boards that can be read as directly contradicting this.

Not that I am actually expecting delivery before Christmas, mind you. But is it just me, or do a bunch of first-batchers seem to harboring resentment that second-batchers might get their units at the same time?

I'm pretty philosophical about waiting as long as necessary for my turn - it doesn't really bother me to be honest. But I AM looking forward to getting my unit, and I think the questions raised about batch two in this thread are entirely reasonable. Second-batchers have parted with their hard earned too, and should not be treated second-class.

What 3jane says is true, if a bit optimistic :)

And also if you first batchers haven't noticed, us second batchers actually paid more for our Pandoras ($330USD for batch 1 & $349 USD for batch 2).

Well, seeing as the first post in this thread, indeed all threads in this section, are from one of the OP team then you can take that as an official statement.

Considering it is talking about the boards for the first batch of Pandas then I would have said it sort of does contradict the email you have been sent.

You should be using this section of the forums as an update to the email you have received.

Just my thoughts.

Back