Release Mupen64Plus new version runs Zelda OOT and much more !!

Are your tons zipped or unzipped? I think they all need to be unzipped to be detected by this emulator.

(null)

Are your tons zipped or unzipped? I think they all need to be unzipped to be detected by this emulator.

(null)
I've just done a quick check and it appears that mupen cannot read .7z files, so you're probably right. FWIW my unzipped roms work fine in both .v64 and .z64 format.

(null)
I've just done a quick check and it appears that mupen cannot read .7z files, so you're probably right. FWIW my unzipped roms work fine in both .v64 and .z64 format.

I really shouldn't post when I've just woken up at 5am, my spelling (and indeed ipod spellchecking), leave much to be desired at that stage of the morning! At least you understood what I meant to say ;)

(null)

I really shouldn't post when I've just woken up at 5am, my spelling (and indeed ipod spellchecking), leave much to be desired at that stage of the morning! At least you understood what I meant to say ;)
Notice I said you're 'probably' right - I was hedging my bets :p

For me this does not work: I load a v64 file, get a black screen and that's it.
Which ROM are you trying to run, and which version of MuPen are you using?

I've tried a few, Zelda and Bomberman for example.

I've used the version that is on the repo site.

Interesting. I'm using the same version, and have had no trouble at all loading any roms. Perhaps try a .z64 rom instead?

I do have them on a separate SD card (I have 1 for programs, 1 for roms), could that be a problem?

At the moment I do not have any .z64 images.

I've been able to boot up one game: Destruction Derby, but is is *way* to slow to even try to play it, even on 800mhz.

Also the "config" part only looks for .v64 files and not .V64 (notice the capital), maybe something for in the next version.

For me this does not work: I load a v64 file, get a black screen and that's it.
Which ROM are you trying to run, and which version of MuPen are you using?

I've tried a few, Zelda and Bomberman for example.

I've used the version that is on the repo site.

Interesting. I'm using the same version, and have had no trouble at all loading any roms. Perhaps try a .z64 rom instead?

I do have them on a separate SD card (I have 1 for programs, 1 for roms), could that be a problem?

At the moment I do not have any .z64 images.

I've been able to boot up one game: Destruction Derby, but is is *way* to slow to even try to play it, even on 800mhz.

Also the "config" part only looks for .v64 files and not .V64 (notice the capital), maybe something for in the next version.
What plugins are you using for Video/audio?

N64 games should play about like this http://newweb.openpandora.org/jupgrade/en/viewvideo-en?start=9

What plugins are you using for Video/audio?

N64 games should play about like this http://newweb.openpa...ideo-en?start=9

I think I did not change a single thing yet. Those vids do not look anything like how mine plays.

Checked the config: gles2n64 0.0.5 @ 800x480 and notaz OSS audio r2
Let me check the settings I used to take those videos one second

EDIT:

cpu core - dynamic recompiler

plugins - gles2n64 V0.0.4/notaz OSS audio r1

autoframe skip = 0 - under configure

Just did a test with starfox and it works if not better than that video

EDIT : If you read the descriptions I do have my pandora overclocked at 900mhz OPP5

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have that version of the sound plugin, is it faster than the 0.2 version?

(null)

You could try putting the ROMs on the same card as the emulator, but it shouldn't really matter. Considering that I've never has problems using MuPen straight out of the box, I'm beginning to think it could be a bad ROM dump/download.

EDIT: Also, as mentioned above you will almost certainly have to overclock to get some games running. A good test to see if your emulator is running properly is to get your hands on a Super Mario 64 ROM, which should work near-perfect at the stock speed. If you have trouble loading that, then you've got problems OC'ing can't fix.

If the emulator didn't see the file format, you can use "All files (*.*)" in the checkbox for file extensions. The rest shouldn't matter. In theory, you can even rename Mario.n64 to Zelda.vc4, the Emulator should read the correct ROM name.

You can control my tip in /appdata/mupen64plus-r1/out.txt, if you like. If you have problems, in the out.txt, you should find an error report.

For better speed, OC is highly recommended. My Pandora runns stable @ max. 1036MHz. Some Pandora user reported, they only get 850 MHz stable. Find you highest under load stable setting first.

For example Zelda-Majoras Mask runs smoother, if you set auto-frameskip to 0. If you set it to 1 or higher it looks like a dia-show.

I've made a compasion video of Mupen64 for Pandora, N900 and Android. You can see how slow the Pandora seemds. Now with auto-fs=0, it runs so smooth like the N900.

But unfortunately the Repro version has the same bug like the Android version from Mupen64-AE.

Other games needs other settings for optimial performance. If you find a good setting, you can edit gles2n64rom.conf to set thes values automatically for the next time.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/YINM5QAj_NA?feature=oembed

Just tried to play with config files and NOW "Super Mario 64" works great !!

Before this tweak it was playable, but there was some sort of low fps, not at big issue, but it gave me headache...

My configuration is not at all different from the default:

800 Mhz

Video: gles2n64 v.0.0.5

- auto frameskip = 0

- frame render rate = 0 (<- this one makes THE difference !!)

Audio: notaz's OSS audio r2

The only issue I have now is the sound that sometimes is laggy, but for 1/2 sec every 5 minutes or so...

Back