Emails to remaining preorders.

I have a batch one order from Craigs shop which I would very much like to cross upgrade so I have a chance of getting my machine before Christmas, but I'm confused with all these prices.

I see that it's possible to upgrade via ED's shop for 375 Euro which is around £305

However some people only seem to be paying $350 + $70 tax which works out at around £260

Were only certain people allowed to upgrade at the lower price, or have I somehow got my wires crossed and misunderstood something somewhere?

I read that post and my question isn't about the tax, it's about the difference in upgrade prices.

I can upgrade for 375 Euros (about £305) via ED's shop here:

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/main-consoles-and-upgrades/100-pandora-1ghz.html

What I want to know is where the other price has come from and if I am eligible for it. The price with tax being quoted is $420 ($350 + $70 tax) which works out at around £260 which is £45 less than the price being quoted at ED's shop.

I'm pretty sure that EU rules state that you pay the tax in the country of purchase so regardless of me being in the UK the 19% tax rate (or $420 upgrade price) would stand.

There was an email sent out to Craig's customers with an upgrade price of 350 USD. It actually worked out to 363 USD, but whatever. I think it was a special thing that EvilDragon worked out with Craig to help ease the load. If you ordered through him, you should have received an email a while ago telling you about "Super Pandora 2.0" to which you were expected to respond affirmative to an upgrade, after which a second email was sent out with the upgrade information. If you didn't get the first email then you might still be able to follow-up at openpandorasales(at)gmail(dot)com. If you did receive that email but didn't respond, you have no one to blame but yourself. :p

Thanks for that WizardStan. I spoke to Craig via PM as I didn't get the first email, but it seems I haven't got the second email either. I'll drop him another PM and ask him to check my email details again.

Cheers again for clearing everything up.

Only those that responded to the first email got the second one. You may want to check your spam folder, several people have complained about that in the past.

I think there was a problem with the formatting of my email address or something which prevented the original email from going through. When I originally spoke to Craig I told him I'd like to upgrade and he said he'd email when the units were ready.

I've checked my spam folder and there isn't anything in there so I've sent Craig a PM and we'll see what happens.

I'm a bit tempted just to bite the bullet and order from ED's shop despite the slightly higher price as he has units in stock. I could have my until within a week that way. :D

I received the upgrade e-mail. Initially I replied and said I wouldn't be taking advantage of the upgrade.

I have since e-mailed twice asking to upgrade but have yet to hear anything back. I hope I've not missed the upgrade offer!

Mine's been despatched!! My bank froze my account - either because it was a transaction abroad for a large amount or they couldn't believe me that i was actually going to get a pandora ;)

I can't believe after all this time it's really going to be here.

I have had many e-mails from jacqueline (Craigs shop) promising a refund - I too am one of the original supporters of pandora (That - lets face it - there would not be a pandora if it wern't for all us suckers who look like they are going to lose their monies now from Craig) So come on Craig - man up and either pay up / give us a pandora that we ordered all those many years ago - or at least be honest & go bust so we all know where we stand and move on - I am sick of all the empty promises

Well ED is selling pandoras and shares the profits with Craig. Craig does it best to get new customers for ED. With this shared profit your pandora will be produced or your refund will be paid. But it will take more time to sell enough Pandoras. But it looks good since the latest price drop, a lot of people will probably buy a Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had many e-mails from jacqueline (Craigs shop) promising a refund - I too am one of the original supporters of pandora (That - lets face it - there would not be a pandora if it wern't for all us suckers who look like they are going to lose their monies now from Craig) So come on Craig - man up and either pay up / give us a pandora that we ordered all those many years ago - or at least be honest & go bust so we all know where we stand and move on - I am sick of all the empty promises

I understand the sentiment, but they can't give refunds for Craig's orders without money. ED would presumably be liable if he gave more units without payment. And his shop is legally separate from Craig's shop. Anybody who sues is going to get nothing as Craig's shop doesn't have any money to give and Craig isn't liable for that.

If they shut down production, all you get is certainty that you won't get it. If you want to blame somebody for the empty promises, blame CC for that. ED and Craig are doing their best to clear the queue.

The situation sucks for everybody. Craig already mortgaged his home, IIRC, to pay for things, I'm not sure how much more he can possibly give.

Add one to the sucker count.

I probably would have forgotten all about getting screwed over had Craig not had the balls to ask me (again) for more money, 4 years on. Asked for a refund 2 months ago, still nothing. Now I am reading this thread and it seems like my chances of restitution are slim to none.

If there are any preorderers in the UK who are on the fence about small claims: do it. I wish I could, but I am in the US, so it's not really an option.

The Pandora was a great idea, on paper, and it seduced me as well, particularly at a time when remaining in this community was important to me. So I understand the desire to keep tossing money onto the fire, because maybe you'll get one. But seriously, those of you who are planning to send more money are making a large mistake. I doubt that even if all of the remaining preorderers did what was asked, there'd be enough capital to resume production.

Craig's shop doesn't have any money to give and Craig isn't liable for that
Of course he is. Debts don't go away because you don't have money. They go away when they're paid. Going bankrupt is the exception, but to my knowledge GBAX has not declared bankruptcy (they won't have to, because many of us sent the money by wire, and are overseas, so the usual stuff -- small claims, debt collectors, buyer protection -- aren't options). Nobody should be expected to sit on their loss out of the kindness of their hearts, especially not based on the testimony of a guy who historically has played fast & loose with the truth.

So I understand the desire to keep tossing money onto the fire, because maybe you'll get one. But seriously, those of you who are planning to send more money are making a large mistake. I doubt that even if all of the remaining preorderers did what was asked, there'd be enough capital to resume production.
Upgrades are handled by me, so you can be sure you'll get the unit right away after the upgrade.

Also, production doesn't need to be resumed, units are costantly being produced. I got 400 units on stock, 500 more are currently being built by Global Components.

Excellent news ED, Craig should be able to sell all of those this week and end the mess - seriously I hope he does and now there is nothing stopping him (volcanoes, nub issues etc etc) as the units are sitting there ready to ship.

So I understand the desire to keep tossing money onto the fire, because maybe you'll get one. But seriously, those of you who are planning to send more money are making a large mistake. I doubt that even if all of the remaining preorderers did what was asked, there'd be enough capital to resume production.
Upgrades are handled by me, so you can be sure you'll get the unit right away after the upgrade.

Also, production doesn't need to be resumed, units are costantly being produced. I got 400 units on stock, 500 more are currently being built by Global Components.
ED, it's too bad refunds aren't handled by you as well.

I'm not upgrading, and I don't think it's an unreasonable position to take. For a period of years I would have "settled" for just receiving what I'd paid for, and now that's not even an option. And I suspect that the upgrade has a lot to do with the difficulty of sourcing old parts as well as enticing new customers.

So, do I allow myself to continue to be treated like this? The most loyal of us continue to be thrown under the bus, when at least if we'd pulled out sooner we would have maybe gotten our money back.

If nothing else, I know better now than to send money overseas without some sort of protection. I was asking for this to happen. At least it wasn't more. I hope others will learn from my mistake.

Excellent news ED, Craig should be able to sell all of those this week and end the mess - seriously I hope he does and now there is nothing stopping him (volcanoes, nub issues etc etc) as the units are sitting there ready to ship.
I remember thinking as much 2 years ago. But hey, maybe the 1000th time's the charm.

The point here is that it is time for Craig to prove how good he really is at sales - the product is there ready waiting so all that is need now are new customers with money.

Well, if nothing happens with sales, I'll continue the way I think would be good. That is, sending temporary test Pandoras to blogs and magazines, sending a newsletter to all subscribers (about 20k) that the Pandora is available now as updated unit from stock (and asking for donations to finish preorder queue in case they like the general idea of the project but are not interested in getting one - if 10k donate 5 EUR each, that would be 50k... it adds up!), working on more classic Pandoras to be able to provide Pandoras to those with less money, etc.

I've got my ideas, but let's first see what Craig can do. He always was good selling stuff :)

Back