Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 4 released

Can`t remember, is there a screen saver kicking in thats causing it to freeze. I think, up until now I`ve either been playing with it, or closing the lid, or switching it off.
There is a blank-screen idle time. Press menu->settings->LCD settings. Choose "enable/disable screen blanking" and "disable it".

It seems strange to me that the screen blanking would cause it to freeze, but it's possible. Disabling it and leaving it for a bit could help narrow down the problem.

Hi there,

I definitely like this version of the firmware over the others. The sleep mode is great. I have been testing other things as well and I may have found an issue.

In the older kernel, I, like others, was experiencing a BT disconnect problem using a bluetooth mouse. I was testing this issue out on 3.2 and here is what happens and how to reproduce. I was using an MS 5000 mouse.

1. In the usual way, pair with and use the BT mouse.
  2. Now, turn the mouse off and then back on.
  3. The Pandora now ignores the mouse (same as Zaxxon).
  4. After a little time (about a minute), the bluetooth icon disappears in the system tray. Dis/re-enabling BT does not bring it back, and the Pandora continues to ignore the mouse (icon disappering is new in SuperZaxxon).
  5. Logout and then back in. The Pandora freezes during the autostart sequence. A hard reset is needed (new in SuperZaxxon).

I only tried step 5 because in the older kernel, this step was sufficient to correct the issue. Also, although I cannot reproduce reliably, it seems that these steps without #5 may eventually bring about a crash without logging out/in.

I am not sure how big of a deal this is since I assume not too many people use BT mice with their unit, but if there is anything I can check let me know.

Thanks.

Can`t remember, is there a screen saver kicking in thats causing it to freeze. I think, up until now I`ve either been playing with it, or closing the lid, or switching it off.
There is a blank-screen idle time. Press menu->settings->LCD settings. Choose "enable/disable screen blanking" and "disable it".

It seems strange to me that the screen blanking would cause it to freeze, but it's possible. Disabling it and leaving it for a bit could help narrow down the problem.
Also try closing-opening the lid several times, maybe 5, if it freezes, that might give some ideas.

I am not sure how big of a deal this is since I assume not too many people use BT mice with their unit, but if there is anything I can check let me know.
Maybe check dmesg output (type 'dmesg' in terminal) before step5.

I love the new supersaxxon!

I had no issues apart from 3 system freezes by now that occurred right after coming from standby with wifi enabled (happens in 1 out of 10 times maybe) and one system freeze that occurred the moment I manually reenabled wifi on the system tray. So I guess the system freezes may be related to wifi?

Got the beta4 OS on SD1

Maybe check dmesg output (type 'dmesg' in terminal) before step5.

I am actually having trouble reproducing this at all now - interesting. The mouse now returns to life after power off/on - something that nevern happened with Zaxxon. It may take some time (10-30 seconds) but it seems to come back ok. I did get the dmesg output during the time the mouse was unresponsive. Here is a part that looks interesting:

[ 121.607177] Bluetooth: Unknown HCI packet type 69

[ 121.607208] Bluetooth: Unknown HCI packet type 49

[ 121.607208] Bluetooth: Unknown HCI packet type 00

[ 121.607238] Bluetooth: Unknown HCI packet type 80

[ 121.607238] Bluetooth: Unknown HCI packet type 25

[ 121.607269] Bluetooth: Unknown HCI packet type 00

[ 121.607269] Bluetooth: Unknown HCI packet type 01

I will post if I can figure out how to reliably reproduce the crash.

How many more betas before we see the final? Is xfce updated?

If you holding off upgrading because it's beta don't.. we're always in beta mode.. And generally if there is a final, it's just being patched with another beta..

Last edited by a moderator:
^

+1

This isn't Microsoft
True :)

OP takes a finished version and calls it beta

MS takes an unfinished version and calls it profesional

edit: changed finished to profesional

Last edited by a moderator:
any time another device on the network is transferring a fair amount of data via wifi, the wifi on the pandora stops responding, and I have to disconnect and reconnect to the network to get it going again.
Unfortunately I can't really do much for this one. Crashes like in F_Slim's case are relatively easy when backtrace is available, but here it would need deep knowledge of this undocumented chip and it's firmware to figure out what's going on and how to fix it. It's a shame this driver has been abandoned in this rather poor state and is no longer developed.
I had the same thing with Wifi. see my posts on previous pages. It was the router encryption (Needed to be set to AES) And interference on the router channel. Once I found a clear channel 3rd choice) the issue was resolved. It may not be your problem but it _could_ be!

I have been fine ever since.

For the record, I have now been able to switch my router back to AES, but this problem has not been solved. (though I am now running Beta 5a)

Back