Emails to remaining preorders.

It would be really useful if Craig or anyone else in the know could post answers to the following :

1) What order will Craigs pre orders be shipped in? My guess is 1 Ghz Test run Pre Orders then 1 Ghz Upgrades then Original 600Mhz Pre Orders, is this correct?

2) Approx how many pre orders for each of the above remain unfulfilled from OP Ltd? This will help people get an idea of when their unit is likely to ship.

3) Does it still help the project to request a refund for original 600Mhz orders if you don't want to upgrade?

The big issue floating about in my mind at the moment is that now the test run is complete and production of 1Ghz Pandoras is now no more expensive than 600Mhz Pandoras, then it might make sense for ED to lower the price of the 1Ghz Pandora to generate pre Christmas sales. This would have to be done relatively quickly to ensure a pre Christmas delivery.

If this hypothetical event (price reduction) did occur then how will mass cancellations from Craigs queue and then simply reordering at a lower price from ED be avoided?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad that after giving the team $350, waiting 3+ years, and politely not asking for a refund, I'm not sent an email intended for all original pre-orders. Adding insult to injury, Craig.

Fantastic.

I know, my sentiments exactly. If you don't know if you can send out emails in 72 hours, why would you say you are unless your incompetent or just don't give a rip. Has this mindlessness been the root of all these delays, people saying something is going to happen just because it sounds good without any idea if it will happen or not? I'd have thought sending emails, which is pretty simple in comparison to everything else, was an opportunity to demonstrate some degree of competency, blew that one.

Fantastic indeed.

He said likely in 72 hours in the original post. If you don't believe me, read it again.

Also, IIRC, by RFC an email server has up to 5 days, or 120 hours during which to attempt to get a message to the intended recipient before it's allowed to give up. So, it's entirely possible for an email sent during hour 71 to not arrive at it's destination until 191 hours after Craig posted that message. Depending upon how many retries are required and how precisely the email is routed.

Granted, that is unlikely, but it's something to recognize. Email and SMS are not instant, most of the time it's indistinguishable from instant, but it's not guaranteed.

As for exactly when units will start shipping again, it will be as soon as GC have finished testing them, I'm still waiting for an exact date from Ed, but it will be very soon, we're working together to get them all shipping quickly.

I'll get the next 1GHz units Tuesday or Wednesday.

They will ship as soon as I receive the payment for those, so if it's there on Wednesday, they will ship Wednesday / Thursday (depending on when I get the units, sometimes it's 8pm).

Ed. Any idea exactly how many 1Ghz (or 600mhz for that matter) you will receive next Tuesday/Wednesday?

Anyone any idea how big all these various queues are?

It would be really useful if Craig or anyone else in the know could post answers to the following :

1) What order will Craigs pre orders be shipped in? My guess is 1 Ghz Test run Pre Orders then 1 Ghz Upgrades then Original 600Mhz Pre Orders, is this correct?

2) Approx how many pre orders for each of the above remain unfulfilled from OP Ltd? This will help people get an idea of when their unit is likely to ship.

3) Does it still help the project to request a refund for original 600Mhz orders if you don't want to upgrade?

The big issue floating about in my mind at the moment is that now the test run is complete and production of 1Ghz Pandoras is now no more expensive than 600Mhz Pandoras, then it might make sense for ED to lower the price of the 1Ghz Pandora to generate pre Christmas sales. This would have to be done relatively quickly to ensure a pre Christmas delivery.

If this hypothetical event (price reduction) did occur then how will mass cancellations from Craigs queue and then simply reordering at a lower price from ED be avoided?

Somebody should confirm it, but the 600mhz units should be shipping along with the other ones as they're paid for. I think they're just waiting for funds and the 1ghz orders are paying for some of those.

But, the 1ghz units aren't cheaper than the 600mhz units. The prices I'm seeing are in addition to the money that you've paid to preorder the old 600mhz units. So, I'm not sure why that would have any negative impact on cancelations. And the main concern with folks canceling the 600mhz orders is that they have enough cash on hand to pay those off while still moving things forward.

3, the problem there is cash flow, it would help clear the queue, but they need funds on hand for that. The funds that people got have been used, so the new 1 ghz orders and upgrades are needed in order to pay for either a new unit to be produced or for the refund to be paid.

Ed. Any idea exactly how many 1Ghz (or 600mhz for that matter) you will receive next Tuesday/Wednesday?

Not exactly - 250 1GHz and 100 600MHz PCBs are populated and currently being tested and assembled (they also test and assemble them during the weekend to speed things up).

I will get as many as they can finish until Wednesday, my rough guess is about 150 (based on their speed so far).

Anyone any idea how big all these various queues are?

No idea about Craigs queue, only mine. I will post an update about my queue next week once I shipped all the units I got, as quite a few things will move :)

We have now finished sending the emails. If you have not had an email please check your spam folders, then if in doubt PM me.

Be aware that over 100 of you have asked to upgrade so I and Ed now have to very carefully coordinate this from today.

Next week I am doing another publicity run for the 1Ghz unit.

Those of you waiting for a refund, please be patent, we're working on it.

I ordered at the back end of 2009 and managed to get a place right at the end of the first batch. I haven't received an email, Craig I have sent you a PM with my order details.

But, the 1ghz units aren't cheaper than the 600mhz units. The prices I'm seeing are in addition to the money that you've paid to preorder the old 600mhz units. So, I'm not sure why that would have any negative impact on cancelations.
The production costs for 1Ghz and 600Mhz units are more or less identical. The 1Ghz units are being sold at the 'inflated' price to cover 'development costs'.

ED Has no (or very few) outstanding pre orders so it might make sense for him to lower the price of a Pandora bought from open Pandora GmbH. Hope that clarifies my ramblings.

But, the 1ghz units aren't cheaper than the 600mhz units. The prices I'm seeing are in addition to the money that you've paid to preorder the old 600mhz units. So, I'm not sure why that would have any negative impact on cancelations.
The production costs for 1Ghz and 600Mhz units are more or less identical. The 1Ghz units are being sold at the 'inflated' price to cover 'development costs'.

ED Has no (or very few) outstanding pre orders so it might make sense for him to lower the price of a Pandora bought from open Pandora GmbH. Hope that clarifies my ramblings.

Ed has a lot of outstanding preorders (hundreds the last time we spoke about it), about half as many as I do. The only way to cover them is selling the 1Ghz unit at a higher price.

Be aware I've had no issues selling them at the high price, and I'm back on the Pandora case now until after Christmas.

Businesses sell units at prices to cover development costs, tooling costs, warranty costs, and salaries just to name a few items. As a balancing act a business needs to cover its liabilities and make some level of profit without making the price so high that people won't buy it. Part of the costs/liabilities are the pre-orders which likely funded much of the early development and manufacturing that resulted in improvements seen in the 1GHz. I think Ed and Craig are trying to make everyone whole.

Ed has a lot of outstanding preorders (hundreds the last time we spoke about it), about half as many as I do.

Please accept my apology, what I meant to write was ED Has no (or very few) outstanding 1Ghz pre orders.

My concern is that from my perspective, as an outside observer, it may well make business sense for OP GmbH to drop the price of the 1 Ghz units by say $100 - $150 (bring price down to $750 - $700 + postage) and generate more profit from increased sales, however this price drop would be highly problematic for the reasons raised above.

This sort of thing is very difficult to sort out, I've certainly not got a solution, but it is great to hear that the 1Ghz problem is being tackled head on.

Ed has a lot of outstanding preorders (hundreds the last time we spoke about it), about half as many as I do. The only way to cover them is selling the 1Ghz unit at a higher price.

Be aware I've had no issues selling them at the high price, and I'm back on the Pandora case now until after Christmas.
Hi Craig,

First of all you will clear 1GHz pre-order queue right? as you wrote

FIFO

Finally some kind of response regarding refunds :) Thank you.

Hey man! Look:

Hello Aleksandr,

Thank you for contacting us about Google Order #338159*****. We no longer allow the seller, OpenPandora Ltd, to process orders using Google Wallet. As your account shows that you have already been charged for this order, we have issued you a refund to the credit card used to place this order.

Refunds can take up to an additional three business days to appear on your credit card statement. If the refund does not appear, please contact your bank for more information. To see which credit card was used in this transaction, visit https://wallet.googl...ipt/338159*****

If the refund is successful and the seller provides sufficient evidence that your order was completed according to our Terms of Service and their published policies, you may be recharged for this order. If you don't hear from us within four weeks, please consider this refund final.

If you'd like to place a new order with this seller outside of Google Wallet, please do so at your own risk. Alternatively, to view a selection of other stores using Google Wallet, please visit http://www.google.com/wallet/m.html

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this order may have caused you.

Sincerely,

Robin

The Google Wallet Team

2863819m.jpg

Great ! Let's make a bank run to get refunds via Google Wallet ! This way a wonderful chain of events will occur :

- A few get refunds

- then OpenPandora LTD gets bankrupt.

- therefore all of the others waiting for refunds or their Pandora are f*****

- And finally Craig and ED can create a new, clean and debtless company to sell the new Pandoras.

Edit : And of course, this way there is no more way to sue CircuitCo.

We have now finished sending the emails. If you have not had an email please check your spam folders, then if in doubt PM me.

Be aware that over 100 of you have asked to upgrade so I and Ed now have to very carefully coordinate this from today.

Next week I am doing another publicity run for the 1Ghz unit.

Those of you waiting for a refund, please be patent, we're working on it.

This is certainly good news. If I'm calculating things correctly, this should remove 100 units from the que for the upgrades and an additional hundredish of the 600mhz units that just got funded. Which seems like about half, if the numbers I've seen are at all accurate. I can't recall where I saw that 400ish figure floating around from.

It's a shame that so much ended up going to pay for CC being unable to deliver on it's promises.

Great ! Let's make a bank run to get refunds via Google Wallet ! This way a wonderful chain of events will occur :

- A few get refunds

- And finally Craig and ED can create a new, clean and debtless company to sell the new Pandoras.

IMO nothing will happen because Craig shut down his Google Checkout account after last massive refunds. I'm just curious how Google will handle this when there is no seller account (or maybe there is, but Craig/Jacquelyn was bluffing).

- A few get refunds

IMO nothing will happen because Craig shut down his Google Checkout account after last massive refunds. I'm just curious how Google will handle this when there is no seller account (or maybe there is, but Craig/Jacquelyn was bluffing).

Assuming the account is closed, the money is probably going to come from the reserve that payment providers hold for such cases where the original payee isn't around to pay it back or can't.

Back