Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 3 released

Minimenu doesn't detect PND files in my SD card's /pandora/mmenu/ directory, but it detects PNDs in /pandora/apps/ just fine. I think this is because my SD card has a custom directory name (ie. it isn't denoted as /media/mmcblk0p1/ or /media/mmcblk1p1/).

EDIT: I have tried rescanning applications multiple times, always with the same results.
I have the same issue. I don't think it's because of the SD card's label, although I haven't checked this yet.

I think it's more of an issue of minimenu configuration.

Notice that in the /etc/pandora/conf/mmenu.conf file in Beta 3 it's set to look for PNDs also in desktop and menu folders, which is kind of a contrary behavior to what's stated in the wiki.

I don't know how it has been in previous releases of the OS as I've got my Pandora just 2 days ago and flashed it to Beta 3 right on the spot.

After some fiddling with the settings in the .conf file, I managed to make minimenu discover PNDs located in /pandora/mmenu folder, although it still discovers apps located in /pandora/desktop and /pandora/menu folders (even when I disable it in the .conf file).

Does nobody else think of this as an issue or do you guys just keep everything in /pandora/apps and don't care? :)

I have some random issues with wifi, sometimes kernel 3.2 freezes during wifi use (I only had this with wifi on) and sometimes it asks for my pasword again it should already have had, mostly followed by a freeze or impossibility to connect.

The other thing I noticed that my pandora gave the battery low warning than I looked at the battery and it was at 0% kind of weird. I charged it all night and it only was at 62% then after a bike ride of 10 min it was at 72%, I dont think it charged during the bike ride, so there is something wonky about the battery meter in kernel 3.2

Hi,

I just tried my DVB-T USB stick, and it does not seem to work with the new kernel.

It is the Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T

I copied the firmware to /lib/firmware/

sudo modprobe ehci-hcd to activate USB

lsusb shows the stick in the list though. I can also use it with the old kernel.

With the new kernel, the programs (MeTV, VLC) can't seem to find the stick.

I tried a USB-Memory-Stick with the new kernel, and that one works fine.

I changed my "preferred applications" setting for a web browser to Midori and that works well. when I click the "Web Browser" link in the menu I get ... midori!

But I thought that this also controled what app is used for help content documentation? It says so on that window.

But when I go to the menu Documentation and click any of them I still get Links.

Why is this a problem? Because all the pages are just text files and if they did not cut their line short you have everything going off screen.

No word Wrap.

Can this be fixed?

Also, how do I edit the menu? Or can I?

Also, is EXT4 supported yet? I am curious about this, though I still think EXT2 is best for SD cards health, EXT4 may be faster.
Ext4 works in general, but not for the boot volume (bootloader doesn't support it, and then ext4 is loaded as a module). Ext4 tools are included.

does ext4 should works already in beta 2 ? or it's included from the 3rd ?

cause I have beta 2 and it tells me "Unknown file system 'ext4'"

Back