1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

Yeah, it's getting to the point of considering just canceling from Craig and ordering from EvilDragon. At least I can be bothered to take myself the 5 minutes it takes to send a payment.

I thought I would chime in and say that I received my Pandora weeks ago, and I'm #99 in Craig's upgrade queue :) Keep up the good work!

Yeah, it's getting to the point of considering just canceling from Craig and ordering from EvilDragon. At least I can be bothered to take myself the 5 minutes it takes to send a payment.

Pretty much how I am feeling right about now. :(

I thought I would chime in and say that I received my Pandora weeks ago, and I'm #99 in Craig's upgrade queue :) Keep up the good work!

Seriously don't troll. I know for a fact that's BS because I am number 64 and another person is number 57.

It seems that problems were caused by an en masse cancellation in the first place!

it would seem to me that the problem was not the mass cancellation, but what led to them... I was ready to ask for a refund as soon as I'll get my GCW until they published, finally, after all theses month/years a report that seems to genuinely explain the situation. I'm sure that telling us in all honesty what was going on sooner would have avoided lots of refund. most of theses refund have waited 3years and more, the could just have waited a bit more, it's not the delay, it's the lack of information, the 1GHz units and the ICP2 that were the major cause for theses refunds

It seems that problems were caused by an en masse cancellation in the first place!

I'm sure that telling us in all honesty what was going on sooner would have avoided lots of refund. most of theses refund have waited 3years and more, the could just have waited a bit more, it's not the delay, it's the lack of information, the 1GHz units and the ICP2 that were the major cause for theses refunds

You cannot just expect your customers to wait forever for something they paid and never received. No-one in his right mind would call these refunds "unexpected" -> it's unexpected if you are fulfilling your orders on an ongoing basis and suddenly people cancel and ask for refund for no reason, but here the reason is pretty clear and it was obvious that Craig does not care much about the Pandora as much anymore as he is now full time on the ICP2 stuff. Net, that puts the probability of getting your unit even lower (at least, perception wise).

The only way you can prevent mass cancellation is by SHIPPING units that have been ordered, not by telling people to wait more and more every time. If you do not fulfil your commitments, there there is nothing unexpected in getting requests for refund.

most of theses refund have waited 3years and more, the could just have waited a bit more, it's not the delay, it's the lack of information.

That's probably the reason I only had 20 refunds out of 500 since last year, whereas it seems Craig had over 200 out of 800 (well, at least 800 was the number he told me last year August he still had left).

It always was my style of doing business to explain what's going on, any issues occuring as well as good news.

I also always replied to questions regarding my remaining queue.

The 1GHz units should've never been on preorder, according to my plan.

I first wanted them on stock right away and THEN start selling them. Craig wanted to do it via preorders, and it now saddens me even more that his customers who preordered have to wait even longer now simply because he used the money made to pay refunds instead of paying the 1GHz units I sent him.

According to him, he HAD to pay these refunds otherwise those guys would've reported him to the government... not sure about that, I would've tried to explain them the situation and ask them to hold on until he get the tax return or sells more 1GHz units.

That would've been my style, but I'm running my own company and Craig is running his, so it's his decision.

Oh well, what's done is done, even I can't turn back time, but I'll try to make sure that every customer gets his unit sooner or later.

I hope OP Team (mostly Craig) learned from that mess this time and do it better for Pandora 2. Some of this mess was clearly avoidable, not everything of course.

I would agree - but these last couple of weeks there have been people encouraging cancellation from Craig's shop to "simply" order from ED instead. I understand the reasoning and frustrations - I'm merely pointing out that flippant comments like this have contributed to this situation, and of course, Craig should try and be more forthcoming to what's going on.

I would agree - but these last couple of weeks there have been people encouraging cancellation from Craig's shop to "simply" order from ED instead.

True - but that was mostly because no one knew exactly what was going on with Craigs queue.

Even I didn't expect that I will have 1GHz units on stock before he cleared the queue - it certainly wasn't planned like that.

But if I don't get the payment for the first 70 units, I can't do much, as I cannot afford to send out free Pandoras to everyone.

most of theses refund have waited 3years and more, the could just have waited a bit more, it's not the delay, it's the lack of information.

That's probably the reason I only had 20 refunds out of 500 since last year, whereas it seems Craig had over 200 out of 800 (well, at least 800 was the number he told me last year August he still had left).

It always was my style of doing business to explain what's going on, any issues occuring as well as good news.

I first wanted them on stock right away and THEN start selling them. Craig wanted to do it via preorders, and it now saddens me even more that his customers who preordered have to wait even longer now simply because he used the money made to pay refunds instead of paying the 1GHz units I sent him.

According to him, he HAD to pay these refunds otherwise those guys would've reported him to the government... not sure about that, I would've tried to explain them the situation and ask them to hold on until he get the tax return or sells more 1GHz units.

That would've been my style, but I'm running my own company and Craig is running his, so it's his decision.

Oh well, what's done is done, even I can't turn back time, but I'll try to make sure that every customer gets his unit sooner or later.

This actually annoys me somewhat.

The reason Craig gave us for the necessity of the pre orders was that you needed the cash to do the production run. Turns out that was a lie you had all the finances together and were ready for production. Craig wanted a cash injection and decided to lie to the community to get it.

This is ridiculous I don't know how you can do business with him. However ED get Craig to pay what he owes you before sending anything out. I wouldn't extend him a line of credit.

Last edited by a moderator:

This actually annoys me somewhat.

The reason Craig gave us for the necessity of the pre orders was that you needed the cash to do the production run. Turns out that was a lie you had all the finances together and were ready for production. Craig wanted a cash injection and decided to lie to the community to get it.

This is ridiculous I don't know how you can do business with him. However ED get Craig to pay what he owes you before sending anything out. I wouldn't extend him a line of credit.

Well, they did blow a lot of boards getting the DM3730 production working right. And it was unknown what the success rate was going in..

Well, they did blow a lot of boards getting the DM3730 production working right. And it was unknown what the success rate was going in..

This has nothing to do with Craig telling the community they needed the money upfront for the production. As ED just said they didn't require it. I bet ED shouldered all of that burden of the faulty units in the production run.

Craig never mentioned the money getting blown in the production run rather he just mentioned the refunds. I bet if the failure rate was the cause of him not being able to pay ED he would have mentioned it quickly.

One thing I fail to understand is why is Craig getting the upper hand on these kind of decisions (selling by pre-order) ? I mean, we have seen so many times the disaster the people who order get in because it has been managed this EXACT same way before, and again this thing happened in the same way with the 1Ghz units.

Seriously, this undermines all efforts of ED to have good communication, and what we get is a bag of mixed feelings: ED is running his ship right, and Craig is obviously promising things he cannot provide, and this is all done under a single "Open Pandora Team" umbrella. This is very wrong and it hurts the credibility of the whole Open Pandora project pretty bad.

It seems that some people do not understand that it is very hard to win the trust of someone but very EASY to LOSE it. Now how many times people gave up hoping and decided this was all a scam ? The returns rate between ED's shop and Craig's are clearly telling.

ED, don't feel obligated to give any free units anymore. You should be caring about your business and consider that there are just different shops for the Pandora - you are in no way responsible if the other shop is not liable for their obligations.

Seriously don't troll. I know for a fact that's BS because I am number 64 and another person is number 57.

Not sure that this is trolling, could it be that your order 'has slipped through the net'.

This is based on the fact that in the current situation original post Craig clearly states that OP UK have shipped approx 100 1Ghz units.

ED, don't feel obligated to give any free units anymore. You should be caring about your business and consider that there are just different shops for the Pandora - you are in no way responsible if the other shop is not liable for their obligations.
I think this is another case of ED being too nice and also looking at the bigger picture, which is Pandora 2. Yes they are separate companies, but separate companies which are collaborating to reach the same general goal.

Back