Release Mupen64Plus new version runs Zelda OOT and much more !!

How do I upgrade this - do I simply copy the new version over the old or do I need to delete the original pnd file plus the appdata directory and let Mupen64Plus reset the file structure?
I just copy over it with the new version.Works for me.

Excellent - thank you (looking forward to trying Zelda tonight)
Actually better to delete the previous mupen data as it caused the new update to not load.I fixed
it and now the updated mupen is fine.Sorry

someone wonna shoot a video of how new mupen is doing with zelda, kerby, paper mario and whatnot and throw it on the tubes?

It's a new update (the new uploads are actual NEW software), but back when we had the appstore thread people didn't want the front page cluttered with a 3rd row.

I can bring it back.

Is there a direct link for new updates? I like to periodically (heh daily?) check what software I have that has gotten an update.

Tried playing zelda with it, but not very fast :p And some textures are bugged

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I upgrade this - do I simply copy the new version over the old or do I need to delete the original pnd file plus the appdata directory and let Mupen64Plus reset the file structure?
I just copy over it with the new version.Works for me.

Excellent - thank you (looking forward to trying Zelda tonight)
Actually better to delete the previous mupen data as it caused the new update to not load.I fixed
it and now the updated mupen is fine.Sorry

No problem (and no big deal doing a full install) - thanks again ;-)

I played Zelda last night at 1050mhz and it seemed quite abit faster than your video :) What speed were you playing at when you made that?

I played Zelda last night at 1050mhz and it seemed quite abit faster than your video :) What speed were you playing at when you made that?

I was running it at 900mhz. Not sure I want to turn it up much more :p I tried at 1050mhz as you said and it's a bit faster but still wouldnt want to play through the game like this. And I probably couldnt :p

I was running it at 900mhz. Not sure I want to turn it up much more :p I tried at 1050mhz as you said and it's a bit faster but still wouldnt want to play through the game like this. And I probably couldnt :p

Is this with any frame skip?

I triet it out, yes, but im probatly the only one who dont want to play okarina of time on the pandora, because: in about 4 Monts, in june, okarina of time 3DS gets released whit lot better graphics and sound, and whitout the need too overclock to 800mhz...,

which other games dos work well too now?

Is this with any frame skip?

Yeah it is

Havn't tried any other games that didn't work before, mario runs good but it kinda did already.

strange, i tried mine out at 750MHz and 800MHz and it ran faster than this. remapped the C buttons and beat the deku tree only to get a random crash (being discussed on GP32X beta testing forum). which plugin are you using? 4f? i actually didnt notice much speed difference between skipping of 2, 3 and 4 though 4 definitely gets very noticeable

While there is some really great improvement being achieved lately I cannot quite understand why it seems impossible to fix two big issues:

1) The Hotkeys cannot be redefined, so there is no possibility to save or load a state except you enable a windowed mode and do it via the menu entries.

Fullscreen-Mode of course cannot be toggled in game as well.

2) Since the version that came out in mid december 2010 (I think) I'm unable to remap the C-Buttons to anything other than the right nub. I'd love to map the C-Buttons to A,B,X,Y and the A,B Buttons to O and P on the keypad, but I can't seem to get this working.

While I love the performance and greatly appreciate the hard work that has been and still is being spend on this gem I seriously beg of you to fix these two issues in one of the next updates.

I agree that there are some basic features missing. The problem is that it's the work of quite a few people who have made very specific contributions; Ari64 wrote the dynarec, so issues related to graphics & input plugins are not his domain. Adventus and now bzfrank have done graphics plugin work, they cannot help with things like savestates or button mapping. JayFoxRox is the man behind the input plugin, he can't help give it a decent GUI. You get my point. We don't have the undivided attention of all these guys at any one time.

I've requested that Picklelauncher is added, and I suspect Jay might be able to help us with some issues too. But we can't demand these things of them. (Hint: Jay hangs out in IRC, not on the forums. Perhaps no one has ever just asked him. ;) )

Good news though. I remapped my controls last night, and have been meaning to re-post the details on these boards. Here's my post from GP32X:

Ok, this keymap is now my setup for Road Rash (mirroring how I do it in Surreal64 on the Xbox). Road Rash isn't much like OOT, but the C buttons are now mapped to ABXY so this should be a good starting point for other games. To apply this keymap, open Mupen64, select 'Configure Input' from menu and replace all text with this.

(Note that the Pandora's ABXY buttons are actually known as Button Up, Button Down, Button Right etc, not to be confused with Button Dpad Up etc).

Here's a rundown of how this layout works in Road Rash.

• Left nub is N64 stick (as per default).
  • Left shoulder is Z. This means your left index finger is on the throttle.
  • Right shoulder is A. This means your right index finger does wheelies.
  • Right nub down is B, aka the brake. Sounds like a strange mapping, but really works in game.
  • ABXY are the C buttons.
  • The N64's L and R buttons aren't used in this scenario, so are mapped to 9 and 0 (within reach of right thumb).
  • Start is still start.
  • The emulator exit button is now X, instead of the Pandora button which annoyingly launched the XFCE menu too.

Code:
#PPSP Input Plugin for N64

#by JayFoxRox and Adventus.

#These values specify the analog mapping:

N64 ANALOG=ANALOG LEFT

#These values specify the button mapping:

N64 DPAD UP=BUTTON DPAD UP

N64 DPAD DOWN=BUTTON DPAD DOWN

N64 DPAD LEFT=BUTTON DPAD LEFT

N64 DPAD RIGHT=BUTTON DPAD RIGHT

N64 A=BUTTON R

N64 B=ANALOG RIGHT DOWN : 64

N64 L=KBOARD 9

N64 R=KBOARD 0

N64 Z=BUTTON L

N64 C UP=BUTTON UP

N64 C DOWN=BUTTON DOWN

N64 C LEFT=BUTTON LEFT

N64 C RIGHT=BUTTON RIGHT

N64 START=BUTTON START

EXIT EMULATOR=KBOARD X

#These values specify the analog calibration function

#in = [0,255], out = [0, 255]

#out = in*v[0] + in^2 * v[1] + in^3 * v[2] ....

CALIB LEFT[0]=0.500000

CALIB LEFT[1]=0.500000

CALIB LEFT[2]=0.200000

CALIB LEFT[3]=0.200000

CALIB RIGHT[0]=0.500000

CALIB RIGHT[1]=0.500000

CALIB RIGHT[2]=0.200000

CALIB RIGHT[3]=0.200000

(Note: This info applies to the PPSP input plugin only.)

Back