Is there really a light at the end of the journey...?

Lets see... We've touched on keyboard layout, camera presence/absence ... what is next/controversial?

Yeah the digs on modern devices is fun, but I wouldn't have minded the Pyra getting a little more streamlined compared to the Pandora.

The Pyra needs to be much, much thinner than the Pandora, but also still suited for my hyooge hands!

Yeah the digs on modern devices is fun, but I wouldn't have minded the Pyra getting a little more streamlined compared to the Pandora.

That being said I'll be happy to get one no matter what shape.
No, needs more blockiness. What the hell is wrong with you?
[doublepost=1528852206,1528852089][/doublepost]
The Pyra needs to be much, much thinner than the Pandora, but also still suited for my hyooge hands!
If it is thinner people will complain about it cutting into their hands, like the Pandora. Can't have that with the Pyra, too.

With or without Trojans preinstalled?

Sent from my Moto Z using Tapatalk
I want Trojans as Trojans and Pyra go together perfectly. Isn't Pyra some Greek creature?
The Trojan Horse is a tale from the Trojan Warabout the subterfuge that the Greeks used to enter the independent city of Troy and win the war. In the canonical version, after a fruitless 10-year siege, the Greeks constructed a huge wooden horse, and hid a select force of men inside. The Greeks pretended to sail away, and the Trojans pulled the horse into their city as a victory trophy. That night the Greek force crept out of the horse and opened the gates for the rest of the Greek army, which had sailed back under cover of night. The Greeks entered and destroyed the city of Troy, ending the war.

Yes, Pyrrah was the daugher of Pandora and Epimethieus. The Greek fought against the Trojans though the Trojan War and after the city was beseiged for 10 years the greeks figured up this horse idea to get into the city. It was all Helen's (queEN OF SPARTA!) fault for going off with Paris (of Troy). So basically the Greeks and the Trojans (from Troy) were neighbours who had a big old war. Not ideal bed-fellows as it goes.

I think the pandora was a good size. If it had been any smaller, it would've been hard for me to hold it comfortably with two hands, especially if I wanted to use the shoulder buttons; had it been much bigger, it wouldn't have been so convenient to carry around.

I'm also not quite happy with the Pyra being a clamshell-device.
This form-factor would suit much better the needs of most people - I'm sure of this! No poll needed here for sure.

image_proxy

Everybody wants to ride a trojan Pyra!

I read somewhere that the Pyra is going to be dry like every other device on the market. What will distinguish it from the hundreds of other phones? You need to cancel production and make it WET. Maybe you can do this by including a moisturizer dispenser in the case, or maybe just some paint that doesn't dry and stays tacky. People like me with dry hands will flock to the Pyra as the only solution. You can even sell replacement moisturizer packets, or extra paint, so we can re-apply the wetness at home.

Instead of making it wet the case should be coated with this material:

image_proxy

Feels very nice and sticky! This is the closest you will get to "wet" without the need to reapply moisturer. And once you drop it on the floor you can grow all kinds of little animals on your Pyra. This is a whole new level of (HASHTAG) #realtamagotchi experience. #livingpyra #bacteriapyra

Instead of making it wet the case should be coated with this material:

image_proxy

Feels very nice and sticky! This is the closest you will get to "wet" without the need to reapply moisturer. And once you drop it on the floor you can grow all kinds of little animals on your Pyra. This is a whole new level of (HASHTAG) #realtamagotchi experience. #livingpyra #bacteriapyra

Or just rub it on your cat for an instant fur coat, possibly with bonus scratches.

I've been more of a lurker here for a while, but I've been following this Pyra project from the start. ED, I just wanted to say I admire your resilience regarding all those issues and obstacles. Many would have given up, so congratulations for being so commited to this project. I'm sure you're almost there now! It will have been a bumpy ride for sure, but it will be an impressive achievement in the end. Keep up the great work!

Finally, after a long, long search for the reason, Tony Lindgren found the real issue for 4GB RAM crashes.
It was a hardware and software fix.

Can I read details about that somewhere? I really like to know more about things like these.

You write that they will make new one whit out the layer,

Wasn’t the Layer important???

I thought the same, and you were right about that, meanwhile I managed to find the thread:

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/reflect-the-leds.76540/#post-1357837

2. The PCB will have a huge white silklayer. Then the light will also be reflected back from the PCB. Thanks to 1. and 2. together, the light will not be absorbed but distributed inside the whole keymat.

Therefore I'd appreciate if that could somehow be sorted out ... sorry ED, but that's the downside of openness. People want to know. :)

Back