Emails to remaining preorders.

The google account was closed about 18 months ago with no explanation from google, however it was very rarely used.

We currently just do bank transfers for google refunds, I'm curious to know what they will do too.

- And finally Craig and ED can create a new, clean and debtless company to sell the new Pandoras.
This already happened: ED's company (OpenPandora GmbH) which is now producing the units is completely independent from Craig's company (OpenPandora Ltd.) and has no depts.

Last edited by a moderator:
- And finally Craig and ED can create a new, clean and debtless company to sell the new Pandoras.
This already happened: ED's company (OpenPandora GmbH) which is now producing the units is completely independent from Craig's company (OpenPandora Ltd.) and has no depts.
You know this it really a scary thing in many ways for those in Craig's queue.

As far as I know ED had allways a seperate company. He did not create it to get rid of the debt, he just founded it, because he lives in Germany and Craig lives in the UK. And ED has debts, since he borrowed money from investors to hire GC to produce the pandoras and to order the needed parts for building it (since CC destroyed a lot of pandora parts).

That isn't true at all.

I get so tired of this sort of thing being posted on this forum and having to spend half my time making sure it does not become 'fact' because we didn't challenge it.

As far as I know ED had allways a seperate company. He did not create it to get rid of the debt, he just founded it, because he lives in Germany and Craig lives in the UK. And ED has debts, since he borrowed money from investors to hire GC to produce the pandoras and to order the needed parts for building it (since CC destroyed a lot of pandora parts).

Exactly like that. It was always a good idea - in case any of the companies has an issue and goes bust, the other can find a solution.

While my company wouldn't be liable for Craig's orders, it doesn't mean it can't help his customers as good as possible and the other way round as well.

The cross upgrades are one part of this helping out.

I don't make profit from it, but it helps clearing Craigs queue and his customers have a chance to get a better unit right away.

Didn't ED state that your companies are separated a few times just recently?

Isn't he debt free except for the investors he has to pay back?

Didn't you say you made a few 100k loss with the pandora that put you (OP Ltd) into debt?

Didn't ED state that your companies are separated a few times just recently?
Isn't he debt free except for the investors he has to pay back?

Didn't you say you made a few 100k loss with the pandora that put you (OP Ltd) into debt?

Except for the investor money and the remaining preorders, my company doesn't have debts, that's correct.

But afaik except for the remaining preorders, Craigs company should be debt-free as well. He had debts with companies where he bought parts for batch 2, but as I took them into my company and paid them, they're gone.

He probably has a lot more preorders left though.

We have now finished sending the emails. If you have not had an email please check your spam folders, then if in doubt PM me.

Be aware that over 100 of you have asked to upgrade so I and Ed now have to very carefully coordinate this from today.

Next week I am doing another publicity run for the 1Ghz unit.

Those of you waiting for a refund, please be patent, we're working on it.

Hi,

I did not receive the email. I pre-ordered in March 2009.

I've only been following these forums since about March this year, loosely. And I've seen ED saying countless times that he and Craig run two completely separate companies.

It's frankly inconceivable that anyone can still be unaware of this fact.

I've only been following these forums since about March this year, loosely. And I've seen ED saying countless times that he and Craig run two completely separate companies.

It's frankly inconceivable that anyone can still be unaware of this fact.

That's because you've been following these forums since March this year.

If you are an original pre orderer that has been patiently waiting and not following the forum religiously you'd still think that it didn't matter what shop you ordered from as it's all from OPT anyways and the only difference would be who sent it to you.

You can find this back on the GP32X boards if you're inclined to check up on it. Basically the advice back then was just order with the shop closest as it will save postage and they are all OPT anyways so there is no difference.

That isn't true at all.

I get so tired of this sort of thing being posted on this forum and having to spend half my time making sure it does not become 'fact' because we didn't challenge it.
Are you saying that OpenPandora GmbH and OpenPandora Ltd. are not legally independent? :huh:

That isn't true at all.

Are you saying that OpenPandora GmbH and OpenPandora Ltd. are not legally independent? :huh:
In case your post wasn't a sarcastic remark:

Your quote doesn't include the quote his quote (which is you, btw) is quoting.

... Everyone got that?

But anyways, he was referring to the part "This already happened", which was in turn referring to the Gring's sarcastic post.

And as many have already noted, they have apparently from the very beginning been running their own companies, but co-operating. An alliance of sorts. So there hasn't been a NEW company, they're still the original companies.

Ah, now I see! Thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry for my misleading phrasing then. I am aware of these facts and did not mean to imply otherwise.

Out of curiosity, did any of you folks also not getting the email at any point contact OP re: an addition/change to your order?

Out of curiosity, did any of you folks also not getting the email at any point contact OP re: an addition/change to your order?
just the opposite. I have made several address changes to OP Ltd over the years, but I did receive an email. I'm assuming you are looking for a cause/effect of the email missing? I also ordered through google checkout with openpandorasales.

I did the original batch one pre order back in 2009, haven't got any emails from Open Pandora except for conformation of purchase and an order number. Since then I have had to change my email address, and I've received emails confirming those changes. I didn't get Craig's recent BS, POS email. I'm just going to hang on to my order number and eventually expect my money back or a Pandora. I'll deal with them through the email I sent my money through. I don't put any faith in anything posted in these forums, I've not once seen anything go as they said it would, not even sending a simple email. I recently posted that I had PM Craig to get an email sent, I only said that cause it sounded good, I just make shit up.

Please do not insult people ~ Wally

Last edited by a moderator:
So F off Craig and Ed.

No offense, but would you please let me know why you're having an issue with me?

You ordered from Craigs shop, you didn't get the eMail he sent to his customers, which is an issue that should be sorted out - but what exactly does this have to do with me?

I'm not running his shop, I'm not hired by this shop, I can't access his customer database and I can't access his eMails.

He handles his customers, I handle mine and we're both trying to keep production going so that everyone who preordered will eventually get a Pandora (and over 500 have been delivered to classic customers since production in Germany started).

So... what's the deal with me?

Or just some general "Geez, I'm pissed off, and I hate everyone that could have anything to do with it"...?

Back