Beta Appstore Testing (Again)

Bosbeetle said:
Well now its flash and I think that is not yet pandora compatible, or am I wrong?

lol I actually forgot about that muhaha :p

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Can superpandora PM me please?
Right here
bdskrk.jpg

The member craigix cannot receive any new messages

Attachments

• bdskrk.jpg
    bdskrk.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 105
Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
Haha, if I edit out the password field from the registration page, I can make accounts that are impossible to log into
I also made an account I couldn't log in to. I just cut and paste the url from the reg page into all 3 fields, as some kind of strange test, but then couldn't log in.

Dead1nside said:
I would appreciate if you would accept longer email addresses, mine doesn't fit the current field.

how long is it? char wise

Haha, if I edit out the password field from the registration page, I can make accounts that are impossible to log into

I don't think they get made at all, I think the script just exits. But I'm going to do proper formatted error pages tomorrow.

craigix said:
<br>
<br>Haha, if I edit out the password field from the registration page, I can make accounts that are impossible to log into<br>
<br><br>I don't think they get made at all, I think the script just exits. But I'm going to do proper formatted error pages tomorrow.<br>
<br><br>YAY!can't wait for the error pages :p<br>

8 blank space can be submited as comment.

When I choose "by Name" for the Games cat, when I goto Emulators its still "by Name". But, if I go back on Games, I've got "By Name".
When I choose "by Rating" for the Games cat, when I goto Emulators, I can see it move to "by Name"

I'm going to say what I have and if it overlaps then I'm sorry, I can't read massive threads, I don't have time :/

All of these are on Firefox.

- You can sign up twice with the same email address.
- This one I know was mentioned, but I figured it should be said again. The password needs to be confirmed, because my "main" account (I assume we'll wipe this stuff later) had a bad password typed in...
- When going from screenshot mode to video mode on an app if there is no video, the right menu extends downward past where it should go.
- On an app, the User Video/Reviews tab doesn't work and just displays the main videos tab.
- On an app, the downvote comment button is a 404 (maybe this isn't done? the link looks like you thought it would be...)
- When toggling a mode for "Only Show X" on the app listings, the ratings and downloads visually jumps down (CSS) then back up as you toggle it.
- This is the biggest of the bugs: it is written in Perl. ;)

EDIT: Uhhh, the videos are in Flash. Does that mean the Pandora supports Flash?!?!??!?!? (I thought it would require an ARM compile by Adobe, which I figured was never going to happen)

craigix said:
5) The layout is set for the Pandora res or the iphone res only. (it autodetects), there is no reason why it could not be bigger, but it's not really designed for a full size browser.

While it's great that it is designed for the Pandora screen, I think it would be nice if it looked good on normal-sized displays too. After all, not everyone who would be browsing the store would always do it directly from the Pandora.

Making it look decent is not too hard. Here, I made three small changes to travis.css: I set the #right and #left height to 100% and set the background to the color of the top menu. Here's the result:

http://alec.mooo.com/lol/apps

I think it looks a lot better.

I agree that there should be the usual two password fields. Keeps people from locking themselves out during registration.

Also, email addresses should get some basic verification. Nothing too fancy (because "fancy" and "correct" usually don't agree); a regexp check against .+@.+\..+ would suffice. Of course, if you want to do proper validation, there's a Perl module for that but it's prbably overkill.

Gruso said:
^ Agreed.

no problem it'll come once all the pandora related tweaks are done. i'll concentrate on the desktop style.

Alec  said:
craigix said:
5) The layout is set for the Pandora res or the iphone res only. (it autodetects), there is no reason why it could not be bigger, but it's not really designed for a full size browser.

While it's great that it is designed for the Pandora screen, I think it would be nice if it looked good on normal-sized displays too. After all, not everyone who would be browsing the store would always do it directly from the Pandora.

Making it look decent is not too hard. Here, I made three small changes to travis.css: I set the #right and #left height to 100% and set the background to the color of the top menu. Here's the result:

http://alec.mooo.com/lol/apps

I think it looks a lot better.

I think there was a reason I didn't use 100%, I think when the apps go over the page height the background stopped.

OK I'm back on fixing up the issues, so please stop playing with it for today. I'll post again when it's ready for testing again, which will probably be tomorrow. Note that all the user accounts and files etc. will be deleted.

Ed is going to put real software on it from Saturday.

Back