Global Components did it again :)

Hi.

I preorded a pandora a while back but cancelled it, since then I haven't really been following the project. However, I am still interested, I want to know (roughly) how long it would take for me to recieve a pandora if I ordered one now?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Well you'd most likely get it quicker than most of the people that have pre-ordered.. within a week or two.

If you live in the US the quickest way may be through Link's Shop http://ithic.com/en/2-open-pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

I preorded a pandora a while back but cancelled it, since then I haven't really been following the project. However, I am still interested, I want to know (roughly) how long it would take for me to recieve a pandora if I ordered one now?

Well you'd most likely get it quicker than most of the people that have pre-ordered.. within a week or two.

If you live in the US the quickest way may be through Link's Shop http://ithic.com/en/2-open-pandora
Thanks.

I live in the UK so I take it I order from EDs shop? What would the UK price be including tax? Sorry for being a nuisance.

Hi.

Thanks.

I live in the UK so I take it I order from EDs shop? What would the UK price be including tax? Sorry for being a nuisance.
craig handles uk orders but you can order from ed also.is it a 600 mhz unit or a 1ghz unit that you want.eds site is dragonbox.de

Geographically, Craig is nearer (England, not Germany) but ED seems to be shipping more units than Craig atm

EDIT: bah! Ninja'd by a mile - that'll teach me to hit F5 more often!

The best adverstisment you will have is when you mail me mine and i'm playing it everywhere I go....

It would be nice to have some idea of my queue position, and what position is currently being shipped, but I've given up any hope that will ever happen.

Part of me suspects a deliberate attempt to not disclose this information because if people saw how close they were to getting one, they wouldn't upgrade to premium or 1Ghz, and if they saw how far away they were and how slow it was going, they would cancel.

I was specifically told that my 1Ghz upgrade from Craig was actually going to DELAY my order because my original (1 Oct 2008) pre-order was due to ship in the next batch of units they received. And they gave me the chance to back out with that information...

Can anyone tell me about when I can expect my Pandora?
as far as i can tell preorders around feb 2009 are currently being delivered.

your apr 2009 preorder shouldnt take too long any more.

October 5th 2008 preorderer here and I have yet to receive my unit or any confirmation that one would be shipped soon. As far as I can tell Craig has yet to get out of the initial preorder period. So, I can't imagine how ED could be that far into things as they were supposed to be filling it 3 to Craig and 1 to ED or something like that. Unless of course ED had that many original preorders dropped.

Honestly, I don't think that they should not be giving out freebies when original preorders are still waiting for their units to be produced for lack of money. Unless of course I misunderstood what's going on there.

October 5th 2008 preorderer here and I have yet to receive my unit or any confirmation that one would be shipped soon. As far as I can tell Craig has yet to get out of the initial preorder period. So, I can't imagine how ED could be that far into things as they were supposed to be filling it 3 to Craig and 1 to ED or something like that. Unless of course ED had that many original preorders dropped.

Honestly, I don't think that they should not be giving out freebies when original preorders are still waiting for their units to be produced for lack of money. Unless of course I misunderstood what's going on there.

I think it's been said that an equal number of units are going to ED's and Craig's pre-orders. This means that ED's pre-orders will be completely filled long before Craigs will be. However, I guess that once ED's are filled, then Craigs pre-order queue will go down much faster as all pre-order units would go to him.

I think it's been said that an equal number of units are going to ED's and Craig's pre-orders. This means that ED's pre-orders will be completely filled long before Craigs will be. However, I guess that once ED's are filled, then Craigs pre-order queue will go down much faster as all pre-order units would go to him.

This is not correct.

600MHz Pandoras are in stock but Craig doesn't have the funds to buy and send them. Hence Craig's upgraded Pandora queue. It's not as if they haven't been produced, ED has them lying in Germany waiting for either Craig, or someone else to purchase them.

It's a liquidity thing. Craig has none at the moment and he has to wing it as best he can. Hopefully the new product gives him enough sales to have some room to manoeuvre.

This is not correct.

600MHz Pandoras are in stock but Craig doesn't have the funds to buy and send them. Hence Craig's upgraded Pandora queue. It's not as if they haven't been produced, ED has them lying in Germany waiting for either Craig, or someone else to purchase them.

It's a liquidity thing. Craig has none at the moment and he has to wing it as best he can. Hopefully the new product gives him enough sales to have some room to manoeuvre.

Actually, what I said is correct. Pandoras going to fulfill pre-orders are being financed by profits on new pandora sales and are being sent equally to Craig's and ED's customers.

The new product will probably be released by Craig's iCP company (separate from the one handling the Pandora orders) and have nothing to do with financing old pre-orders. (I'll of course still be supporting the new product.)

Actually, what I said is correct. Pandoras going to fulfill pre-orders are being financed by profits on new pandora sales and are being sent equally to Craig's and ED's customers.

The new product will probably be released by Craig's iCP company (separate from the one handling the Pandora orders) and have nothing to do with financing old pre-orders. (I'll of course still be supporting the new product.)

If that's what's going on, that's a complete load.

Some of us kept our orders with Craig because moving them from Craig to ED would have caused additional headaches and delays. It's a bit of a slap in the face if now they're preferentially filling orders over at ED's store to those of us that are still waiting from the original preorder period at Craig's store. ED sold about a third of what Craig did, IIRC, and Fatih sold I forget how many, but those customers all have theirs IIRC.

I have to assume that you've got the information wrong because this is just complete crap there was no mention of certain stores working through their queues more quickly when we were buying them the supplies were going to be apportioned by the portion of the total sales.

This is not correct.

Craig doesn't have the money to buy Pandoras from ED for old preorders. It's completely unrelevant how many Pandoras go to ED as it makes zero difference for the speed at which Craig's queue is cleared. Craig doesn't "get" Pandoras, he has to buy them from ED. Also the pre order 600MHz ones.

So if ED's queue is cleared you won't notice any difference in the speed of Craig's queue as the number of available 600MHz Pandoras is not an issue, they are available in stock.

Craig has mentioned earlier that the money he makes of the icp has helped him fullfill old pre orders.

Craig doesn't have the money to buy Pandoras from ED for old preorders.

Eh? I thought during the discussions of the investments it was said that a certain number of units (which would not be needed to finance the next batch) would be sent to old pre-orders... i.e. just given to Craig.

I never saw any discussion of craig having to buy them from ED. But then I didn't read the business plan. Does anyone else know any better?

ED has founded a new company which has nothing to do with Craig's company. That means ED pays for the production of new Pandoras and has to sell Pandoras to get the money to finance the new ones. Craig has nothing to do with the production anymore and has to buy Pandoras from ED to send them to his old preorders...

So while Craig hasn't got the money to do so, no old preorders are fulfilled, even if ED has already produced Pandoras lying in his shop.

The business plan did finance the relocation of production to Germany and an initial production run, but nothing more, IIRC.

Craig doesn't have the money to buy Pandoras from ED for old preorders.

Eh? I thought during the discussions of the investments it was said that a certain number of units (which would not be needed to finance the next batch) would be sent to old pre-orders... i.e. just given to Craig.

I never saw any discussion of craig having to buy them from ED. But then I didn't read the business plan. Does anyone else know any better?

That was my understanding of the matter. I didn't really mean to spark this sort of mayhem on the page.

But, ultimately, I don't have money to upgrade my order and it's really frustrating to learn that people who ordered regular preorders well after I did are apparently receiving their orders without having to pay extra just because they chose to order at the other shop.

Some things need to be set correctly here.

1. I never founded a new company, Craig and me had different companies from the very beginning.

2. The units that are being made from the profit of the new 600MHz units are equally shared between me and Craig. So yes, he is getting free units. And to those who think this is unfair as Craig had more preorders left: I bought off all parts from Craigs company. My company is completely paying the production. My company took a credit of 350,000 EUR (the investors) to keep going. From a business point of view, it's totally crazy what my company does: Basically my company had the deal with Craigs company that my company gets 800 Pandoras and Craigs company gets 4000 LCDs for that. My company provided it, Craigs company didn't (thanks to CC). So from a business point of view, my company had to take a credit because Craigs company couldn't deliver the paid goods. Craigs company basically owes my company money, and still my company bought off the parts from his one and sends him free Pandoras.

So from a business point of view, my company is doing crazy things. Instead of sending free units, it should try to get the money back instead. Craigs company had the deal with CC, my company only had a deal with Craigs. So while Craigs company could sue CC, my company could actually try to sue Craigs company.

Good. Now let's use human sense: While this is the situation of both our companies, both you and I know very well that it was CC leading to these issues, not Craig and not his company. We worked on the Pandora together. I want to support both you and Craig. So I'm not going to behave like an idiot and only try to keep my company alive, I'm also trying to keep Craigs company alive. That's why I share units made from the profit with him. Is that what you call unfair?

3. The only difference are the 1GHz units. Craig wanted to sell them himself and I can't afford to send him these additional units for free. So he can buy the 1GHz units for production costs and his company keeps the profit. With that profit he can do whatever he wants. He already funded 10 more units for his classic preorders and A LOT of refunds with the profit he made so far on the 1GHz units.

Refunds also make the remaining queue smaller, but not in an order. As long as Craig pays production costs of his 1GHz units to me, I will deliver them to him.

So basically:

Rebirth units: Each 3 units sold fund one preorder, equally shared to Craig and me.

1GHz unit: Craigs sales fund his old orders, my sales fund my old orders.

These kind of things always make me remember why I am in science and not in business... however there is a lot of these type of politics also in science sadly.

I do perhaps think that if the 1Ghz Pandoras were offered at a more reasonable price to original preorders (above cost price, so a small profit) that a lot of the refunds would not have occurred. I've finally decided to go in for a 1Ghz unit, but I very much feel forced to have done so. I know Craig wants to fill the losses with profits, as any business does, but I can't help but feel the price has been good will and loyalty.

I do perhaps think that if the 1Ghz Pandoras were offered at a more reasonable price to original preorders (above cost price, so a small profit) that a lot of the refunds would not have occurred. I've finally decided to go in for a 1Ghz unit, but I very much feel forced to have done so. I know Craig wants to fill the losses with profits, as any business does, but I can't help but feel the price has been good will and loyalty.
To my Knowledge OPT hasn't made much money ( the kind you spend on trips to Hawaii not the kind you fufill obligations with ) if any from the sale of 1ghz units , if that's what you meant by profit

Back