Shipping On The 4Th?

1magus

EvilDragon said:
hells_dark said:
So..err..what's the new date ?

Pickup by UPS on May 7th.
Ok so we will finnaly get the cases YAY and we have the BOARDS YAY. But what about the LCD, NUBS, Batteries etc.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

At the very least, the batteries *are* in the UK. :p I wouldn't worry too much, myself.

Matthias_H

EvilDragon said:
Pickup by UPS on May 7th.

Chinese have cell phones, don't they? Why don't they send a photo of the boxes waiting to be picked up?

Rockthesmurf

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
Question to Chinese Factory: Have you shipped the cases yet?
A. Yes, although there might be a delay with UPS due to the volcano.

Question to UPS: Have you shipped order number XYZ?
A. No, we don't even have that order.

Question to Chinese Factor: Are you sure you shipped that order?
A. Yes.

Question to Chinese Factory: Are you positive?
A. Yes

<2 weeks pass>

Question to Chinese Factory: About those cases... Have you really shipped them?
A. How can we ship them when we haven't painted them yet?

Q: But I thought you said that... the other week... *sigh* okay when will you really ship them.
A. Yesterday.

Q: Yesterday?!
A. Sorry, we meant tomorrow, next week.

Q. Is that tomorrow or next week?
A. Tuesday of next week.

Q. Well, I guess that's okay - I feel reasonably confident you guys are telling the truth this time.
A. Sorry if there has being any language communication errors. But I can assure you the cases will definitely start being painted Tuesday of next week.

Q. Started painting? I thought you said they would be shipping Tuesday of next week?
A. No that's when we will start looking for a company to paint them for you.

Q. You haven't even found out who is going to paint them yet?
A. No, it's not Wednesday of next week yet.

Q. WEDNESDAY? I thought it was going to be Tuesday??!!!
A. Well we can start looking for somewhere to start painting them on Tuesday if you like, although it doesn't seem very worth while when we are not going to be receiving the paint until two weeks on Friday.

Q. Sod it, we'll paint them ourselves, please ship them now.
A. No problem, we still switch the new mould machine online on the 28th of a month this year, and start producing 10,000 cases a day as soon as the machine has warmed up.

Q. WHAT? I THOUGHT YOU HAD THE CASES MADE ALREADY?
A. Which cases?

Q. ....
A. Thank you for shopping with Chinese Factor!

Q. ....
A. If you have any other problems do not hesitate to contact us. Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.

Q. ...

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
;)
That Q&A sounds like you really talked to them.... naaaaah. It's not THAT bad... but VERY very close...

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Right, so, everything might be here on the 12th.

Interestingly there will be about 1500 completed boards - about 700 of which won't need the mod.

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
craigix said:
Interestingly there will be about 1500 completed boards - about 700 of which won't need the mod.
Didn't they say 500 per week, hoping to go faster as they progress? Starting from April 1st, even if they stayed at 500 per week they should have about 3000 boards by mid May, no? 2700 at least (4 weeks in April plus a couple weeks to ship, plus whatever you already have) with the remainder showing up 2 or 3 weeks later.
(Unless I've missed something, sorry)

1magus

craigix said:
Right, so, everything might be here on the 12th.

Ok so what you are saying is as soon as a week (or possibly sooner) from the 12th REAL Pandora's will be shipped?

Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
He's saying everything may be there by the 12th so they can start building Pandoras. They have 700 which need modding, they'll be getting aprox. another 800 by the 12th (100 of those may need modding).

I have to assume at some point they stopped building boards and than began again which is why they dont have more boards... either that or they moved a lot slower than they claimed they could for what ever reason. ANyway I dont think the team could fairly guess when the Pandora's will be done until they actually have all the parts in house. Sure it'd be nice to estimate another date but supposed they find something is missing like a bunch of B buttons.

1magus

Alpha2 said:
He's saying everything may be there by the 12th so they can start building Pandoras. They have 700 which need modding, they'll be getting aprox. another 800 by the 12th (100 of those may need modding).

I have to assume at some point they stopped building boards and than began again which is why they dont have more boards... either that or they moved a lot slower than they claimed they could for what ever reason. ANyway I dont think the team could fairly guess when the Pandora's will be done until they actually have all the parts in house. Sure it'd be nice to estimate another date but supposed they find something is missing like a bunch of B buttons.
The Batteries are still missing I think he also means they might be there on the 12th.

Xtreme2k

If they really only did about 800 boards during the last month, it would take another three months at that speed to do the remaining 2500 ones. I hope Craig can explain what's wrong with those numbers.

Trevsweb

nice to know a date however in the past announcing a date has always been cursed lol good luck guys fingers and toes crossed

tsh

Website
Visit site
Xtreme2k said:
If they really only did about 800 boards during the last month, it would take another three months at that speed to do the remaining 2500 ones. I hope Craig can explain what's wrong with those numbers.
So they spent one Friday afternoon doing our cases. We now need them to commit a whole day to the remainder. Have you never considered that they might have other jobs that they find more exciting to do? So many people on this board with no concept of real life whatsoever.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Alpha2 said:

Michael will leave as soon as the cases are picked up, so that he can do the mod until the cases arrive :)

Last edited:

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
EvilDragon said:
Michael will leave as soon as the cases are picked up, so that he can do the mod until the cases arrive :)
I remember that once the Chinese gave you a fake parcel number. Before he leaves make sure that this parcel number isn't fake :)