A few Colors and Packages (with a poll!)

Which packaging would you prefer?

• The smaller one (with the battery below the Pyra)

Votes: 282 94.3%
  • The bigger one (with the battery and the Pyra at the same level)

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

Thanks for the update ED.

The violet colour case looks awful IMO, darker grey for the other one, I'm still holding out for clear/transparent/colourless. I cut up the boxes of my toys and use them as wallpaper in my study, I think the small box looks nicer.

Is it just me or does the hinge in the video look as loose as the Pandoras'?

Is it just me or does the hinge in the video look as loose as the Pandoras'?

It's even more loose for now.

We're using the Pandora hinge. The difference will be the case.
A new Pandora hinge can be even be even harder to move than a regular Laptop as long as it's new.
The problem is that the case of the Pandora will be worn out pretty fast and the friction of the case parts will decrease.

The Pyra case still is not finished so there is no friction at all.
But once there is friction it will be a lot better than the Pandora case as the plastic is so much more robust.

Or whe can just screew the whole clamshell thing, and make something like my little friend hear:
da655390be57e4dbdde3dc084e43bc99.jpg

Just kidding, the Clamshell is one of the best solutions for such a device, because its give space for buttons and keyboard and big screen whitout a loss of poketfriendly
I only needet a reason to put my picture in...

Thanks Askarus, my Pandora hinge was loose from new, I didn't know the Pyra was using the same hinge.
[doublepost=1465927145,1465926964][/doublepost]Off topic -

But then I'm using Samsung Note III phones and a Note Pro 12.2 tablet on them.

I love my Note Pro!

how is the resistance of the opening of the pyra?
can it stay opened if i hold it when i am lying down on my back?

in the video i can see that it has almost no resistance.

how is the resistance of the opening of the pyra?
can it stay opened if i hold it when i am lying down on my back?

in the video i can see that it has almost no resistance.

That's because the case is not finished yet.
It has NO resistance right now except the click of the hinge.

Don't worry about that. It's still not the final case.

Thanks Askarus, my Pandora hinge was loose from new, I didn't know the Pyra was using the same hinge.

That's the unfortunate Pandora situations. Some cases are extremely hard and some pretty loose.
I've built enough to know that :).

But don't worry guys we're all doing our best to make the Pyra as good as possible.

From what I gathered, it should be possible to insert the crucial part of the DS-hinge which you can find at some shops that have replacement parts for NDS (like Vartis).
It's a very small stopper which holds the hinge in certain positions.
This is supposedly already possible on Pandora but nobody seems to do it.

The only reason why something like this isn't included in the first place is Nintendo's patent trolling.

what about a button which pinches the lid when it is released and releases the lid when it is pressed? :eek:
it could be very precise for the opening angle we want.

Love the new update and the videos! I agree that a darker grey would look nicer and contrast better with the aluminum Pyra emblem.

That does puzzle me.

What's wrong with the "tabs on the lid and slots in the sides" design that the Pandora box used or the "tab on the lid and slot in the bottom" design the Retrode's box uses?

Nothing, on the contrary ...
It reminds of old stuff we had.

arpcbox.jpg

Progress is an ancient idea.
We still dig holes with shovel though.

IMHO, KISS.

kiss_pandas.jpg

No, no ... Not those ones. ;)

Attachments

• arpcbox.jpg
    arpcbox.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 280
Both colours need to be a lot darker, I'd say. Thinkpad black would be ideal as a standard colour.

For more interesting colours, I'd want something much more subdued and darker:
Perhaps one of these:

██████████ #801010 ██████████
██████████ #301560 ██████████

ED's business plan requires that he sell at least 3000 Pyras in order to be able to pay off his debts. If I was ED I'd be looking to place the Pyra with as many retailers as would take it. (once production is stable that is) Redesigning the box for retailers later would represent additional costs that can be avoided if the box is designed correctly to begin with.
-Neelix
Are any of those retailers physical stores? Nowhere else does the box represent what you see. Adding cost to designing a box scales quite badly, because you need to put money up front, for what I cant see as profitable down the road. The box that is on it now actually excites me, something no box has ever done.

… I'm a bit concerned about the durability of that port on the long run...

There are a lot of magnetic cables that put no wear on the port at all http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4A-Micro-...hash=item5684a9fe83:m:mwgCujgCxcluisMo_nr737A

Last edited:
[doublepost=1465927145,1465926964][/doublepost]Off topic -
I love my Note Pro![/QUOTE]

Biggest phone ever. It's my round-the-house-tablet. I still haven't stuck a SIM in it yet - AT&T version.

Back