Shipping On The 4Th?

paddy

Website
Visit site
Imagine if OPT had used a chinese company for board production instead of the good ole USA omg what a nightmare that would have been ,after all said and done don't you think OPT have made more good decisions than bad i think they have it spot on.

This is for Craig or Ed ,now that time is getting on ,things are looking better progress made and all that ,do you guys need help with anything that us forum members could do ? i don't know but anything that we could do to help would keep us busy and take some pressure off you guys ,also Craig how is the store progress going ? and Ed how is the software for the OS ,in particular how is media playback currently ,and what about the dev fund or other funds for the guys that will be going to Craig's to help with production.

cheers guys

Paddy

bzar

A Commando
Website
Visit site
craigix said:
Right, so, everything might be here on the 12th.

Interestingly there will be about 1500 completed boards - about 700 of which won't need the mod.

I'm not usually the one to say something like this, but... please don't use the term "everything" unless you mean "everything needed to make the entire first batch". You probably mean "everything needed to start making the first batch", which is different, because there can still be delays between pandoras ~1000-4000 other than assembly. It's not the most probable case, but seeing how nicely things not in your control have happened in time so far... I wouldn't take any chances communicating that you have everything needed for people to finally get their pandoras if you don't. I'm somewhere between 1400 and 1500 myself, and I would hate to think that I'll get mine as soon as youo put it together only to hear that you only had 1000 cases and the factory missed another deadline because the painting company suddenly ceased to exist or something. When you say everything, mean everything. No buts, no excepts. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pleng

Very Active Member
TylerAW said:
craigix said:
Right, so, everything might be here on the 12th.

Interestingly there will be about 1500 completed boards - about 700 of which won't need the mod.
Ok so what you are saying is as soon as a week (or possibly sooner) from the 12th REAL Pandora's will be shipped?

Lol there's gotta be a response like that to pretty much EVERY date Craig has posted in the last couple of months :)

Dauric

Honestly, I don't care about the first assembly dates, I don't care about any Pandoras in the first 1,000. It's nice progress and all, but 3/4 of the preorders are not in that first 1000, so I'd wager that 3/4 of your customers primarily want to know about Pandoras 1,001 - 4,000 of which there has been terribly little news. It's nice to know about the production starting with the first 1/4 of the first run, but mine isn't in that first 1/4 so it's trivia to me.

What's the story with Pandoras 1,001 to 4,000?

calc84maniac

Dauric said:
Honestly, I don't care about the first assembly dates, I don't care about any Pandoras in the first 1,000. It's nice progress and all, but 3/4 of the preorders are not in that first 1000, so I'd wager that 3/4 of your customers primarily want to know about Pandoras 1,001 - 4,000 of which there has been terribly little news. It's nice to know about the production starting with the first 1/4 of the first run, but mine isn't in that first 1/4 so it's trivia to me.

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

VRAndy

Very Active Member
Dauric said:

I've intentionally resisted asking what my pre-order number is so that I can get excited about these first thousand.

There is a 3/4 chance this strategy is going backfire on me and result in bitter disappointment, but that's Future-Me. Present-Me is happy to be optimistic.

SNESFAN

Retro game fanatic
VRAndy said:
I've intentionally resisted asking what my pre-order number is so that I can get excited about these first thousand.

There is a 3/4 chance this strategy is going backfire on me and result in bitter disappointment, but that's Future-Me. Present-Me is happy to be optimistic.
Future-me went back and told present-me not to cancel my pre-order and said it was totally worth it. Well present-me kicked future-me's ass and took his time machine and went back and is now in possession of my pandora... that son of a bitch. HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING IT ASSHOLE!!!

Vlynndar

It was a resistor.
jb0yx said:
VRAndy said:

Future-me went back and told present-me not to cancel my pre-order and said it was totally worth it. Well present-me kicked future-me's ass and took his time machine and went back and is now in possession of my pandora... that son of a bitch. HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING IT ASSHOLE!!!

Hey, look on the bright side. Now you can unbox the Pandora TWICE!

alerino

and it broke the space-time continuum
oh lord, have mercy :D

Jourdy288

Exophase said:
Jourdy288 said:
Maybe he should watch Primer.

Don't watch Primer. :|
Why not? I saw it, enjoyed it, just took me a while to... Get it. It's like playing Portal for the first time.

Exophase

Nothing good will ever come of Exophase.
Jourdy288 said:
Why not? I saw it, enjoyed it, just took me a while to... Get it. It's like playing Portal for the first time.

Just didn't really like it. About two thirds of the way through I knew there was no way I was going to be able to continue to keep track of what's going on. I like movies that are complex because they're complex, not just because they didn't do a very good job telling it and left too many things out.

SNESFAN

Retro game fanatic
Exophase said:
Jourdy288 said:

Just didn't really like it. About two thirds of the way through I knew there was no way I was going to be able to continue to keep track of what's going on. I like movies that are complex because they're complex, not just because they didn't do a very good job telling it and left too many things out.
I just got finished watching it. The ending kinda put the pieces back together, about the 2/3 mark I was like WTF is even going on. But it was a good deep confuing movie. Still think it has nothing on momento though, I've watched that one about 20 times with a notebook and still couldn't track that timeline correctly.