Release Mupen64Plus new version runs Zelda OOT and much more !!

Thank you, sir! I figured as much, but I've not had the chance to really mess with this yet.

I don't understand your problems. You haven't even got to deal with directories: Just set you rom directory once and all the games will appear in the list. It's almost finger friendly and their are Hotkeys for almost everything. And for editing complex configs an interface like now is ok, too.
It stopped saving the ROM dir for me several versions ago. I have to go fishing for them every time.

I don't understand your problems. You haven't even got to deal with directories: Just set you rom directory once and all the games will appear in the list. It's almost finger friendly and their are Hotkeys for almost everything. And for editing complex configs an interface like now is ok, too.
It stopped saving the ROM dir for me several versions ago. I have to go fishing for them every time.

once I'd figured out how to do it, it worked fine for the versions I had. Have missed out on the more recent updates so I can't check at present, had to return my Pandora due to nubs starting to die (yes I've had it a bit). Hope it won't be too long before I get it's replacement into my hands again, looking forward to trying out this updated N64 goodness (fingers crossed there'll be no issues with my new Pandora!!)

It's a clat, but here we are.

Open Mupen, set config, find ROM directory, use left-shoulder to move window up, click "Apply" then close config. Close Mupen.

On re-launch, it should find your ROMs.

Also: have you applied the SD-Card fix that ED posted a while back? SD cards in HF5 have an awful habit of changing their names (for example, mine is "SD1" - every other boot it changes to "SD1-1", so emulators "lose" the folder).

Go here.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine used to save also and currently it doesn't. I'm always pushing something that I shouldn't and going somewhere I don't want to go, it's just a pain really.

Thanks for the tips dunny, but my left shouder is broke, so this leaves me out anyway.

Chris

The now pnd dos open another appdata direktory which means you has to move your savefile from the old to the new appdata thats a thing that dit worryd me too first but now i dit understand whats wrong

super smash bros at 640 mhz btw , thats quite awesome :rolleyes:

Mine used to save also and currently it doesn't. I'm always pushing something that I shouldn't and going somewhere I don't want to go, it's just a pain really.

Thanks for the tips dunny, but my left shouder is broke, so this leaves me out anyway.

Chris

Send a PM to Prometheus, she knows how to remap it to another button, iirc.

D.

Yeah, still no luck with saving the ROM path for some reason. No problem getting it to do the first scan, but on next launch the path is gone. Same on HF4 and 5 (and probably 3). Same after completely wiping Mupen appdata and starting from scratch several times. Maybe it has some arbitrary issue with the name of my SD card (CANON_DC... I used it in a camera first, and C_BF changing it.)

Send a PM to Prometheus, she knows how to remap it to another button, iirc.

D.
I don't know how, per se (as I haven't needed to) - I just know that how is listed in the tweaks thread in the Support section. :)

How on earth does one exit the program when running a ROM? Also, Kirby's face is missing in Kirby 64 until you make him suck something up.

Can we control the sensitivity of the nub? I find it very, very hard to make Mario only walk in Mario 64, for instance. Would changing those CALIB settings in the input config do anything?
Sure although it's not entirely straight-forward...

Options>Input Settings

scroll down to the bottom of the text file and you will see

Code:
CALIB_LEFT[0]=0.50000

CALIB_LEFT[1]=0.50000

CALIB_LEFT[2]=0.10000

CALIB_LEFT[3]=0.10000

I have been experimenting with values and I'm currently on:

Code:
CALIB_LEFT[0]=0.70000

CALIB_LEFT[1]=0.70000

CALIB_LEFT[2]=0.30000

CALIB_LEFT[3]=0.30000

This is working alright but I'm still trying to tweak it to get a nice range.

tried this and it helped playing with the values. Sadly my left nub is borked somewhat as its a one nubber, can I not use the analog stick and use my dpad instead?

I played Zelda last night at 1050mhz and it seemed quite abit faster than your video :) What speed were you playing at when you made that?

I was running it at 900mhz. Not sure I want to turn it up much more :p I tried at 1050mhz as you said and it's a bit faster but still wouldnt want to play through the game like this. And I probably couldnt :p

My performance isn't that great either. I'm just checking in case performance at higher clocks are exceptionally faster than it was in your video.

anyone get paper mario working on this yet? my intro scene is all messed up then the screen blacks out, ive tested the rom and it works otherwise

I'm using the newest build (from March 10th). Is anyone else having trouble exiting the emulator? The Pandora key doesn't work for me anymore, and I've tried mapping it to another key (in this case, 'q'). The only thing I can do is to hold down the Pandora key and hope that I can catch the kill menu, which is random.

I've tried deleting the mupen folder out of appdata as well as deleting and replacing the PND. Neither has done anything. I don't have any special keyboard shortcuts associated with the Pandora key, and I honestly cannot think of what might have caused this, but it may have started when I tried changing the nub calibration using the instructions above (but honestly, I'm not sure how that would have affected it and I've reset all the settings since then). I'm on HF5.

Anyone else seeing this?

I played Zelda last night at 1050mhz and it seemed quite abit faster than your video :) What speed were you playing at when you made that?

I was running it at 900mhz. Not sure I want to turn it up much more :p I tried at 1050mhz as you said and it's a bit faster but still wouldnt want to play through the game like this. And I probably couldnt :p

My performance isn't that great either. I'm just checking in case performance at higher clocks are exceptionally faster than it was in your video.

Playing Zelda at 99/100% speed at 800mhz, with frameskip set to 1. And sound on.

It depends on what you are willing to give up to get better performance.

ps. thanks for the Graphics update, can play one of the cruis'n games (forget which one) at 80% speed, with frameskip 1.

Also Pod racer seems smoother and the graphics are no longer corrupted.

Playing Zelda at 99/100% speed at 800mhz, with frameskip set to 1. And sound on.

ps. thanks for the Graphics update, can play one of the cruis'n games (forget which one) at 80% speed, with frameskip 1.

Frameskip 1 is frame skip0 isn't it? Or has that changed now?

This is the first time I tried Mupen. I have two huge issues. In the options screen to set database path and plugins I cannot see the apply button at the bottom because the window is too large. Also I have noticed while mupen is open my nubs dont work at all. Once I quit Mupen the nubs work again. Thanks!

I played Zelda at 900 mhz and its slow, you are saying 99% of fullspeed. I am saying more like 60% speed at its best.

Back