1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Is there really a light at the end of the journey...?

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Jun 10, 2018.

1. NOP

NOP Still Fresh

Brick is the best shape :)

mclien, rSl and rygD like this.
  2. Eight Bit

Eight Bit Advanced Member

Brick is the new Hip!

rSl, rygD and levi like this.
  3. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

The Pyra needs to be much, much thinner than the Pandora, but also still suited for my hyooge hands!

4. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

No, needs more blockiness. What the hell is wrong with you?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 13, 2018 ---
    If it is thinner people will complain about it cutting into their hands, like the Pandora. Can't have that with the Pyra, too.

5. DougOnEarth

DougOnEarth Member

Like Hewy said, "it's hip to be square"!

rSl and Dark Pulse like this.
  6. Hồng Thất Công

Hồng Thất Công Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp

I want Trojans as Trojans and Pyra go together perfectly. Isn't Pyra some Greek creature?
    The Trojan Horse is a tale from the Trojan Warabout the subterfuge that the Greeks used to enter the independent city of Troy and win the war. In the canonical version, after a fruitless 10-year siege, the Greeks constructed a huge wooden horse, and hid a select force of men inside. The Greeks pretended to sail away, and the Trojans pulled the horse into their city as a victory trophy. That night the Greek force crept out of the horse and opened the gates for the rest of the Greek army, which had sailed back under cover of night. The Greeks entered and destroyed the city of Troy, ending the war.

7. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Yes, Pyrrah was the daugher of Pandora and Epimethieus. The Greek fought against the Trojans though the Trojan War and after the city was beseiged for 10 years the greeks figured up this horse idea to get into the city. It was all Helen's (queEN OF SPARTA!) fault for going off with Paris (of Troy). So basically the Greeks and the Trojans (from Troy) were neighbours who had a big old war. Not ideal bed-fellows as it goes.

rSl and Hồng Thất Công like this.
  8. cuantar

cuantar Wizard

I think the pandora was a good size. If it had been any smaller, it would've been hard for me to hold it comfortably with two hands, especially if I wanted to use the shoulder buttons; had it been much bigger, it wouldn't have been so convenient to carry around.

9. tarator

tarator Very Active Member

I'm also not quite happy with the Pyra being a clamshell-device.
    This form-factor would suit much better the needs of most people - I'm sure of this! No poll needed here for sure.

[​IMG]

Everybody wants to ride a trojan Pyra!

FBnil, CommanderB and cuantar like this.
  10. cuantar

cuantar Wizard

I read somewhere that the Pyra is going to be dry like every other device on the market. What will distinguish it from the hundreds of other phones? You need to cancel production and make it WET. Maybe you can do this by including a moisturizer dispenser in the case, or maybe just some paint that doesn't dry and stays tacky. People like me with dry hands will flock to the Pyra as the only solution. You can even sell replacement moisturizer packets, or extra paint, so we can re-apply the wetness at home.

11. tarator

tarator Very Active Member

Instead of making it wet the case should be coated with this material:

[​IMG]

Feels very nice and sticky! This is the closest you will get to "wet" without the need to reapply moisturer. And once you drop it on the floor you can grow all kinds of little animals on your Pyra. This is a whole new level of (HASHTAG) #realtamagotchi experience. #livingpyra #bacteriapyra

cuantar likes this.
  12. Wally

Wally TrashyMG's worst nightmare Staff Member

Or just rub it on your cat for an instant fur coat, possibly with bonus scratches.

Kippykip, rSl, EricB and 1 other person like this.
  13. Michoko

Michoko Member

I've been more of a lurker here for a while, but I've been following this Pyra project from the start. ED, I just wanted to say I admire your resilience regarding all those issues and obstacles. Many would have given up, so congratulations for being so commited to this project. I'm sure you're almost there now! It will have been a bumpy ride for sure, but it will be an impressive achievement in the end. Keep up the great work!

klapse, Mr_Loon, rSl and 8 others like this.
  14. bukkit

bukkit Member

Can I read details about that somewhere? I really like to know more about things like these.

I thought the same, and you were right about that, meanwhile I managed to find the thread:

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/reflect-the-leds.76540/#post-1357837

Therefore I'd appreciate if that could somehow be sorted out ... sorry ED, but that's the downside of openness. People want to know. :)

15. Eight Bit

Eight Bit Advanced Member

I think it's about the populated side, not so much the keypad side

16. Mese96

Mese96 Still Fresh

You can read some details here: https://www.pyra-handheld.com/pipermail/kernel/
    [Increase T_RFC to fix 4GB kernel memory errors]

17. bukkit

bukkit Member

Uh, thanks!
    So maybe it was a 0xBA/0x8A typo somewhere down the road? o_O

(You'd have to subpoena eMails to get that kind of information from Apple...)

18. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Correct. There's no small-pitch BGA on the keypad side :)

rSl likes this.
  19. Djhg2000

Djhg2000 Member

EricB, SONY, FBnil and 1 other person like this.
  20. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

Is the current volcanic activity a sign that the Pyra is coming soon, or will it cause problems for the release?

FBnil, rSl and CommanderB like this.