Release HotFix 5 - RC 1 ready for testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB-OTG switching from hostmode to client and vice versa is not working without a reboot.

This might be an issue that arose with one of the hotfixes (worked before according to notaz) and is certainly not working with my HF5-RC1.

Please see this thread for further Info:

@Bosbeetle

According to ED, the final release will be PNDed

Just a small question will HF5 eventually be a PND installer again?

Yep; it takes some work to do that, so ED's saving that for actual release, though.

.pnd.old being picked up .. theres some simple logic to figure out 'at first blush' which files to keep looking into as pnds or not; I think its just looking for .pnd in the filename, surprised I didnt' check to ensure it weas at the very end though :) I'll have to stick that in :)

I usually rename mind to .pnz or something to 'hide' them :p

jeff

also skeezix it still has issues with trying to mount more then 1 pnd file at a time espeshly when using firefox forsome reason.

has anyone else noticed this.

i dont know if its old or not, but there is a bug in the op_cpu_speed script. that can be fixed with a simple :.

if you change the default cpu voltage, it add a maxopp field to cpu.conf, which cause it to be appended to $maxmhz in cpu_speed. essentially disabling the upper limit for pnd overclock.

changing grep max to grep "max:" in op_cpu_speed line 5 fix the issue.

I'd never remember what the file was before if I started changing letters in the extension :D

i dont know if its old or not, but there is a bug in the op_cpu_speed script. that can be fixed with a simple :.

if you change the default cpu voltage, it add a maxopp field to cpu.conf, which cause it to be appended to $maxmhz in cpu_speed. essentially disabling the upper limit for pnd overclock.

changing grep max to grep "max:" in op_cpu_speed line 5 fix the issue.

Thanks, fixed :)

I tried out HF5 RC1 for a couple of days, and I ran into some bugs, especially involving startup, shutdown, and sleep modes.

When I would put the Pandora into sleep mode via the switch, the system and LEDs would power down normally, but the screen would stay backlit. It also would not come out of this, and had to have the battery dropped to fix it.

Any time I tried to restart the Pandora or shut it down, I would get a screen that was bottom half the "Zaxxon" loader and the top half had a blinking cursor, and then nothing. Had to drop the battery to stop this.

Also, quickly inserting SD cards would make the Pandora not recognize them; I found if I pushed the stick in and held it for a second or so, watching for the read/write light, then it would work great.

I've flashed it back to HF4, but if these seem like concerns someone might want to look at I'm more than willing to reflash and attempt to duplicate them... as long as someone gives me instructions on how to properly log it and all that.

But other than that, keep up the excellent work. I honestly cannot put the Pandora down. :)

Also, some suggestions for later updates:

Put a "Sleep Mode" option in the GUI, and/or enable the Pandora button to wake the Pandora when pressed (with, of course, the lock button preventing this)?

If it can't do it already, work some magic so the bluetooth will connect to a hands-free ear piece or headphones?

Ability to swap the functions of the gamepad buttons and the right nub for mousing controls (buttons click, stick does pgup/pgdn/end/home)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back