Nubs: 100% Success! (2010 - 11 - 21)

This is my first post since the boards have moved, but I've been watching the boards since I put my pre-order in over a year ago. (I'm around 3,500, or so.) I felt it was time to speak up and be clear on one point. Like so many others have posted, I will NOT cancel my order, and I'm glad that there are others who feel the same way.

Frankly, I feel I have already received my money's worth just by following the ups and downs of such an interesting story and being a (small) part of it, as well.

Anyway, OP: don't worry, I'll ride it out. You are doing something really great. (But do please hurry! :) )

Dr. Klaw

I too am a first day pre-orderer.

As soon as I sent the money, after the banking stuff, I kissed the cash goodbye.

I knew the risks of the project and thought the reward more than outweighed that risk.

I am not rich, I don't have a lot of money, but the Pandora is something that I just really want to own, then I will never have a need for something like a PSP or 3DS.

So I also will never cancel, I have my fingers crossed for the team and hope all this gets sorted soon.

ED, I know it is easier said than done, but don't stress, there are many more patient people in the queue.

I think I really understand all the angry people... but please, take a minute to think onto this:

Even if you are able to receive your unit tomorrow, but the project dies in a month or two... you will only have a piece of hardware.

I beleive this is not only about the handheld itself... to survive and become something, it will need a supporting comunity behind in the next years...

As the people in the previous posts, I will not quit... hoping than all the people do the same...

Regards.

P.D: At this (non-returning) point, I think we must be happier with a new coder announcing his support for the pandora, than for the updates from nubs or MoBo productions...

(And sorry about my english quality)

Well, I'm one of those guys who think that life works best if you get along with people and if people try to help out each other (similar to the whole OpenSource idea, basically).

To that's what I'm trying to do: Be helpful and try to create amazing things together with the community.
Who knows what long lasting evil scheme lies behind these words...

;) Kids are always fun :D
See, I told you! He is after your kids!

I think I really understand all the angry people... but please, take a minute to think onto this:

Even if you are able to receive your unit tomorrow, but the project dies in a month or two... you will only have a piece of hardware
That is not true, we have the drivers for everything now and those can be incorporated into every Linux distro and there are a ton of ARM distors that have ARM versions. If OP goes under it does not mean that every Pandora they got out will just brick, that makes no sense. Some of the people that have gotten it already are devs and they won't stop improving the software.

read: OPEN HARDWARE that runs OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE

You are FAR FAR more likely to have updates for this if the company goes under than your Nintendo or Sony device if they bought the big one or were even just bought out by another company.

That is not true, we have the drivers for everything now and those can be incorporated into every Linux distro and there are a ton of ARM distors that have ARM versions. If OP goes under it does not mean that every Pandora they got out will just brick, that makes no sense. Some of the people that have gotten it already are devs and they won't stop improving the software.

read: OPEN HARDWARE that runs OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE

You are FAR FAR more likely to have updates for this if the company goes under than your Nintendo or Sony device if they bought the big one or were even just bought out by another company.

Mmmm... You are right, I agree with your explanation, but even taking this as true, the best posible scenario is a healthy Pandora Team in the background...

don't you agree? ;)

Hi Craig,

I take it with "these new boards" you mean the ones that the 150 Nubs were tested with lately, correct? Are they already on their way to UK? Can you estimate how many of them will go to Germany round about? Thanks in advance.

Ahem, Craig, ED? Any comment on this? Did these boards go straight into the trashcan or are they just waiting for...don't know...christmas maybe? Sorry for all the others who don't mind, but sending maybe ten to twenty of these to germany in the next days would definately make my christmas vacation. Otherwise I can't see my unit arriving this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem, Craig, ED? Any comment on this? Did these boards go straight into the trashcan or are they just waiting for...don't know...christmas maybe? Sorry for all the others who don't mind, but sending maybe ten to twenty of these to germany in the next days would definately make my christmas vacation. Otherwise I can't see my unit arriving this year.

AFAIK they are waiting for the rest of the 1000 boards to be finished.

Well send one to Craig to finish my Pandora as well.. since your requesting..

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK they are waiting for the rest of the 1000 boards to be finished.

Thx for the fast reply. Well that was kind of what I feared was the case. Your so very right by saying "they are waiting for the rest of the 1000 boards to be finished" as that is exactly what I think is what these guys are and will be doing for the rest of 2010. One should tell them that finishing the boards rather than waiting for them to be finished could be the real deal. It's good to know though that my Pandora could have arrived just in time for christmas if only there had been reason enough for the board factory to send these few boards over to the uk and further to germany rather than f...ing waiting for hell to freeze over and 1000 more boards to be finished two months after.

I really don't accuse anyone here for anything. I know that sending this small amount of boards alone doesn't pay off for OPT, but it really makes me freak out these days.

Back