Release Mupen64Plus new version runs Zelda OOT and much more !!

Hi Gruso and thanks for your comment. I really didn't mean to demand anything here. Even I were speaking directly to the responsible person I wouldn't do something like that. I just wanted to make sure that there are issues apart from performance and compatibility which could be taken care of in order to improve the emulator.

Thank you also for your config, I forgot that thing about the ABXY buttons being referred to as Up, down etc. This will already be much of a help for me. Could you also please explain what could be the effort of adding picklelauncher as you said?

No probs :) I presume you meant to ask what the benefits of Picklelauncher would be? If so - it would give us a much more handheld-friendly interface, easily operated by d-pad / fingers instead of the fiddly picker we have now (which won't even save the rom path :( ). But, that's mostly superficial stuff, and it would not help us access deeper functions like button mappings, save states, etc etc.

What it really needs is a Notaz-style GUI (as seen in Picodrive, PCSXreARMed etc). For my money it's the perfect emu interface. One can dream.

jayfoxrox has left the pandora scene to my knowledge,so dont depend on him anymore for anything

What it really needs is a Notaz-style GUI (as seen in Picodrive, PCSXreARMed etc). For my money it's the perfect emu interface. One can dream.
The current GUI is the gtk GUI from Mupen64Plus v1.5. I didn't modify it at all.

One of the changes in 1.99.4 is that you can replace the GUI. Maybe someone wants to try writing one? I haven't looked into it.

using picklelauncher shouldnt be a problem then but it would mean no way to get to the config options,, mmmm could do with another small app / zenity script which allows for changing options, a bit like dega ( i think ) does

Can we control the sensitivity of the nub? I find it very, very hard to make Mario only walk in Mario 64, for instance. Would changing those CALIB settings in the input config do anything?

What it really needs is a Notaz-style GUI (as seen in Picodrive, PCSXreARMed etc).

I totally agree with on this one.
Oh GOD, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

I think Mupen is awesome, but the frontend(or lack of one)that is in place is beyond terrible, and actually keeps me from using it most of the time.

Notaz, Ari64, SteveM, Zod, somebody? ;)

Chris

I don't understand your problems. You haven't even got to deal with directories: Just set you rom directory once and all the games will appear in the list. It's almost finger friendly and their are Hotkeys for almost everything. And for editing complex configs an interface like now is ok, too.

I think that maybe the issue people are having with their roms is simply that they've not set up the filepath to the appropriate directory from the configuration menu? (if you're simply loading up a rom individually, you will indeed need to navigate there every time) Once that is pointed in the right direction, all your available roms should appear in the main window. Perfectly finger friendly then! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong I know it's functional, but compared to a Picodrive or PCSX-Rearmed front end I think it falls behind as far as it being as presentable.

Can we control the sensitivity of the nub? I find it very, very hard to make Mario only walk in Mario 64, for instance. Would changing those CALIB settings in the input config do anything?
Sure although it's not entirely straight-forward...

Options>Input Settings

scroll down to the bottom of the text file and you will see

Code:
CALIB_LEFT[0]=0.50000

CALIB_LEFT[1]=0.50000

CALIB_LEFT[2]=0.10000

CALIB_LEFT[3]=0.10000

I have been experimenting with values and I'm currently on:

Code:
CALIB_LEFT[0]=0.70000

CALIB_LEFT[1]=0.70000

CALIB_LEFT[2]=0.30000

CALIB_LEFT[3]=0.30000

This is working alright but I'm still trying to tweak it to get a nice range.

Back