Release Mupen64Plus new version runs Zelda OOT and much more !!

I don't know if it's just me but every time I press start to enter the menu it takes a few seconds to load. I wouldn't want to play the water temple like that where you're constantly equipping the iron boots. Although I'm only playing Zelda as a test, I'm waiting for the 3DS version really to play through it yet again.

That is a common problem in OoT on emulators. Project64 had a cheat for this in its cheat database. If you didn't turn it on it took even longer to open the inventory than on the pandora (it was about 30 seconds i think).

I just recognized, that some textures won't load when i enter a building (e.g. the Kokiri-shop). There are just yellow surfaces all around. The models are looking normal though.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot: the game appears a bit dark and i can't get the screen brighter (it's already set to maximum brightness). Same thing happens in Dega, everything else is OK so far.

Maybe someone can give me a little help here :unsure:

I don't know if it's just me but every time I press start to enter the menu it takes a few seconds to load. I wouldn't want to play the water temple like that where you're constantly equipping the iron boots. Although I'm only playing Zelda as a test, I'm waiting for the 3DS version really to play through it yet again.

That is a common problem in OoT on emulators. Project64 had a cheat for this in its cheat database. If you didn't turn it on it took even longer to open the inventory than on the pandora (it was about 30 seconds i think).

I just recognized, that some textures won't load when i enter a building (e.g. the Kokiri-shop). There are just yellow surfaces all around. The models are looking normal though.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot: the game appears a bit dark and i can't get the screen brighter (it's already set to maximum brightness). Same thing happens in Dega, everything else is OK so far.

Maybe someone can give me a little help here :unsure:

You can set higher gamma etc. in the lcd configurationdialog.

You can set higher gamma etc. in the lcd configurationdialog.
Thanks, i've had a short look there a few days ago, but i somehow didn't figure it out. Maybe this evening i'll take a closer look.

Oh, by the way, i tried Majora's Mask and except for a bit stuttering sound it seems to work quite well with this version of the emulator!

I'm running it at 800 Mhz (every time i set it higher the emu crashes).

I did not exactly try 801 ;)

Usualy i try clocking in 50-steps so it was 850 and above. I didn't change the OPP so i think it should be at 3.

I got OoT running for a short period with 950 and i didn't recognize any major change in FPS nor sound (Kokiri is still a bit of a framedropper) so i keep at 800 for the moment and wait where it will get me throughout the game.

My Pandora has the following results:

OPP3 = Max stability @ 850 Mhz, so anything over and it freezes.

OPP4 = N/A, because I don't care to overvolt it at this OPP range.

OPP5 = Max stability @ 1010 Mhz (1 Ghz), so anything over and it freezes.

I have mine on OPP5 all the time and most of the time it is @ 1Ghz speed. Don't be scared to go to OPP5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, i'll try that with OPP 5, thank you!

I didn't do it because i was afraid, it might be too much for the cpu to run it on that level for a longer period, but when you say it's OK then i'm going to trust you ;)

My Pandora has the following results:

OPP3 = Max stability @ 850 Mhz, so anything over and it freezes.

OPP4 = N/A, because I don't care to overvolt it at this OPP range.

OPP5 = Max stability @ 1010 Mhz (1 Ghz), so anything over and it freezes.

I have mine on OPP5 all the time and most of the time it is @ 1Ghz speed. Don't be scared to go to OPP5.

Just curious, hows battery life?

Arrgh!!.. every time i see a new post in this thread, i'm praying that it's some news that Ari, Adventus etc.. have managed to work some voodoo & bestow upon us a major speed/compatibility improvement.. FECK!! So frustrating!

EDIT:

Err.. double FECK!, just dawned on me me that i have contributed to my own (and other people's) frustrations.. Bugger!!, never mind.. OOT 3D on friday YAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have anyone got past the temple of time yet? After geting the three first spirit stones? The game freezes right when i try to enter the castle.. :(

Back