Emails to remaining preorders.

A picture of a stringray would have been more appropriate. :)

Stingray, I can understand being upset. A PM to craig with your order number and current email address should have resolved the situation.

It was damned poor business practice to not send regular mass-emails to open preorders, regardless of which shop we are talking about. That is beyond dispute, and it is understandable that you are angry about that. But OPT were not responsible for incurring the delays in production. It may be convenient to vent frustration at OPT on this point, instead at the varied companies that incurred delays (nubs, case, board), but it is inappropriate.

I sincerely hope that the lessons about customer communication have been learnt by Ed and Craig. Stingray does have reason to be angry, and making fun of him doesn't change that.

Every time i send a email to jacquelyn, i receive an answer in a very short delay.

Maybe the angry guy need to understand how to send an email ? :rolleyes:

I'm a batch 2 - 1ghz upgrader.

Really wish that others like me receive their pandora, maybe it be a long time since the order but ...

Craig, if you have some news (ED too :p ) please tell us ;)

(And excuse my really poor english ... it's really not kind to find news with a lot of useless post from "angry guys").

And excuse me if I hurt somebody, but fed up to read pages of complain.

Yes, I want to have my pandora, not a reason to forget that there are people behind the team.

I'm going forward with upgrading my original pre-order.

(whilst returning the unit I currently have, and paying the difference - after cancelling my tv-out cable)

Wonder if I get a fancy sticker with 'original pre-order' or something .. :unsure:

Please do not insult people ~ Wally

Fe4sq.jpg

I just hope Craig can manage it this time, some of those who ordered 1GHz units from him 4 months ago are still waiting.

Notaz, your passive agressive behaviour is just getting boring now. So why bother? Why try to derail my and Eds attempts to fix this by posting negative comments in every thread? You know those 1Ghz units are being produced right now and will be shipped as soon as they are ready.

I can't spot anything beyond a clear fact and some hope in Notaz' post. He didn't even mention how firmly you established back then that there wouldn't be any delay in the delivery of the 1Ghz units (because they're ready). When you are starting to perceive posts like this as aggression you're in trouble.

As much as I respect Notaz's fearsome technical achievements, to the outsider there is a long-running set of what look like mild sneers at Craig's posts and announcements. Having said that, I'm not saying Notaz ought to leave off, for all I know, he's been burnt by Craig's behaviour. But if search for Craig's posts you'll usually see a post from Notaz, that looks supportive but laced with scepticism and a smattering of knowingly disappointed.

Please don't ever preface a statement with "I'm not saying ..."; it's a proven psychological construct that directs the listener to believe that that is what you are saying and that it is such a compelling statement that it doesn't really need to be explained. It's frequently used in politics and opinion pieces on news programs: "I'm not saying that my opponent is a slathering lizard beast, but have you noticed how warm he likes to keep his office?"

You probably meant it literally in this case, which is even more of a reason to not use it because, as I said, it tends to have the exact opposite effect, encouraging the listener to think that that is what you are "saying" without actually saying it. Even in cases where someone does want to use it for its negative psychological effects I still encourage them not to because it's a disingenuous way to argue a point.

And with that out of the way, I guess we can return to the topic at hand. Sorry for the OT post :p

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably meant it literally in this case

Snap! However, I won't cease and desist from using perfectly innocuous turns-of-phrase because it's often used by people as a way to segue into a "humorous" insult. It's fairly obvious that my comment is conjecture and contains no barbed punchline. :)

Holy fuck with the meta conversation and troll wars. Get on topic already, or face the wrath of my Lawgiver!

"And those who from the nonsense/senseless talk, they are objecting/turning away" (al Quran 23:3)

Hi all,

I have an incredibly noobish question. I ordered a Pandora from Craig at Open Pandora Sales waaay back when. I didn't get the recent upgrade email but Jacquelyn sent me a copy when I emailed her about it. Should I be concerned that I wasn't on a mailing list? I'm a bit concerned my details may have gone missing over the years. Also, is Jacquelyn the right person to send payment to if I want to upgrade?

Thanks for any advice you can throw my way!

Hi all,

I have an incredibly noobish question. I ordered a Pandora from Craig at Open Pandora Sales waaay back when. I didn't get the recent upgrade email but Jacquelyn sent me a copy when I emailed her about it. Should I be concerned that I wasn't on a mailing list? I'm a bit concerned my details may have gone missing over the years. Also, is Jacquelyn the right person to send payment to if I want to upgrade?

Thanks for any advice you can throw my way!
It is possible but I think just lost email or something like that.

But if you worry about that ask Jacquelyn with your order#.

Jacquelyn is the right person, she is only one who handle customer sales etc.

Of course for upgrade she'll help you but alternative way is cross upgrade from ED(if you in hurry this is the fastest way)

Thanks for the advice! It's been an incredibly long journey but hopefully we're nearing the finish.

Thanks for the advice! It's been an incredibly long journey but hopefully we're nearing the finish.

It is good advice. I just completed my upgrade. It's a cross shop upgrade, they'll give you vouchers to ED's store that will wipe out the shipping and reduce the price you pay. So, it is a cross upgrade either way. It's a bit more complicated, but she'll coordinate it with ED so that the units are shipped out quickly.

I have a question about my order. I paid upgrade to 1 GHz pandora at 14 November. You promised shipping within 10-14 days. But i still waiting this shipping. Also you ignored my email about it. When you perform your promise? May be, I must wait another Two Months?

It is good advice. I just completed my upgrade. It's a cross shop upgrade, they'll give you vouchers to ED's store that will wipe out the shipping and reduce the price you pay. So, it is a cross upgrade either way. It's a bit more complicated, but she'll coordinate it with ED so that the units are shipped out quickly.

I have upgraded too via this method and it was relatively painless. Looking forward to finally joining the ranks.

On one note however I noted that the emails that went round said we could upgrade for $350 but after the vouchers codes the total was around $70+ more? So how does that work?

I think the story there is the email had a typo but ED would honor that price if you replied to the email... or something like that.

EDIT: Hmmm ok it's to do with tax.

On one note however I noted that the emails that went round said we could upgrade for $350 but after the vouchers codes the total was around $70+ more? So how does that work?

350 USD is the upgrade price.

If you are living within the EU, VAT has to be added though. In Germany, it's currently at 19%, so the price would be 416,50 USD (about 70 USD more).

If you're from outside the EU, you get the 350 USD.

Not much we can do, as these 70 USD go directly as taxes to the government, we can't keep that.

Back