LCD Cables and refurbished Pandoras

Well, my Pandora will be coming all the way from the US, so maybe I should ship it now and hopefully it'll arrive about the same time they arrive? Should I enclose anything to make sure I get the improved cables?

Yep, certainly include that sheet but don't include the battery, as normal signed mail shipping won't work otherwise.

I shipped mine to Germany many, many weeks ago by now, and I haven't gotten it back or heard anything from them.

Is there really nothing I can do to check on its progress? they should have had it by now you'd think.

Send me an email with your name. We usually repair it within a day and ship it back right away but we don't send messages about it.

I know ONE package came back because the international shipping service claimed there was a battery included (which wasn't, they just assumed it but didn't check).

I reshipped it with a big "no battery inside"-sticker, hopefully it'll get through this time.

This delayed the delivery by a few weeks, so it could very well be that's your package.

But then it's already on the way to you.

Oh wow, that might be it then! I got it back today, thank you so much!

Wow, I have the worst timing, don't I? heh, I ask about it and it arrives the next day.

Hey ED, just a small question. I just wanted to order a new cable and maybe a battery, but there was only the option to send it via UPS Express. But 20€ shipping for a 25€ battery seemed not that good a bargain to me :D Did I do it wrong? 

Hey ED, just a small question. I just wanted to order a new cable and maybe a battery, but there was only the option to send it via UPS Express. But 20€ shipping for a 25€ battery seemed not that good a bargain to me :D Did I do it wrong?
ED said goods with battery (and of course just the battery :) ) is classified as "dangerous". And only UPS ships them from the Dragonbox shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm ok then maybe I will take a trip to him and get it in Person... Always wanted to visit him :D will cost me the same :D

wow thought today was going to be a good day 1st time i got more then four hrs a sleep. just to wake up and see that the 1ghz mega packs were back in stock got the email at 7:18 am and now at 10:30ish gone. are there going to be any more being produced or i'am i just wasting my time yhanks

Hi.. Just received my new lcd cable today.. Is there a different video showing how to replace?  I`m only saying because ED said these were a new type..

Just checking before I open up!

thanks

Hi.. Just received my new lcd cable today.. Is there a different video showing how to replace?  I`m only saying because ED said these were a new type..

Just checking before I open up!

thanks

As far as I know there really isn't much different in over all shape, just more rigid. There shouldn't be much difference in how you change it.

Ok.. its all back together..
Weird thing is.. in the input tester... left and right on the Dpad produces a hiss from the speaker..

Just the left and right??

Probably also the case outside the dpad in the directions left and right, or it could be that the dpad-disk pressures the PCB.

Maybe you mounted it askew or not in the correct alignment?

Could be you have something interfering the signal path in parallel with the dpad, which is unlikely, but could happen if you accidentally something conductive and foreign in there as you mounted the case back together.

Hypotetical theory 2 is that directions left and right produces a waveform that interfere with the signal controller, which considering its not to do with the audio, is even more unlikely. Would have to be that the dome of the dpad is shot, or that its ground down and has polluted things in its vacinity.

Ok.. its all back together..
Weird thing is.. in the input tester... left and right on the Dpad produces a hiss from the speaker..

Just the left and right??

I don't have my Pandora atm, and I could be totally wrong here, but I thought that, or something like it, was intentional to test the speakers.  Does pressing left make the left one make sound, and right does right speaker?  I am pretty sure I get sound when pushing something too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that makes some sense. Pressing right does make the hiss come out the right speaker.

Can someone confirm by trying the input tester for me?

Darren

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back